Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

#771 - 2013 is done

#771 - 2013 is done

Round 7 really wasn't that eventful of a round. Entered 3 races, skipped one as I didn't think I'd have the stamina for back to backs given how winded I was from the morning's GTL. 5th in GTL, 8th in ULSB, just didn't have in in me to head out for LWGP. I've settled into consistent 24s this round, which feels like I've moved forwards and backwards at the same time. Two events prior I dropped a flyer 22, last event I strung together a few 23s in two races but also ran 25s and 26s. For some reason this round I just locked into low 24s and that was all I could do, practice or race. Consistency is good, I just wish it wasn't consistently slower than I've run before. With others around me improving from last week it meant I didn't get to visit the podium this time around. I need to sort my ergos and gear out as I'm finding my lower thighs are pumping up, especially during the GTL. I can actually feel it trying to stretch my leathers above the knees, eventually it gets to the point that after I move my foot forward to shift, I have a hard time getting it back so I'm on the balls of my feet in the turns. Instead I'm on the heel or arch trying to keep from dragging foot while also hanging off and pointing my knee, it doesn't work. Looser leathers may be in order, might also look at switching to Woodcraft rearsets which lower the pegs compared to the UK ones I have, or raising the seat pad slightly?

For the year, having only run 5 out of 7 weekends, and two of them on suspension that wasn't even in the ballpark, I'm pretty pleased with a 5th overall in AM ULSB, the one class I built the bike for and really want to try and contest. I had delusions of bumping to Expert by the end of the year but my program wasn't as together as it needed to be to make that happen. It's very clear that I need more track time, and to be useful track time I need to be working with someone rather than duffing around on my own.

The good news, I've got a solid platform to tackle 2014 with. These last two rounds A-ko has been a solid, sorted machine. The only time I worked on her was at night to drain the gas. The only times I got into my toolbox was to find stuff for friends. Post season, I just need to change the oil, flush the water with coolant, and check the valves if I'm feeling particularly nosey. This is the polar opposite of every machine I've overbuilt into oblivion and it still seems odd to me.

Hanging in the garage with Dana and then later on Scott, Dan and the rest of the FTF crew has been awesome. Easy going teammates who are right there when you need a hand, and also right there with a good natured jab when appropriate makes for awesome racing. Being around the ECK / RSP / Northern Racing / Seacoast crews just adds to the ambiance, although I learned more about Jimmy Saturday night than I think I needed... seeing him literally brought to tears and unable to speak or breathe by his wife(?) was hysterical. I'm going to have fun with that knowledge next year when he's holding my wave back at the start.

As always, it's awesome to see the LRRS family at work when one of our own has a setback. Unfortunately it happened to be one of my new friends that got bit by the track but everyone stepped up hugely to help them out. I'm constantly reminded of why I claim this is by far the best competitive community out there, you've all reinforced that once again this weekend.

I'm hoping to have my act together better for 2014, I will be showing up with a bike that's ready to go, proper spares, and who knows, maybe I can actually chase a little sponsorship to help add to the fun? I'll also be budgeting for more school/track time as I really want to push back into the 22s and below, A-ko is more than capable, just gotta get the monkey to play along. As much as I don't want to admit it, fitness will be a part of the program as well, seems my metabolism isn't what it used to be and I shouldn't be getting as tired as I am out there if I want to play with the big boys.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Dana progress to orange plates as well as catching her saying the wrongs things at the right times again.

Savas, I will be a thorn in your side again soon... your new SV isn't going to let you get away that easily.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: #771 - 2013 is done

Josh! What can I say? Can it be April 2014 already?
    Lets gooooo!!! So much fun racing and spending time in the pits with you
    We deserved some national coverage for round 6 battles hahaha

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I'm waiting for George Lucas and Michael Bay to get together on the movie retelling of that race. It's going to be explosions, CG aliens and blast waves everywhere and still won't be as epic as the actual battle we had.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    I'm waiting for George Lucas and Michael Bay to get together on the movie retelling of that race. It's going to be explosions, CG aliens and blast waves everywhere and still won't be as epic as the actual battle we had.
    Hey Josh
    Thanks for getting my battery fully charged so i could race and get my personal best times,
    Rich

916 Ducati ,BMW1000RR
    748 Race , 749S Race,Panigale1199 Tricolore .LRRS271/AHRMA 273

No worries! We don't let silly things like dead batteries slow us down around here.

And congrats BTW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJhenakkSJ0

It's not the epic battle Savas and I want, but it's what I've got.