Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

151 Racing Round 5 Race Report

151 Racing Round 5 Race Report

Ahhh, another race hangover is on me and I love it. I wish I could race every weekend. The weekend started pretty normal and got a little crazy. All things considered it went great. I arrived late Friday night as normal and got unloaded in the AMSOIL garage like normal. I slept in the trailer and got up early on Saturday to be in tech at 7 and get some new Dunlops mounted. There were some shiny new woodcraft tire warmers and some other goodies waiting for me before practice. It's a great service to have that brought to the track and waiting. I played in early practice with the motard and went to second practice with the SV. All was good, I was lose and ready for GTL after lunch.

Saturday: I usually don't have any visitors, other than my wife occasionally and a rare friend. This weekend that changed. My father and mother in law, with my two nephews came to watch. Wifey brought the mutt to the track for the first time. And, my parents decided to come up to watch me race. It was a lot deal with but i was very happy for all the support

GTL- DNF/DNS The warm up lap was good, and normally I wouldn't mention it, but it's the only lap I completed of the race. At the start I smoked the clutch the SV and went into turn 1 dead last. I limped the bike to the 3-10 split and watched the race from there. I had two more races on Saturday but they were both with the motard, so I ignored the issue to deal with it later. Between the doggy and family, I couldn't have fixed it if I wanted.

Super Singles 3rd /5 - Not much to say other than it was fun to ride with the experts as always. I got into third and rode the race out. Best lap of 24.3.

ULSB 6th /9 - 24.2 I like this race, it's fun to play with the faster bikes. It seemed like I was holding back a little when I watch the video. I made a move on Larry 696 on the last lap in 11. It's becoming one of my stronger spots to make passes or a little bit of time. His monster made it back by me by the finish, but it was fun to battle.

Saturday night I got a clutch, and after a few attempts I got it in and the bike seemed normal. I was rushing and messing up. It was getting late and still raining and we out so I never test rode the bike. I also got some hot tips by a local fast guy, for motard setup. It helped a lot on Sunday.

Sunday: I notices the clutch gasket that I reused was leaking oil on the SV. Instead of stressing myself out about it I took the motard out for practice and afterward made some changes to my Sunday races. I dropped LWSS for LWSP because the Motard has slick tires and isn't allowed in SS.

LWSB- 9th / 18 22.8 - The changes we made to the Honda really payed off. It felt much better and the sliding and chattering is way down. I felt like I could actually start to ride comfortable and push on the bike. I did't place that well, but the race is against SV's and I did cut decent lap time. The LW classes in AM are much faster this year than last. i love the competition. It was disappointed to not ride the SV in this race, but getting comfortable on the Honda is more than fun.

Motard - 1st /4 22.7 - This was the most fun race of the weekend. From the start I got behind 906 and tried to make some early passes on him. I think on the first and second lap I got him in 11 to get passed back on the straight away. I found a hole in turn 6 from following him for the rest of the race and made a move braking into 6 and it stuck. I finished .6 ahead for my second AM win.

LWSP- 2nd / 6 - 906 and I went at it again. It was a little back and forth, and some contact coming onto the front straight, but he held me off. I honestly think that if i could have got some open track I would have lost him, but, I never could make my passes stick against his fast Kawi. It was a thrilling end to the weekend regardless.

Can't wait for Round 6!

Thanks to IBEW 104 for making all of this possible. Computrack Boston for getting my suspension setup. Woodcraft CFM for the best made in USA tire warmers in the business. Dave Consalvo and AMSOIL team for all the support. Adrenaline cycle for all of my ridiculous last minute racer needs. Dunlop Tires and race tire service, for having a great product and awesome service. Of course, all the north garage guys and all of the other LRRS racers I race with. It wouldn't be the same without you all.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Re: 151 Racing Round 5 Race Report

Ahhh, I'm pretty sure I see you headed past our garage to pregrid and always think, "who the F is sponsored by a union?" - but never realized it was you. Sounds like aa great weekend JC - despite the SV troubles, podiums on the tard and what I imagine were good family times (since you didn't mention freakouts or meltdowns, haha).

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Bill Cool --- NEMRR EX #8 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

151 Racing Round 5 Race Report-image-jpg

Yeah that's me. IBEW 104 'We keep the power on' I don't usually go by the RSP garage though. Podiums don't mean so much on the motard because of the small grids, but the battles that we have are great.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Congrats on the podiums! Sounds like that motard is working nicely for you.

Good weekend! I'm with you, ready to go again this weekend.

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.