Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2012 LRRS RD 6 Gino #929

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Thumbs up 2012 LRRS RD 6 Gino #929

2012 LRRS RD 6 Gino #929

This weekend was introduced with some USCRA riders which was welcoming to see. Not only was it great to see the older Vintage bikes other than mine it was good to see them out on the grid with me. It did produce a little bottle necking with the practice session but once you quickly got around them there was plenty of room to roam around. Best lap in practice was a 19.2 with traffic complication.

Saturday Sept 1:
    Before I get all caught up in things. Thanks to my wife, Kate and her friend Marybeth for showing up and showing her support.
    In the pits I stripped off the tires to get me some new B-stones mounted. I also noticed that once the bike cooled down the coolant overflow had a higher level. So I pop the tail and tank and address the system by topping it off and draining the bottle down. 5 years of this hardship… When will it end???
    They weekend they moved P89 to Sunday because of the USCRA group racing on Monday so they accommodated them by moving this event. This was nice of the organizers and I welcomed it. I was able to go into ULSB all cooled down and focused. My race is with Matt Grendron and no one else. Not even Christian Cronin as he only has 30 point in the series. “He is not even in contention for the overall points so think about him.” I just need to stay up on the track and not give my 12 points lead away to Matt. Focus. I roll out. Plan; don’t jump the start, get an out lap in the 20’s hit a minimum of 3 to 5 laps in the 17’s. This should set the tone and provide a comfortable time for me in front of Grendron.
    Green flag drops. Matt gets a bit of jump on the start initially and I roll up past him. I as I get to the wall it appear to be Trevor Arvidson out on the outside. I lead the group thru the first 2 laps. Lap 3 Christian Cronin passes me on the outside exiting T10. My bike thru this section can be like riding a bucking bronco. Rear end can come up, front end can come up , toss in a tank slap so I’ve been pussy footing out of this section just to make sure I stay up. I hang onto his tail. We come out onto the straight I let he hammer drop. Roll in behind his draft. He looks back, sees me and waves. I don’t know if he was saying by as I rip on past him, Hi I’m here or to instigate me. I thought it was funny. Christian from the little I know about him is a great/fun guy to be around. He’s the same on the track. I’m glad I can at least be able to ride with him. Hell he races AMA. Why would I not want to be in this position? I rip past him and begin to push things further. Hey wait. I thought my race was with Matt.. F it. Game on….. Next lap T10 he does the same thing. F er. O,k. If I have to settle in behind him how far away can I be to draft past on the S/F line. I set up a distance of maybe 30’ going into T12. Perfect. I would get him at the line. Head down. Let’s push some of these breaking markers. Deeper and deeper. I go. Lap 5 no more t10 pass. I like this pace. Keep it going. We begin to funnel thru the lappers without complication. Lap 8 I see a group in front as I crest T5. It’s going to be T8-9 I am judging. We roll up on them. I get one on the outside of T8 and the other I begin to cross over for the outside. He hits the throttle hard. Who wait wtf. I know where he’s is going. I just hold up a split second on the outside and he is going straight to the apex. This could have been bad if I continued on the outside. I’m betting all 3 of us would have gone down in a blaze of glory. I end up transitioning back to the left side for a high drive out because all he is going to do is go straight across the exit of t10. I had no problems with this maneuver and Christian did not come around. I take T11 a little cautiously knowing I need to keep this up and if I needed to I could handle a draft pass at this point. I took it in and thru to the S/F line for the win.

Both Christian and I posted our new personal best lap times. He did a 17.2 and I did a 17.1 on the same lap.

Average 18.064. WOW just wow.

I had a great chat with him later. We both had a great time out there and finally caught up on the last time we were out together and posted our PB back in July. We keep pushing ourselves faster and faster.

