Alright, the time had come for the largest LRRS race weekend of the season. The last few years I’ve paired up with Marcus Poisson on a borrowed modern sidecar but they didn’t make the schedule. Oh well, I figured no sidecars for me this year. As it turned out Jake Vader hurt himself in practice and Bob Balla was looking for a replacement monkey on his vintage BMW hack.

Sidecar practice went OK. Vintage is very different than modern from the shape of the sidecar to the side that the sidecar is on (right) to the way the rig is driven. LOTS of drifting. Bob was an awesome driver and tolerated my learning curve. We ended up taking second place in our race on Friday.

The endurance race was awesome. Bill Morey let us run his Hawk. Chris Woodman, Kris Hopkins, Bill and I came home with a solid victory in the P-89 class. Well done guys and I was pumped to see how excited Bill was to have his first expert Classic trophy!

Bob’s sidecar rig popped something with its final drive during the warmup lap on Saturday so we didn’t get to race.

Sunday morning was pouring rain for practices but had cleared up by race time. Jim Laura(?) had a beat up monkey so I ended up monkeying for him. Apparently I’m a hoar monkey. Monkey hoar? I dunno. Anyway it was fun trying out another similar but different rig. We managed to pull off a third place finish but instead of heading to the winners circle with him there were other plans. Joel Robie had my bike waiting for me on the grid to run P-89. I threw on my knee pucks, jumped on the bike and was the last one leaving pregrid. Bill Morey had bike troubles so it made for a fairly easy win for me.

Ultralight Superbike was the race of the weekend for me (as usual). I had a decent start and went into turn 1 in fourth. I pushed my way past 67, Jay Cav on the first lap and 85 Andy Hull on lap 3. WTF, Adam Clark is still leading? I thought he was hurt and sore? Time to make something happen here. I closed the gap on him but we caught up to traffic a few times and both got held up working our way through it. I knew Andy was on my ass and I really wanted to finish ahead of him. If I didn’t pass Adam I figured Andy was going to pass me. Just after the white flag I snuck past Adam in 1a and held on for the win.

A huge thanks to the sidecar drivers that let me monkey for them. It was a great experience! To my brothers at Low Down Racing, I love you guys (and girls). Thanks for all the support. Of course props to my sponsors, Woodcraft, Computrack Boston and Armour Bodies as well as Pirelli tires. I couldn’t do this without you!