Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: #331

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    I don't doubt that you had this question come up once regarding you and another rider. I don't doubt that an LRRS official told you exactly what you've shared with us. I just don't think it was correct, and perpetuating this unauthorized precedent is misleading and could be dangerous to other racers. If the rules committee wants to draft in qualifying language to the "no passing is allowed under a waiving yellow" rule, they can do so in the next version of the rules in 2014. Until then, under no circumstances should a racer make a pass for position from the flag station displaying the waving yellow flag until they are past the incident.
    Well in that case, it would make sense to jack on the brakes when you see a waving yellow, riders will all go by as you putt around, they will all be docked a lap, and you'll win the race.

Extreme example, but you see my point. The rule as written does not convey the intent, I don't think.
    Quote Originally Posted by TTD View Post
    1 - If the waving flag is at Turn 5 - the top of the hill - you should definitely slow down more than normal as it is a blind hill. You have no idea if the crash is just over the hill - or down in Turn 6.
    Disagree... If a rider is down in the middle of the track over the blind hill, they should/would be waving the red flag, not the yellow flag.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

You guys are taking this to ilogical conclusions
    How it works.
    Corner worker calls in a passing under waving yellow and rider(s) number recordeded.
    Referee then talks to rider for input and may even go back to corner workers for further clarification.
    Then makes a decision.
    Results are not final until after an officals meeting Monday night so there's ample time for followup and discussions with all

Last edited by xsiliconkid; 09-18-13 at 08:41 AM.
    Graham
    "If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee — that will do them in"

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    Well in that case, it would make sense to jack on the brakes when you see a waving yellow, riders will all go by as you putt around, they will all be docked a lap, and you'll win the race.

Extreme example, but you see my point. The rule as written does not convey the intent, I don't think.
    As long as we are playing extreme hypotheticals, I respectfully submit that a rider engaging in that sort of conduct would likely not win the race, but rather be shown the meat ball flag and fall within the purview of Rule 14.2.6:

Black Flag with an orange circle (the meat ball flag): This flag may be used for any situation other than a safety violation.

The rider should complete the current lap and report directly to an official on pit road.

The flag will be used whenever the Starter or Course Marshall decides that the rider needs a talking to or to advise him that he or she will be disqualified.

John
    CCS/LRRS Expert #69
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2004
    "Speed has a kind of affinity for me, it's the time God and I have our little talks."

Quote Originally Posted by xsiliconkid View Post
    Results are not final until after an officals meeting Monday night so there's ample time for followup and discussions with all
    Interesting, I thought once they were no longer stamped 'preliminary' on the windows the protest/discussion window had closed? Good to know.

Anyways, doesn't matter, I'm not racing now.

Point is, if someone backs off a significant amount, I don't think a large effort should have to be made to avoid passing them. I don't think you should TRY to pass anyone under a waving yellow, obviously.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

You both did better than me at least lol

CCS #31

Learned a lot in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Learned a lot in this thread
    if you're gonna crash do it on the last lap before being lapped while everyone behind you has been lapped. that way you don't have to do another lap but you get to keep your position.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose since this is a race report I'll mention I had my best ever Amateur finish. 2nd in GTU

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

First of all Brett, I hope you had fun racing :-p

Quote Originally Posted by TTD View Post
    2 - I was on the straight a lot this last race weekend and was amazed at how long it took for riders coming down the straight to see a waving RED in Turn one. Many riders were still in a full tuck going past start/finish - even though the flag was out when they came onto the straight. Tunnel vision is a bad thing to have when racing.
    I cant even see turn 1 until the S/F line :-p

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    hey Sam how does it feel to know I still beat you in HWSS even after I crashed?
    Shortest report ever posted. I have not read the rest yet. I will make a pot of coffee for that.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PainfullySlow View Post
    First of all Brett, I hope you had fun racing :-p

I cant even see turn 1 until the S/F line :-p
    I had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    Disagree... If a rider is down in the middle of the track over the blind hill, they should/would be waving the red flag, not the yellow flag.
    Most crashes go to a Yellow flag first, so even if it ends up being a Red - there is usually a period of time that riders will go past the yellow.

My point was simply to get people to not assume a waving yellow in 5 means a crash in 6. Or more generally - if you see a waving yellow and don't see the incident - you should be hyper aware and bring your speed to a level that you can deal with virtually anything that's around the corner/hill, etc.

Better to lose a spot - or a lead - than the alternative. We all need to remember that in the end we're racing for a $5 medal that won't mean a thing a day/week/year later.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    if you're gonna crash do it on the last lap before being lapped while everyone behind you has been lapped. that way you don't have to do another lap but you get to keep your position.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose since this is a race report I'll mention I had my best ever Amateur finish. 2nd in GTU
    Your welcome

LRRS #387

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke387 View Post
    Your welcome
    haha thanks but I was gonna pass you in T6/7 anyway

we both need to thank Dan for throwing away first place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12