Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

771 Racing - Royal Flush

771 Racing - Royal Flush

Posting this from the track, still here in my lil trailer camping out so I can watch the vintage festivities tomorrow. I'm really loving this lil trailer.

Anyways, Friday was uneventful, took my time packing, got to the track, went to bed and listened to the torrential downpours all night.

Saturday I woke to rain, but the forecast was predicting it stopping by 11am so I gambled and left my slicks mounted and skipped practice. My gamble paid off, by the time race 2 came around the sun was trying to burn through the clouds and we had dry track. With no practice, I rolled out for the AM GTL and got one of my normal timid, horrid starts putting me dead last into T1. Something clicked, and by the time I came across the stripe for the start of lap 2 I had already picked off a couple riders and I was in a groove. I ended up fighting my way back up to 2nd. During that massive catch-up game I dropped a new PB of 1:22.529. Highlight of the race, passing Mark Fox down the front straight for 2nd on the last lap, as he's looking back to see who's behind him.

Race 9 - AM LWGP Mark Fox and I go hammer and tongs on each other. The whole race we're swapping positions and paint. In the end, Mark is able to hold me off giving me a 3rd place finish.

Race 11 - AM ULSB I chase Rick Kaeser and his 800 Duc for the whole race, finally getting him at the end for the win.

Sunday - Race 11 - AM LWSB I place 4th after another horrid start. I'm not pleased with my perf this race, my best time was a 1:26 which is pathetic.

TLDR - Kurlon finds aggression, makes some passes stick, visits the box repeatedly.

I've now got two decisions to make:

Do I drop LWGP on Saturdays? Going out, coming in for a one race pause and then going right back out sucks. I always end up rushed and tired getting out for ULSB. If there was a way to get one more race between those two I'd be much happier.

When should I request to bump? I'm churning out 24s with 23s and 22s sprinkled in now. As per the rule book:
    110% of Expert Class Lap Record - 1:17 (Gino, ULSB) makes 1:24.7 the target, check
    112% of Fastest Expert when looking at rain conditions - Round 1 Clark turned a 1:33 in ULSB, that same day I turned a 1:41, check (My fastest lap that race was actually faster than Jake Vader's in ULSB)
    Good safety record - No crashes yet with AM plates, check
    Min 15 races as an AM and turning median expert laptimes - Looking back the slow experts in ULSB range from 1:18 to 1:24 with the occasional 1:25 or 1:26. I'm going to call this a maybe.
    Deportment - Yes, that's in the rule book, I think I'm polite so... check

If I bump, I'll never see the podium or any Bridgestone contingency again. It also means extra shame when I get lapped by other fellow white plates in GTLs. On the flip side, I'd like to think they could pull my lap times down a bit more?

To put it another way, hey expert ULSB riders, do you want me polluting your grids?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: 771 Racing - Royal Flush

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    When should I request to bump?
    Probably never, just get auto-bumped after you win your AM season championship(s). Are you sure this is the same Kurlon that would finish behind me last year??

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post
    Probably never, just get auto-bumped after you win your AM season championship(s). Are you sure this is the same Kurlon that would finish behind me last year??
    Seems there was a void in the results that needed filling so...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Ewww, TMI.

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

if you win a championship as an AM you autobump to EX.
    Also I thought you were going to give me a hard time winning the championships I want this year.

I saw your GTL race with Mark from T6. You guys were going at it. Thats what makes our racing exciting!

Nice report. Keep em coming. I didn't auto-bump and I won 3 NV championships then 2 AM championships. Of course sometimes I was the only one out there in my classes. I was alright with that though cause I had my yellow plates painted on the bodywork. Hope to see you at the August week when USGPRU smokes up the joint.

Lifer

771 Racing - Royal Flush-10307403_10152875374197576_6014879371618707902_n-jpg

If you want the tow, bump.
    If you want the contingency, don't.

I don't know what you're day to day is like, but a rigorous fitness training program will eliminate the sag from 2 races close together. That, and some nose candy. Weeeeeee!!

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    I don't know what you're day to day is like, but a rigorous fitness training program will eliminate the sag from 2 races close together. That, and some nose candy. Weeeeeee!!
    That's a lie. Lol. I am in the best shape I have ever been.
    I now know that it's easier to do 40+ minutes of racing (endurance race) rather than 2 sprints with a break in between.
    Hell even back to back races is better than leaving the track for 8 minutes and going back out.
    Yes it's mental and I am only talking for myself.

Good run this weekend!

If you want to bump, bump. I lingered as an AM way too long last year as I wanted to do the Daytona thing as an AM. Come up and play with us if you want to. You're a good racer and you wouldn't be polluting anything.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Horrid video time! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Y0g7Un5fI

Camera wasn't cooperating, and I'm too lazy to do a better edit at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    That's a lie. Lol. I am in the best shape I have ever been.
    I now know that it's easier to do 40+ minutes of racing (endurance race) rather than 2 sprints with a break in between.
    Hell even back to back races is better than leaving the track for 8 minutes and going back out.
    Yes it's mental and I am only talking for myself.
    Maybe the training isn't similar to the activity your training for. I don't know what your doing specifically, but if your weight lifting and running to train for motorcycle racing it may be off the mark. Of course it will help, but 40 minutes of hot yoga would probably be closer to replicating what you do during a race.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    Maybe the training isn't similar to the activity your training for. I don't know what your doing specifically, but if your weight lifting and running to train for motorcycle racing it may be off the mark. Of course it will help, but 40 minutes of hot yoga would probably be closer to replicating what you do during a race.
    weights and cardio yes.
    I am not saying its motorcycle racing specific. I am just saying that personally I can do continues riding or back to back races instead of a break in between

For me it's not a stamina issue, it's mental. Shifting from one stress type (get on track) to another (race) back to another (get in, get prepped, get on track) to finally one last shift (race) doesn't work for me. Put me under one stressor and leave me there, I'm happy.

Another small follow up, got a love letter from Bridgestone in the mail today. I'll try to return the favor with some more podiums at the classic.

Don't forget that vid we talked about

there is no autobump to EX.

you should do it anyway though.

and sign up for GTL

Win a championship in AM is auto bump...fact.

CCS #68
    2016 Husky FS450
    Huge thanks for all the support from MotoSport

Quote Originally Posted by Yknot View Post
    Right, so if the plan is to sandbag... watch those point like a hawk...

NO. that's simply not true. last year Frenchy won MWSB-didn't bump. Larry won AM overall-didn't bump. Rick Kaeser won a bunch of LW championship-didn't bump. of those 3 I think Rick should have.

That is interesting. It was not presented to me as an option. I guess there are other factors that are considered. I am really surprised that they would allow that to happen, but I dont know all the details.

CCS #68
    2016 Husky FS450

That is interesting. It was not presented to me as an option. I guess there are other factors that are considered. I am really surprised that they would allow that to happen, but I dont know all the details.
    Unless your running 15's they will let you sand bag the AM and chery pick all day long......I don't get it but WHATEVA bump and race with the better talent.

Definately concur with that. I enjoyed the new challenge.

CCS #68
    2016 Husky FS450

That is interesting. It was not presented to me as an option. I guess there are other factors that are considered.
    Raw sex appeal!!!

Lol...yeah right. I would be pre novice then.

CCS #68
    2016 Husky FS450

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast