Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2016 LRRS Round 4 - Savvas Kosmidis #88

2016 LRRS Round 4 - Savvas Kosmidis #88

LRRS Round 4 - Savvas Kosmidis #88

I went into the weekend with very simple goals. Do the longest (in time) races, finish safe in the top 10 in everything.
    Loudon Road Race Series Round 4 which took place at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on July 23-24 also marks my last race weekend in the United States before making the trip to the Isle of Man for the 2016 Manx Grand Prix!

I arrived at the track early Thursday during the day. Parked the Ambulance-mobile and set up in the Souhegan Valley Motorsports Garage. The track was a ghost town. It must have been less than 20 people there. Visited my good friends at the Pirelli Garage and waited for more friends to show up. A decent dinner, with lots of laughs and that ended the day.

Friday:
    Friday was HOT! Very bright sun and high temps. I was instructing for Penguin Road Racing School and it was a great day. Helped a few people find more speed and feel more comfortable. Hydration was key and everyone seemed to listen as I remember ZERO RED FLAGS for the entire day. I personally consumed over 2 gallons of water before 5pm. another great dinner with some funny and fast guys and lots of laughs through out the night.

Saturday:
    Race day was finally here and I was signed up for the two longest days of the day, GTU the 25 minute mini endurance and the Dash for Cash-Middleweight Grand Prix 12lap, but mother nature and some incidents had other plans for us.

Race #3 - GTU
    I was gridded dead last since I have never done this race before. I got a solid start and went into T1 in 3rd place. As the race progressed I kept getting tired and passed. The race ended 5 minutes early due to red flag. I ended in a disappointing 6th place (very few entries in the race) with a best lap of 1:18.5

The rest of the day did not go as planned for anyone. Several red flags ended up giving us two long delays due to lack of ambulances at the track. Most of the people I know are fairly ok and have escaped serious danger. Hope you all heal up quick and return to the track even quicker!! at this point I must say a massive BRAVO to the EMT Staff and Corner Workers of LRRS. Insane heat, unreal amount of crashes and these guys handled everything professionally and with smiles on their faces. I was blessed enough to not meet with any of you during "work hours" this weekend but you sure picked up a lot of my friends! much love for the BEST in the business and never forget "WITHOUT THE CORNER MARSHALS THERE IS NO RACING"

and then mother nature decided to show us who the real boss is. With totally clear skies and sunshine the announcement came immediately after race #5 that racing is done for the day, a serious thunderstorm is approaching, all remaining races are moved to tomorrow and cut down to 6 lap sprints, take cover and secure all your objects. We followed the orders while laughing but within 10 minutes things were not funny any more. Canopies and trash cans ended up flying towards any directions, the smaller trailers moved and hit other parked vehicles (my ambulance was a victim of this), bikes tipped over and we witness a very quick but brutal thunderstorm. Track lost power but most made the best out of the situation with fires and gatherings!

Sunday:
    Man it was going to be a busy day for all! 7 races transferred over from Saturday plus the 14 regular Sunday races! Wise decision took place for all races to cut down to 6 laps with the exception of the Dash for Cash that would be 8 laps. Constant reminders for everyone to stay as hydrated as possible and the race day began!

Race #6 (from Saturday) Middleweight Grand Prix - Dash for Cash
    This was my first time ever participating in that race as well, so I was once again gridded dead last in the 4th row. Got a blah start and went into Turn 1 on the back of the pack. I battled with a few friends (Declan Fitzpatrick #242 & Chris Dove #123)for 8 laps and saw the checkered towards the end. No crazy improvement.
    Finished 9th with a best lap of 1:18.3

Race #2 (regular Sunday Schedule) - Heavyweight SuperBike
    I was gridded in first row all the way to right (best starting position). I had been practicing starts on the R6 all weekend and I had finally figured it out. Had a phenomenal start (my best one on this R6 ever) and took the hole-shot! Going into T1 in first place I kinda panicked since I didnt know what was happening behind, Scott Greenwood #4 sneaked right under me followed by Cole Hall #213. I tried to stick with them and made a mistake in T3 and Cory Hilderbrand #8 went by me as well. A few more mistakes during the race allowed some more competitors to sneak by me.
    I finished the race in 6th place with a best lap of 1:18.0

Race #7 - Unlimited SuperSport
    This was the race I was excited about because this is where I normally have my best performance on the R6 trying to battle the bigger bikes! I was gridded in first row all the way to the right, right next to Declan Fitzpatrick #242. We had an identical start and went into T1 right behind him. I spent the next 6 laps right on his tail but he was the better rider and didnt allow me to go by anywhere. I was very happy with my performance but I would be even happier with a podium finish. Declan 100% deserved it.
    I finished in 4th place with a best lap of 1:17.4

And this sums up my racing weekend for this round. I have a few more track & school days with Penguin RoadRacing School coming up and on August 15th I pack all my training, hopes & dreams and head over to the Isle of Man to compete in the 2016 Manx Grand Prix!
    I love my USA racing family, its an incredible and unique atmosphere and these people have provided with great competition, close racing and some of the greatest friends I could ever ask for. I am truly blessed to have met, compete, hung out and know all of you. I have learned a ton in the past 3 years and I hope my performance at the Isle makes you all proud. Huge thank you all who make racing in the USA and specifically in the Northeast a reality! All the track staff, EMTs, officials, racers and supporters.

Tons of love towards my amazing sponsors who are with me every step of the way in this crazy adventure:
    Souhegan Valley Motorsports & Scott Mullin, Nexx Helmets, Alessandro's Ristorante & Aris Dassoulas, Vesrah Brakes, Chain Wheel Moto & Jack & Ethan, Ace Cafe & George, Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Penguin RoadRacing School & Eric Wood, Spears Racing & Gregg Spears, Arcuri Moda Salon, Beauty Story by AK & my girlfriend Anna Kali, my brothers/mechanics/doctors/psychologists Gino Berrio & Panos Savvidis & Cole, Computrack Boston & Peter Kates, Alexander Academy and Phyllis, Steve's Automotive, MTAG Pirelli with Mike & Tony, and the entire Greek,American and Isle of Man communities for their constant support through various ways. Of course each one of you who support this dream in one way or another, with moral or monetary or really any type of support! Thank you all from my heart <3

Next race report coming from the Isle of Man!!!!

Take care,
    Sav

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by tsorfas; 07-26-16 at 05:34 PM.

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Re: 2016 LRRS Round 4 - Savvas Kosmidis #88

Great stuff Sav brother.

Enough with this tired sheite in 10 min. You need you faculties for over an hour!!!! maybe an iv of adrenalin is needed.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Awesome seeing you this weekend, even if it was only briefly. Didn't get a chance to swing up to the North Garages.

Looking forward to the Manx report.

Given heat was a huge factor this weekend, hydration before the event is key as well.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Quote Originally Posted by snwbrdr435 View Post
    Awesome seeing you this weekend, even if it was only briefly. Didn't get a chance to swing up to the North Garages.

Looking forward to the Manx report.

Given heat was a huge factor this weekend, hydration before the event is key as well.
    dam it. i missed you. (i was not up there) hows life?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Always great seeing you my brother

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!