Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

#771 - Rockin Round 6

#771 - Rockin Round 6

Ended up having a couple awesome battles with Savas this weekend. In both ULSB and LWSB we went hammer and tongs on each other. I managed to hold him off in ULSB to squeeze out a 3rd, preventing one of those pesky motards from getting a podium in the process. The second half of the race lit a fire under Savas as he was showing me both a wheel and his fabulous bodywork in 3 every lap, only thing that saved me was motor. In LWSB he stalked me till the very last lap, getting by me and setting up a race to the checkers, literally. He's been MUCH better than me through 11/11A/12 and Saturday night gave me a couple tips which I tried to put into use. I managed to not screw 12 up too badly, got A-ko aimed in the right direction quickly, putting me just to his inside and lit the fuse for a dragrace finish. We were side by side at start/finish, I had charged from behind him and built up a big gain on him in speed at that point and thought I had pulled off a comeback, timing and scoring however proved that his better drive out of 12 saved his ass on that one, well done Savas!

No new personal bests, but I did string together a solid group of 23s in practice, GTL and ULSB which is new territory for me. I'm still monkeying around with shift points, trying dropping 2 into 1 as well as a downshift into 6. I don't know if either is actually making a difference or not, part of me suspects the improved drive is coming at the expense of possibly lowering my actual entry and roll speed? Dropping 1 into 6 also has me needing to upshift before the curbing for 7 which is awkward as well. The real answer there may just be a cleaner line and higher roll speed so I stay in the meat of the powerband.

AM GTL - 7 out of 13
    AM ULSB - 3 out of 9
    AM LWSB - 12 out of 18

Please note, A-ko worked flawlessly this weekend thanks to some help from Seacoast on the dyno. There will be no tales of mechanical woes. I was literally confused for part of the weekend as I had nothing to tinker on... and I have nothing that needs addressing before the next round. How do you people with reliable bikes manage?!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Kurlon; 09-15-13 at 09:37 PM.

Re: #771 - Rockin Round 6

Had a blast battling with you josh! Hopefully ill see you in October and we can repeat that.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Decided to try my hand at playing video guy for race #11 today (Sunday):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0HUXUBsBJU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBCIlfSYUyk

If you look closely, you can see a hard charging Harley, and a certain nemesis I've developed that goes by 'Savas.' Tried to get some stills too but none came out very well.

Apologies to everyone not involved, but watching the ULSB race on Saturday was my favorite from Saturday. Josh v. Sav. John v. Harley. Jake v Motard were all fun to watch, and all in one race.

Very nice report. Sounds like a great time.

Excellent racing this weekend! It's a blast to have close competition!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Dropping 1 into 6 also has me needing to upshift before the curbing for 7 which is awkward as well.
    GP or regular shift? This shift point is the main reason I switched to GP shift. It's incredibly awkward to get your toe under the shifter mid corner while tipped over hard to the left without unsettling the chassis. Banging an upshift GP style is fun though. The shift there definitely helped my drive on both the SV and Hawk.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Regular shift, it's not so much getting my foot under as trying to do the gear change and not upsetting the bike. I'm still not comfy enough with my traction to just bang it cranked over like that.

Hey Josh, it was great fun seeing you out there! You and Brady smoked me when I misapplied my new GP shift at the line. I switched it this round specifically for the T6 exit. It didn't help me because I couldn't quite grab the shift AND keep my line through 7. I ended up staying in 4th gear as usual and lugging it to the treehouse. I'm sure it works for most folks, I just can't do more than one thing at a time! I'm guessing you can't rely on low end torque through there... Congrats on the maintenance free fizzer too.

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

I've got a fairly nice wide, flat torque curve which is a bit surprising given the engine layout, but there's no denying she pulls harder wound up than not. I think I'll figure a GP shift setup out this winter, seems to be the going advice I keep getting.

In the mean time, now that I've had a chance to decompress I'd like to thank Dana, Dan and Scott, RSP, Seacoast, ECK and the other Center Garage nutters for yet another awesome time.

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Congrats on a fun weekend and a podium to boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    GP or regular shift? This shift point is the main reason I switched to GP shift. It's incredibly awkward to get your toe under the shifter mid corner while tipped over hard to the left without unsettling the chassis. Banging an upshift GP style is fun though. The shift there definitely helped my drive on both the SV and Hawk.
    This, exactly!