Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

#319 Round 6, Slow on Track, Killing it in the Wheelie Contest

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

#319 Round 6, Slow on Track, Killing it in the Wheelie Contest

Cliff Notes: Rode slowly, overcame bike issues, lost races, won wheelie contest without a single decent wheelie.

Not the best of weekends for me. Had shifting issues Thursday and Friday that ended up being internal, huge thanks to Dana for finding the issue and fixing it, and Mike and Erin for all their help and moral support. Friday also came with carb issues, but I was able to fix those fairly quickly.

I'd say the highlight of Thursday and Friday was Eric wood passing me on the inside of T10, in a monster wheelie. It's in the video, of course.

Saturday the bike was fixed, but I wasn't. Missing shifts for 2 days solid messed up my riding, unsure if there was anything else going on but I wasn't feeling it. DFL in ptwin.

The wheelie contest was a BLAST. I knew I couldn't wheelie well, so I just showed up (on my SCOOTER/pit bike) with the intention of putting on a show. I did sit downs, stand ups, flipped backwards, highsided a couple times, and threw the bike at the crowd. Made the announcer jump out of my way, threw parts to the crowd, the works. It was a blast, I wish I had video.

Anyone that has any more pics of this, PLEASE post and/or let me know.

The Larry Lap was fun, I took Jess on the back of the race bike and my dad got to ride the track for the first time on my scooter. He had an absolute blast, and his reaction to the entire thing was AWESOME.

Sunday was a lot like Saturday, just couldn't hit my groove and rode poorly. Can't wait for the last round for another shot... I know I have some SERIOUS time in here. Plan to have the bike 100% and ride hard for the last round.

I didn't want to relive my riding, so this rounds video is just the hightlights of fun stuff, friends passing, and good clips.

Round 6 Compilation - YouTube

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by "Dangerous" Dan K; 09-15-11 at 03:00 PM.

Re: #319 Round 6, Slow on Track, Killing it in the Wheelie Contest

Cool highlights.

Wheelie contest was epic. My sincerest bestest wishes that you find your fast homie.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

Re: #319 Round 6, Slow on Track, Killing it in the Wheelie Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Cool highlights.

Wheelie contest was epic. My sincerest bestest wishes that you find your fast homie.
    TY Brother.

Fast is there. I even found it, I just had a hard time putting it back behind my bike. I've got this shit next round, 24's or a crash truck and whatnot. Appreciate your support, watch next time for the goods and me throwing that popsicle around like I should be. Last round is gonna be SICK! :shredder: