Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

#508 Olympus Racing 2013 Season Recap

#508 Olympus Racing 2013 Season Recap

I cant even begin to type this. I have been thinking about it the entire way home today and i couldnt sleep last night because of it.
    April seems like yesterday, that i was loading up the ambulance for the first time this year.
    Last year my life was upside for reasons that some of you know, which forced me to stay away from racing.
    I promised myself that i will do every single Round this year no matter what comes my way.
    At the end of the season Degsy convinced me to buy a Honda Hawk in order to enter LRRS and learn corner speed and keep my overall racing cost as low as possible.
    During the months of March and April Degs helped me get the bike together and ready for racing. (Brett thank you for the brake lines)
    Throughout the winter I managed to get some decent sponsors that helped me get ready and do racing as i wanted to.

First race weekend I arrived at the track on Thursday night and i was going to garage at 22G with Bob P and some other great people.
    Bob has helped more than he had to and i could tell he was actually happy to see me progress this year. From letting me borrow stands to constant advice and support!
    My bike was still not 100%. the bodywork was not mounted and I needed new tires and some adjustments.
    Bike was rolled to the RSP and ECK garages where all these great guys stayed up with me until 3am not just helping me getting the bike ready but also teach me how to do some stuff on my own. I could not do anything alone. I learned how to safety wire and take my wheels off that night!
    it seems so funny and far right now but it also feels like yesterday.

My best time that weekend was 1:30.1

I am not going to go through every single weekend. There was a lot of amazing moments and I legit met people that I am so thankful to God for bringing them into my life. I bothered a lot of people with constant questions and advice. But everyone was always happy to help.
    I was invited to the RSP garage at round 3 since we were doing the Endurance race together and I couldnt be happier to be with those guys every following weekend. The endurance race was the most fun I have ever had on a motorcycle! such an amazing experience. I already cannot wait for next year's. The entire RSP crew helped several times setting the bike, fixing things and tons of racing advice. Mike W trusted me with his amazing SV which to me means so much. Kurtz legit held my hand through this entire year on and off the track. I made an amazing friend who will last a lifetime!
    Tony spent a very good amount of time working on my bike with when needed and even more time drinking and sharing laughs with me.
    Eric has been amazing help in the pits this entire year. John and Gino were always there when I needed advice to get faster or even some parts for the hawk. John even took the time in p89 last weekend to give me a tow and help me try some new things.
    My cupcake, Christian, was there every single step of the way. with bike help, racing advice and most important constant motivation and mental support!

Every friday that I left work to head to the track it felt like I was going HOME! I cannot describe the feeling coming out of the tunnel into the infield every race weekend. I guess the closest example would be a little kid going to Disney for the first time. Adam's family has been great to me this entire year. His cookouts will always be my favorite! His wife is the sweetest and his daughter is AMAZING! and thank you so much for bringing the SV down for me
    Marco has given me one of the greatest gifts i have ever received in my life. He captured all those amazing moments we shared this year and he did it better than anyone ever could. Also an amazing friend that I cannot imagine losing contact with!

I cannot stop thanking all of you. Not only you accepted me and my weird ass personality combined with my accent that most of you couldnt even understand on Round 1 but also my family and whoever came up to support my racing. I legit cant help but get emotional thinking what I lived this year. Even when things got rough in my life and I was so close to quitting, you guys (Kurtz mostly) did not let me and I will forever be grateful. I am committing to next year with double the passion I started this year.

The numbers dont really matter to the level of competition that we race (well it isnt Moto GP is it?) but Josh Kurlon provided me some of the greatest battles I have ever experienced on the racetrack and it made me understand what racing really feels like. I owe you 99% of the times I broke my personal best (and the ability to plug my tire warmers in since I borrowed an extension cable half the season from you).
    I thought I did my best time for the year during Round 6 with 1:23.3
    Well this weekend I was a bit more aggressive and a lot more relaxed. The amazing energy in our garage and the fact the rain held of pushed me to a 1:22 on my Hawk (the bike is FOR SALE) and that was the best way for me to end the season

So after bumping I started Round 3 as an AM and ended with the following results:
    Best lap @ 1:22
    AM GTL: 14th
    AM P89: 2nd
    AM ULSB: 6th
    AM Thunderbike:5th
    ASRA Thunderbike: 2nd

2 Thank Yous left:
    one to all my sponsors who made this financially possible: AT&T Mobility, Alexander Academy, Above the Influence, Yoshimura USA, Braking, Niko's Pizza & Restaurant, RCM Services, Gallios, Salus Capital Partners and MTAG

and last but not least the amazing track staff and corner workers for keeping us all safe the entire year. I managed to not visit any hospitals or get any ambulance rides (besides the one I own) and it would have not been possible without all of you. My favorite ones of Course, Rob & Keira (and the new addition to family Kalipso), Jess and Guest Star Corner Worker Christian "cupcake" Smutnick.

I hope y'all have a great winter and stay safe! May God (or whatever and whoever you believe in) keeps you happy and healthy.

Sav

P.s. i know I am forgetting some people, but its late and I am tired, and we talked in person anyways...

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: #508 Olympus Racing 2013 Season Recap

oh and i almost forgot.
    My Round 7 was dedicated a friend of mine who lives in Sweden was diagnosed with endometriosis. One of the most fucked up deceases I have heard of.
    I had no idea what it was until she told me and i did some research of mine.
    That should explain the shirt I was wearing over my leathers during the races on Saturday. It wasnt a lost bet or a joke.
    Just my small part to make someone who suffers smile and inform more people about this.
    Front of the shirt had her name on "EVELINA", her Instagram Screename #asemaskouklitsamoy and the Greek flag.
    The back just the name of the decease "endometriosis" and F*ck Endo on the top.
    I hope it made her a bit better and if you know someone who suffers from the same thing feel free to share the YouTube clip with them, maybe it ll put a smile on their face for a few seconds as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM8VdvKkZmg

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

You did an awesome job this season Savas! You've come a long way and you have a bright racing future. It's been a pleasure racing with you!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Nice job buddy. Proud of ya!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Had a ball battling with you, you claim I pushed you to better times, truth is you did the same to me by keeping the heat on. This weekend you were on fire though and I couldn't match you, nicely done!

Meeting you was certainly one of the highlights of my season, Sav! You did great this season - I can't wait to see what next year brings.

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

great rookie season.