Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

771 Racing - Royal Flush

Re: 771 Racing - Royal Flush

LRRS rules show options for when an AM can request a bump early, and note that LRRS officials can administratively bump an AM, but also an AM at that point can request to stay with yellow plates until the end of the year but may become ineligible for ROTY if they do so. Nothing about auto-bumping. Also interesting to note they list thresholds for LW to UL classes for early bumpage, as well as PTwins (doesn't exist) and P89, but not UL?

There are also restrictions on the overall AM awards, basically it's a one and done deal it looks like so... yeah, why stay an AM after winning a championship?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Yknot View Post
    That is interesting. It was not presented to me as an option. I guess there are other factors that are considered. I am really surprised that they would allow that to happen, but I dont know all the details.
    but you belong in EX. the guys I mentioned Frenchy I'd say was on the bubble for times but Rick should have went and I'm gonna give him crap for it at the Classic if I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post

There are also restrictions on the overall AM awards, basically it's a one and done deal it looks like so... yeah, why stay an AM after winning a championship?
    there's restrictions for winning a championship? or do you just mean the restrictions for the overall points payout?

and Josh BUMP

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    there's restrictions for winning a championship? or do you just mean the restrictions for the overall points payout?
    Overall payout / award.

Josh, Rick, and Donaldson, BUMP already! Give the rest of us a fighting chance for crying out loud! Or stay and tow me around for the rest of the season, I could use it.

I think they look at championships but along with laptimes and competition. I.e. you won an am championship but in a class with only a couple bikes and you're slow, they aren't going to force you to bump. You won a championship by a couple points but aren't doing expert times, they won't force you.

Or even frenchy, he was on the edge there with 18s and throwing down a couple 17s once but more consistently 18-19... they didn't force him. He didn't want to be coming in last or second to last in expert with the top guys doing 10s and 11s and I understand that.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Overall payout / award.
    that's what I thought you meant. I didn't get any money last year cause I got money the year before. I disagree with that rule cause it wasn't like I was sandbagging, I just did enough races to get enough points to make the top 10.

I think the only recognized the 1 top AM at the banquet last year. I could be wrong.

They gave awards to the top 3 EX in every class. And they gave an award to the top AM in almost every class (can't remember which classes were excluded). They have ROTY and I think that was it for racers.

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    I think the only recognized the 1 top AM at the banquet last year. I could be wrong.

They gave awards to the top 3 EX in every class. And they gave an award to the top AM in almost every class (can't remember which classes were excluded). They have ROTY and I think that was it for racers.

This is how it was in 2012 as well.

Bill Cool --- NEMRR EX #8 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12