Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

#345 Round 1 Report

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

#345 Round 1 Report

Had a great weekend back at New Hampshire Motor Speedway for the Loudon Road Race Series!! I went into the weekend preregistered for 3 races, 1 on sat and 2 on sun. After a slow but successful day of practice on friday to shake the rust off I woke up sat and checked the weather and decided to drop that days race. Rain and 40 deg temps seemed pretty sketchy and not how I wanted to start the season. I spent the day spectating and helping other riders swap tires and with warmers etc. Sat nights barbecue hosted and organized by the Butlers went really well and huge thanks.

Sunday was a bit warmer and dryer and I was ready to go out there and show the track what for. My first race started a bit iffy and went into T1 in 5th or 6th place but came out of T2 in 2nd! iIn the first lap I had a big rear end slide in T6 that slowed me down and opened a gap between me and the guy in first that I figured was just due to a cold track. Fast forward to the 2nd to last lap and I had managed to make up the gap and catch up to 1st place and made the pass for the lead going into T1 of the last lap and managed to hold it all the way to the finish for my first win of the season in my first race of the season! It was to be short lived however because once I got back to the garage I found that the plastic gear indicator sensor had cracked and allowed some oil to seem out and onto my rear tire, hence the rear slides were not due to a cold track after all. My practically new Pirelli rear tire had to be trashed and had to get a new one Thanks to Mike Kurtz and MTAG for the quick swap. However noone at the track had a replacement part I could use so I was forced to drop my second race of the day. Starting the season off at 1 and 1 Ill take and cant wait to head back in May with hopefully better weather, a bike that will get me to the end and a thirst for blood coming off of a hell of a win!!

Thanks to my entire LRRS family and sponsors LionHeart Moto, Woodcraft Cfm, Armour Bodies and my Teammates of Boston Tier 1 Racing See you all in May!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Re: #345 Round 1 Report

So happy for you Brian, wish I could have been out there with you. What a way to start the year.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Ducati/MV Agusta/Kawasaki/Beta
    Boston Tier 1 Racing/ Fishtail Instructor
    DP Brakes Northeast Road Racing Representative

Nice report. Question: Could you have cleaned up that tire with some paint thinner?

there was no cleaning up that tire and saving it...

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Congrats on surviving the first weekend and again I am sorry about your trouble with the gear indicator. I will know if I have a replacement for you on the 9th when I get back to CT.

Dont worry about it Mike. Its all good already found a replacement for that on Ebay and as a matter of fact itll be waiting on my doorstep when I get home from work today.

It was fun to watch you out there! Not ideal conditions for the first weekend, but hopefully the season will get better!

And that girlfriend of yours is pretty sweet too.....I missed her name in your write up

You can take the girl outta Jersey.....

USCRA #75
    Street- 03 Suzuki SV650
    Track- 71 Honda CB350

Thanks for helping me out all weekend. See you in a little over a week!