Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

728 Round 7 and Season in review

728 Round 7 and Season in review

Ok race fans, that's a wrap on 2019, my second season back at LRRS. The final round has always been a mixed bag of feelings for me and this year was no exception.

The good: I did what I needed to do to secure 2nd place for that season in both GTU and Formula 40 Middleweight and 5th in the Dash for Cash. The bad: I wasn't able to meet the goal I had set for myself or really ride quite as well as I know I can. But patience. It will come.
    GTU was run in glorious sunshine after a frosty morning. I got a great start and held on to 2nd place for 5 laps or so. Once Alex Guilbeault came by, I settled in for a third place finish on two wheels to secure second place on the season. There were some tough conditions this year. Cold, rain, heat, all of it. My consistency and fitness was key.

Dash: Sun setting, cold shadows on the track. I got another good launch and slotted into 6th in T1. I slid past Danny Weems when he ran wide, and was just able to hold him off. He made a hail mary attempt to go around the outside of T1 on the last lap, but he lost the front. I was able to avoid him and finish 5th for the day and 5th for the season. This is a tough class, and I'm happy with that...for now.
    F40MW: Last race of the year. Cloudy and cold. I got the launch of my life. My stomach dropped from the acceleration off the line and I knew all I had to do was hold the throttle open to the end of the wall to take the holeshot and lead into T1. Woot! It felt good to lead until T10/11, but I knew Scott Greenwood was coming. I rode steady for 2nd place.

I have to thank everyone who helps make this possible. First and foremost my partner Kerry Smith. From tire swaps, to solid coaching, and yes, an occasional sandwich She makes it easy to be here.

Peter Kates from GMD Computrack Boston sets up my bike, coaches me when I'm struggling, and jumps in to help after a crash or when I miss something preparing the bike. I couldn't be here without him.

Mike Kurtz from MTAG Pirelli. Quickest tire swaps in the west... errr east and super sticky rubber.
    Special thanks to Jerry Randall from Valley Motorsports for all the support and occasional parts when I forget to buy them back home.

Jessie Sandoz and Adam Kells at Seacoast Sport Cycle for keeping me safe in the Astars Techair airbag system and other gear.

Martin Hanlon and Arcy Kusari for the incredible photography.

Kris Hopkins, Tom Welch, Jim Folan, and Geoffrey Bonnard for all the freindship and support in the garage and beyond.
    Tony Iannarelli and the whole TTD crew for supporting my career from the very beginning. See you in North Carolina!!!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Re: 728 Round 7 and Season in review

Can't believe the season at Loudon is over already, Goes by so quick. Awesome watching you fast guys rip around that place, It blows my mind. Nice job dude

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1991 View Post
    Can't believe the season at Loudon is over already, Goes by so quick. Awesome watching you fast guys rip around that place, It blows my mind. Nice job dude
    Thanks man. I don't know your real name, are you out there racing?

Paul_E_D

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Congratulations Paul, the Mid Wt is surely no joke. HUGE Props for doing what you have done!

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Woot! 728 Round 7 and Season in review-83119997-lrrs-shp-20191005111230-rider728

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

hope that was for the new book Riding in the Wheelie ZONE. a LRRS special. LOL

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Nice job this season! it went to fast.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube