Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

316 Wk 7

316 Wk 7

Saturday Practice - First practice was missed because I was trying to get the EX together and failed miserably. Second practice I felt ok, but wasn't really comfortable out there.

GTL - Grid was way back in the pack, just the way I like it. Got a good start and got up to 5th. Consistently ran 22's and 23's for 8 laps and then tucked the front in 1 and lowsided across the grass. Best lap of 22.395.

LWSB - Grid up with Pang, Kurtz, and Mike. Get a decent start but get caught on the inside in T1. I am stuck trying to get around Jane Kennedy and it just wasn't happening. Then on lap 3 Pang fails at passing and we connect in T10. It twists my right clipon on the fork tube and I slow down to 25's and 26's for the rest of the race. Finish in 8th.

Sunday Practice - I get to go out on Glenn's Superbike SV instead of the proddy SV. HOLY AWESOME! Wow is it ever nice to ride a bike with some power. Passing people under power on the front straight? HELL YEA! The thing feels great but I had promised not to crash it, so I took it kinda easy. Hit a 22 flat in 2nd practice, just narrowly escaping my pb by .1 seconds.

Larry Lap - Got stuck with the 3 wheeler. It wasn't running quite right yet, so to get into the higher RPM's you had to hold the throttle and choke wide open and get way off the thing in the corners. That thing was killer. Wonder if you can race it with the sidecars at the classic....

LWSS - In this race my main goal was to beat Brian Cooner. He had been doing a shit ton of smack talking so I had to shut him up, since this might be the last time I race him. I get a good start and in T1 I see Cooner and another bike make contact. I knew Cooner was easily gotten out of his groove so I knew he would now be off pace. I got right on his tail and was stalking him like a Cheetah in Zimbabwe. #106 Eric Johanson, who is normally out front, had his hang up in T8 entering T9. Cooner checked up, and I went right around the outside of him and took off. I got a good gap on him after a couple laps and just rode to a 3rd place finish with a best lap of 23.1.

Oh and thanks to Gino for the tow. I owe ya for my 3rd place man!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by csmutty; 09-09-10 at 07:33 AM.
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Re: 316 Wk 7

Holla. You looked faster on the 3 wheeler.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Oh wait, it wasn't you in 3 it was Ducati Michael with Alex's old number.

I don't know if I remember seeing you down in 1. Sounds like you need to buy an SV...

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

I'm going to second doc and say that you looked good out there. I wouldn't rule out ownership of an SV, sell the EX, buy and SV and race it with your tard.

Quote Originally Posted by jcbell1007 View Post
    I'm going to second doc and say that you looked good out there. I wouldn't rule out ownership of an SV, sell the EX, buy and SV and race it with your tard.
    Thanks guys. I only wish that 2 race bikes was within my budget.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!