Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

#763 Aug 21-22 Rookie Weekend

Re: #763 Aug 21-22 Rookie Weekend

Paul, thanks again for more great advice. Why 400ml instead of the recommend 500ml (or the 1000ml Pittenger might suggest)?

Dan, don't worry about thread-jacking as long as you are building interest for the 125GP class! As for you choice of next bike, go for the 125. If you decide to go with the SV, you'll just be partially satisfied and will always be fantasizing about the 125 when riding the SV... Oh, and you will regret not being on a 125 when I eventually blow by you on Saturday's race 8!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rolker View Post
    Paul, thanks again for more great advice. Why 400ml instead of the recommend 500ml (or the 1000ml Pittenger might suggest)?

Dan, don't worry about thread-jacking as long as you are building interest for the 125GP class! As for you choice of next bike, go for the 125. If you decide to go with the SV, you'll just be partially satisfied and will always be fantasizing about the 125 when riding the SV... Oh, and you will regret not being on a 125 when I eventually blow by you on Saturday's race 8!
    Thanks dude! I already started the other thread though, as to not threadjack your race report. Come join in! http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...-bunch-qs.html

As for blowing by me in race 8, it may be closer than you think. Your times are a way off now, but you're faster now than I was my rookie race weekend earlier this year. You've also got much more experience, I'd never done a TD when I started racing. I've only done 1 to date, actually. A couple races to get used to the "race" mentality without the TD rules and I expect you'll be running quite a bit faster racing than you did @ the TD's. You were 7 seconds off me this weekend, but your TD PB is only 3 seconds and a little change off my PB. Get out of TD mentality and used to racing and you'll drop those 3 like nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by "Dangerous" Dan K View Post
    A couple races to get used to the "race" mentality without the TD rules and I expect you'll be running quite a bit faster racing than you did @ the TD's. You were 7 seconds off me this weekend, but your TD PB is only 3 seconds and a little change off my PB. Get out of TD mentality and used to racing and you'll drop those 3 like nothing.
    I don't think the TD mentality affected me as much as I expected this weekend. I actually enjoyed passing people during the race school in areas that used to be "illegal" to me. Of course I was passing people much slower than me, so I have yet to see how good I'll do with passing someone running at about my pace.

Beating my PB was not a primary goal for me this weekend. Survival was my number one goal. During the race school, I was riding conservatively because I was surrounded by many riders who had not been on the track before that day. The rookie race, I just needed to survive it, and during my first real race, the rain drops had a psychological effect on me even if the track didn't get wet.

Next round, beating my PB will have a higher priority as well as learning "racecraft" and shedding the TD mentality.

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

I don't think the TD mentality affected me as much as I expected this weekend. I actually enjoyed passing people during the race school in areas that used to be "illegal" to me. Of course I was passing people much slower than me, so I have yet to see how good I'll do with passing someone running at about my pace.

Beating my PB was not a primary goal for me this weekend. Survival was my number one goal. During the race school, I was riding conservatively because I was surrounded by many riders who had not been on the track before that day. The rookie race, I just needed to survive it, and during my first real race, the rain drops had a psychological effect on me even if the track didn't get wet.

Next round, beating my PB will have a higher priority as well as learning "racecraft" and shedding the TD mentality.
    Awesome! I'll enjoy following your progress, and dicing with you when you catch up. We gotta find each other next weekend.

Oh, it's a new high tech font that comes out differently every time it is used!
    I dont care what anyone else thinks - this reply is more clever than all that GPS mumbojumbo.

Are you laughing because its pink? Thats awesome because it makes me laugh too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12