Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Spent Friday helping Miles at Street & Comp. Then had a good Friday night with helping Laureen get ready for her RR. Not a single broken drill bit and she went right through tech.
    Saturday: Practice was okay. Then in LWGP I was leading after a hole shot. The eventual winner then flew by me. I was running a second then diced with 107 a lap or two. He got by me in lap 3. While following him I tested the brakes on him in the bowl and T1 and my plan was that I would catch and pass him in the bowl with the brakes on the last lap. Then I watched 107 hand me second sliding out in T12 on lap 7. Went by the white flag and backed off to cruise to a second place.
    Sunday: Practice was better. GTU. More holeshot. With a long wheelie. But Stu beat me to T1 and really disappeared fast. Then a couple more passed me and then a red flag. Restart with a good holeshot propelled me into the middle of the GTO. But so was 2 others from my class in front of me. (Stu stalled on the grid.) So a pack of about six bikes were running in front with me sixth. Every lap they outmotored me down the straight. I would not touch the brakes till the 2 board then gain some more back in the bowl then by T12 I would be a bike length back only to get out motored again. Realizing I am never gonna get around these high HP bikes I just backed off and took a third while setting a PB.
    Summary: I am rather dissapointed with my racing this year. Early in the year I pulled some bad moves. Started off awesome with a win then all downhill from there. I need to do the 2 day school. I am in a "can't figure out how to get fast" rut.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: 517

Congrtas Man....nice meeting U

Rockin' the West Coast... Femmekat's Avatar

Congrats on the PB! And thank you again for all of your help.... Those tire warmers will be well loved

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    I dunno, you dress too fashionably to be a communist
    LRRS Novice #629
    I ride/drive:
    2000 Yamaha R6
    1996 F-350 4x4 diesel truck
    and anything else with serious hp

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Looked good out there, Mike. Ruts can be broken. Maybe the 2-day advanced school is it.

Thanks SO much for all the help and with the use of your ramps.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Good Job Mike...

Mike, for me a PB makes the whole weekend. It means the fast is there. Do the 2 day school. Let Eric watch you around the track. Write down every word he says. I did the 2 day school in April before the first round and my PB is down 8 seconds since then. It's information overload from the school at first, but almost every weekend I say to myself "oh, that's what he meant".

Did you read femmekat's race report. It's full of win.

Oh yeah, and get a faster bike.

LRRS/CCS AM 636

Good job on the PB Mike. You shouldn't be disappointed with your season, you're leading the novice LWGP championship!

See you in October?

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

It was fun racing with you man. First time I've run against a 250 and man was that an eye opener. I didn't realize you were on a 250 until we hit the back straight and you took off quicker than I expected.