Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2014 – Season Report and Thoughts

2014 – Season Report and Thoughts

Hi All,

First of all I would like to thank everyone (officials, corner workers, medical crews, racers and their “fencers”) for a great Season.

I did not compete in LRRS 7, but I learned a lot this season, about me, about the racing community and couple of things about racing… My initial goals for the season were :
    - Get once time on the box! - checked
    - Do not get hurt. (kinda messed up this one)
    - See what racing is about. - checked

I won 6 Novice races, and other 8 times got a 2nd or 3rd place and got bumped to AM class. I completed over 30 races and had 1 crash that took me oout for the last LRRS. Now, 5 weeks after the incident, I started the PT and it seems like everything will be fine (after yesterday’s visit to the doc – he was surprised how quick I healed). As far as seeing what racing is about … I saw it and I do not think I can live without it.

The crash taught me more about racing than the whole season. I learned how to respect the track and the bike, not to become cocky and greedy to win and to ride over my ability. There is a very fine like between improving/going faster and riding too fast for the rider’s level. IMO it takes patience on the track and good “debugging” skills. (Any advice will be greatly appreciated). On a happy note, yesterday I got back on my street bike, after getting cleared by the doc!

Going back to the thank you section: Thank you all (again) for being there with and for me! Many thanks to my awesome teammates: Brian, Mike, Roland and Johnny – I would not have gotten in the AM class without you guys! Thank you Josh for hosting me in your garage and explaining me race strategies, making silly jokes with me ... Many thanks to: Penguin Racing School, Armor Bodies, Vortex, DP brakes, Yoshimura and Shorai Batteries for all their support.

See you all in 3 weeks at the banquet and in April on the track!

Dan

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS AM #110 '02 SV650s
    Racing for: Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Sponsors: Woodcraft CFM, Armorbodies, Yoshimura, DP Brakes, Lucas Oil.

Re: 2014 – Season Report and Thoughts

Dan, it was a pleasure racing with you this year. Thank you for adding me to the team. You had one he'll of a season. Heal up we will see you on the grids again.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Ducati/MV Agusta/Kawasaki/Beta
    Boston Tier 1 Racing/ Fishtail Instructor
    DP Brakes Northeast Road Racing Representative

Good stuff. Glad you healing quick and glad you enjoying racing.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DanRo View Post
    Hi All,

First of all I would like to thank everyone (officials, corner workers, medical crews, racers and their “fencers”) for a great Season.

I did not compete in LRRS 7, but I learned a lot this season, about me, about the racing community and couple of things about racing… My initial goals for the season were :
    - Get once time on the box! - checked
    - Do not get hurt. (kinda messed up this one)
    - See what racing is about. - checked

I won 6 Novice races, and other 8 times got a 2nd or 3rd place and got bumped to AM class. I completed over 30 races and had 1 crash that took me oout for the last LRRS. Now, 5 weeks after the incident, I started the PT and it seems like everything will be fine (after yesterday’s visit to the doc – he was surprised how quick I healed). As far as seeing what racing is about … I saw it and I do not think I can live without it.

The crash taught me more about racing than the whole season. I learned how to respect the track and the bike, not to become cocky and greedy to win and to ride over my ability. There is a very fine like between improving/going faster and riding too fast for the rider’s level. IMO it takes patience on the track and good “debugging” skills. (Any advice will be greatly appreciated). On a happy note, yesterday I got back on my street bike, after getting cleared by the doc!

Going back to the thank you section: Thank you all (again) for being there with and for me! Many thanks to my awesome teammates: Brian, Mike, Roland and Johnny – I would not have gotten in the AM class without you guys! Thank you Josh for hosting me in your garage and explaining me race strategies, making silly jokes with me ... Many thanks to: Penguin Racing School, Armor Bodies, Vortex, DP brakes, Yoshimura and Shorai Batteries for all their support.

See you all in 3 weeks at the banquet and in April on the track!

Dan
    Nice writeup. I think you dislocated your shoulder? If you need to talk to somebody about that then feel free to reach out. I have my fair share of experience with shoulder dislocations, corrective surgeries, and long recovery processes. I also picked up some nuggets through work (at an ortho company).

The one thing I have to say to anybody with a joint injury is do your PT. Even if it doesn't hurt, if your joint isn't moving correctly (only a trained PT would notice this) you could be doing damage to your cartilage and accelerating the arthritis process. I've seen the inside of way too many fucked up knees and shoulders in the past 3 years

(there, I'm off my soapbox, even if you didn't need to hear it, Dan....maybe somebody else did)

"Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

Dan, nice meeting you this weekend, heal up quick. Can't wait to mix it up with you next year!

Ductard, thanks for the advice. I still haven't gotten checked out after my NYST T12 tumble, and almost 5 months later it is pretty apparent that the damage is not going to fix itself.

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Crashing sucks. Learning from it and coming back stronger is what will make you a better racer.

Congrats on your rookie season and see you at the banquet!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ductard View Post
    I also picked up some nuggets through work (at an ortho company).
    You mean "dispensary"

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    You mean "dispensary"
    I was talking about "nuggets of wisdom" -

Clean the bong resin out of your ears and listen up next time

"Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)