You can read he Pit Bike race report for those details. http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...e-reports.html

Good night Saturday. Rolled to the 99 with ECK,wife, MB Eric,Brian. It is always a good time out with us. MB orders a pomegranate Martini and Brian gives her shit for ordering a foofoo drink at the 99. Then Christian orders up. I just about choked. Here Brian is giving MB shit well Christian has to outdo the last order of a martini with a Cosmo. The shit really hit the fan ….. Laughs went on all night.

Glad I brought the pallets for the Lodown T1 hang out and up to 2:30 in the am.
    Sunday:
    No practice. Went thru the coolant system again. And prepare for p-89 against all the vintage Ducatis, fzr 400 and ex500’s . I drop a fast of 1:22 for the win. I got to somewhat enjoy what was happening behind me with Johnnie and bill working the expert group. Congrats guys.

Next event I will be working on my T10 exit maybe for those .1 .2 of a second…..

Points lead:
    ULSB - 25 points
    P-89 - 34 points

Fingers Crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all my sponsors and most importantly I want to dedicate this weekend to Dereck Chaput. He lost his life in a motorcycle accident. Dereck is the son of one of our sponsors, Mudd of Pine Motor Parts.

May he ride on in our memories forever.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by nt650hawk; 09-04-12 at 12:38 PM.
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Re: 2012 LRRS RD 6 Gino #929

Looked good out there!

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Great riding, as usual for the 929. Congrats on the new PB. 16's are SOOO close.

Glad I made it up there to see the rest of the team racing Sunday.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

17.1 on what is, essentially, a vintage bike. GO GINO GO

flying on that thing

a Cosmo, what a little princess

Good times.

I'm not sure what is more impressive, 17.1 on a hawk or your 60mph pit bike. I'm willing to bet you wouldn't be the slowest person on the track with that thing.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    a Cosmo, what a little princess
    actually i believe Gino put it best it was a Costh-mo and Smuttys arguement was that he didnt know what it was and wanted to try something new. i call BS but he is still a baby afterall

Last edited by GingahNinjah; 09-04-12 at 11:09 AM.
    https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    Good times.

I'm not sure what is more impressive, 17.1 on a hawk or your 60mph pit bike. I'm willing to bet you wouldn't be the slowest person on the track with that thing.
    A 1 lap full track pitbike race would be pretty awesome

Like a surgeon. Daring precision.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Madness. Well, it's nice to know that I have lots of room for improvement... Congrats Gino!

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

17.1...unbelievable! I really want to skip this race to watch one of these battles. Tell me you have GoPro of one of these!

front facing

you know what is kind of funny. My PB's have been because of some traffic.. the drive and push to get arround them when I want must help.

Last edited by nt650hawk; 09-04-12 at 11:47 AM.
    Gino
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Quote Originally Posted by snwbrdr435 View Post
    A 1 lap full track pitbike race would be pretty awesome
    We used to do them back in the day. Should they ever have another one I'll be there with my 70.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    front facing

you know what is kind of funny. My PB's have been because of some traffic.. the drive and push to get arround them when I want must help.
    It's forcing you off your normal marks, you have room to go deeper, harder, faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    It's forcing you off your normal marks, you have room to go deeper, harder, faster.
    got that right

Gino

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

GET ON THE BOX!

As always Gino, you are an inspiration. I need to beg/borrow/steal some of that fast for Rd7 =)

17.1. I would kill to have that on my bike let alone a Hawk.

LRRS 878 Clapped out Gixxah

Awesome weekend Gino! I will deffinatly be updating the pink duct tape on your bike every round now!!

absolutely!!!

Gino

I like the marketing placement in the picture. Vanson, Bridgestone and ECK. Gino is a Professional!

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

I'm just letting people know what the winning people wear.

JAKE--------------->>>>>>>>>>

Gino

always one of my favorites to watch, and definitely a great guy to hang with in the pits. how much faster can you go on that thing gino?? GO!

CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto

I'm wearing my "GO GINO GO" shirt next round.

Gino...you are ridiculous.

And cosmos are delicious.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!