Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

#473 Round 6 Race Report

#473 Round 6 Race Report

Friday: Practice went well, felt good on the bike, got some good clean laps in. Uneventful day overall, got some good experience riding on a almost cooked tire which gave me some throttle control training.

Saturday: Got a new front and rear put on and felt great in the first practice. Second practice comes around and i felt really confident about the races for the day. Made it through T6 of probably my 3rd lap of practice, took a good line into T7 and was carrying good speed through T8 hard on the gas. I think I got lazy and didn't get off the seat enough and took to much lean into T8, the bike washes out and I go down at the apex of T8, proceed to slide down the track and go go through the gravel trap in 9 and end up laying face down back in the middle of the track between T9-T10. I gather myself and walk towards the ambulance before realizing my bike is probably destroyed because it was a really fast fall, sure enough my bodywork literally covered the entire track and nothing was left on the bike. Found out after my bike took out Cole Hall who was right behind me and couldn't avoid the debris which covered the whole track (sorry Cole). Escaped with a minor hand fracture and a dislocated thumb. My bike wasn't so lucky, everyone probably saw it sitting in tech against the wall during the riders meeting. Unfortunately its a 4 week recovery so I'll be out for round 7 and I can start putting the bike together once my hand works. Thanks to everyone who helped especially the medical staff and corner workers who hauled my bike away with the crane and my garage mates (Colin, Ryan, Chris, Pete, and Jason) who helped pack everything up.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS EX #473
    Thanks to my 2017 sponsors: Dunlop, Sidi, Woodcraft, Bell

Re: #473 Round 6 Race Report

Heal up quick. Still amazed by how badly you destroyed that rear wheel.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I don't think we've met, but I know your garage mates, and I'm sorry. For your unfortunate crash I mean.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Lifer

Heal up man. Fix the bike. Sounds like you have all winter to do it right.

We are now 6 for 6 with C8'ers crashing on a race weekend. Considering we started the year with 5 riders in that garage, this has to be some sort of record.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Heal up man. Fix the bike. Sounds like you have all winter to do it right.

We are now 6 for 6 with C8'ers crashing on a race weekend. Considering we started the year with 5 riders in that garage, this has to be some sort of record.
    Seems like almost every team/garage is x for x!