Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

728 round 2 2019

728 round 2 2019

Hi race fans, round 2 is in the books. The weather was cooler than expected, but DRY for a change.

Saturday practice was uneventful. Lined up for gtu. On the grid they let us know we would launch in the same wave as gto I got the perfect launch and passed 3 rows of bikes down into t1 slotting into second overall but first in my class. Scottie g came by on lap 2 followed by Alex guilbault on lap 3, but going into t11 my bike shut off and i coasted into the pits. Dnf and thought my weekend might be over.

After much digging we decided to unplug the bazaaz system and see if it would start. Boom! That was it. Well, i now had stock fuel mapping and no quick shifter, but i could line up for the dash.

I revved my bike and waited for the lights to go out. I must have counted too fast because i released the clutch too early! I caught it, and then launched with the light. I hung a perfect low wheelie of the line and slotted into 2nd in t1. I got zapped quickly by alex and ricky, but put my head down and stayed in 4th til the checkers. Kerry was giving me the signal for someone close on my tail, so i never eased up. This would prove important as i was given a ten second penalty. But i finished 10.6 seconds ahead of 5th, so i kept my 4th place!

Ok. Sunday was a lot smoother. In f40 i got a killer launch and managed to stay in touch with scottie for 2 full laps. Then we caught the back of the 3rd wave of riders and i couldn't move through the heavy traffic nearly as fast as scott. I did drop a 1:14 lap though, so a 2nd and mission accomplished despite a bone stock motorcycle.

Big thanks to Peter Kates for dialing in my forks, woodcraft, mtag pirelli, Kerry Smith, Geoffrey bonard, jerry randal, brian faucher, chuck, and everyone else who helped out. On to the classic!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Re: 728 round 2 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    I did drop a 1:14 lap though, so a 2nd and mission accomplished despite a bone stock motorcycle.
    Meant to come in here awhile ago and say congrats! Fun watching you out there starting to give these guys another challenger.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!