Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

#7 LRRS 2015 Round 2

#7 LRRS 2015 Round 2

Nothing too dramatic this round but I enjoy reading other people's reports so I feel I need to share my experiences too.

Friday practice started off pretty blah. I wasn't feeling it for the first three rounds but by the afternoon I was having a blast after some close competition. The day wrapped up with an excellent session with lots of open track and me basically chasing Bill Morey the whole time. Saturday practice was fine. Nothing notable except the rain held off until just after our practice.

P-89 Lights
    I launched later than almost everyone else but finally had a good hard launch. I've really been trying to work on my starts this year. I made up a lot of space by staying on the gas longer than usual and squirted into first place going into turn 1. I held that for the rest of the race.

Ultralight Superbike
    Another better than average (for me) launch but a lot more competition going into one. I fought hard through the first few corners and by the end of the lap was in fourth place. I was stuck behind Eric Shaw and had a bitch of a time getting past him for a couple laps. The whole time I could see Francois Dumas slowly creeping away from us. When I finally snuck past Shaw I pushed hard but just couldn't reel in Dumas. I felt sloppy, missing apex's and markers almost every lap. During one of the latter laps I dragged my left footpeg for a significant distance in turn 1. That was more than a bit unsettling. Despite the poor form I was happy with the third place finish and pleased to find out that I was almost back to my pace from last year. No 19's yet this year but most of my laps were in the 20's with a low of 1:20.303. I have a long way to go if I'm going to try to catch a tow from Jake.

The close racing was fun and spending time off track with my family was awesome. I had a good relaxing weekend with my LDR family. This weekend left me looking forward to next round!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Re: #7 LRRS 2015 Round 2

LDR planning on attending the endurance race?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Not that I'm aware of

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Nice job man! You'll be in 19's for the classic for sure!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

tick tock. Get on that horse!!

great to hear Johnnie. you'll get there soon enough. You just need some clear track

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers