Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Am #388 LRRS round 3

Am #388 LRRS round 3

AM #388 June 2012
    I feel I need to write up a weekend report as I always enjoy reading everyone's and have yet to contribute
    This is my 5th weekend as an Amateur, second this year after taking nearly 2 years off (not by choice) and my first Classic weekend
    I ride two first gen sv650's, one is set up for SB and one is for SS

GTL:
    Started off mid pack row 3 and with a good start, was able to move to 2nd place for the first lap... which is where I remained for the rest of the race chasing down rider #245 on his FZR560 (I don't need to mention this guy is FAST) At about the half way mark, no longer able to even see any part of the leader, I rode the remainder of the race just trying not to make any errors. Boring yes until I pulled into the garage and was told I won... so 245 must have had mechanical failure or pulled off track because I did not earn that win. Best time 120.7 which I was happy with on the SB

LWGP:
    Started out row 2 and again had a good start, with a best ever out lap of 1.23.7 Again #245 was in front with a marginal lead on me that I was unable to make any time on from my #2 position. Posted my best ever race lap on lap #2 of a 1.20.0 and really felt like the race was going well, then my bike decided to not allow me to actually enjoy the remainder of the race, dropping a cylinder going into the bowl and as another racer put it "crop dusting the track with smoke". I am still laughing about it now however really have no idea what happened to the bike yet, just glad I didn't oil the track for other racers.

LWSS:
    I was very pleased to find out that I was placed row 1D for the start of this race, which was nice after starting in the last row for all my May races. Green flag drops and I feel I got a decent start, but so did everyone else I was lined up with! I will say this, I have never gone into turn 1 so close to another racer as I did in this race and everyone remained on their line without issue. Came out of turn 2 in 4th place, behind some seasoned Am SS racers who definately turned it up a notch! I went from 4th to 3rd by lap 2, then worked my tail off to make a pass for the next few laps. I was able to see the leader #769 take a race line in a spot or 2 generally used for passing, so I had to really work after rider #447 passed for 1st at about lap 3. By lap #4 I was able to take 2nd and begin my drive up towards 1st. On the last lap I was able to gain some good ground however not enough to win and took 2nd place with another personal best time on my SS bike of 1.21.2. Very pleased

LWSB:
    Last race of my weekend, going into LWsuperbike with a stock sv was less than desirable however I set out to make the best of it. Did not get the start I wanted and was behind several bikes into turn 1 from my row #2 start. Lap #1 I was in 5th behind a Buell watching all the top 3 pulling further and further away. I was unable to pull motor on this thing in any part of the track and by the 5th lap, completely frustrated and running in every corner at every angle for a pass with no luck, I was able to make a pass stick!! I remained in 4th with 3 laps to go and had NO sight on the top 3 guys until the very last lap. Getting a good drive out of the bowl I was able to see a yellow plated rider ahead of me in traffic. Hoping this was 3rd place, I did what I could and noticed a spot in turn 11 on the outside for a pass while rider Am #276 was behind several novice riders. I made a move in 11 and as we both took 11a side by side with no contact, I was able to cross the finish by the skin of my teeth in third place.

All said, great weekend, great to see and talk with many of you who I have never met before and I look forward to returning in August or September to finish out the year possibly with expert plates.

Thanks to my sponsor Rob Ruggiero, owner of Speed Demon Cycles, who had nothing to due with the build or failure of my SB motor, Suzuki Siege, Turbo Don, my garage mates and friends and mostly my wife who I believe enjoys the racing thing as much as I do!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Am #388 LRRS round 3

Nice write up Justin! I really wanted to make it up there for The Classic. Dam work always getting in the way.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Rob Ruggiero
    lrrs ex#828 (retired)
    www.speeddemoncycles.net

Quote Originally Posted by 388 View Post
    I will say this, I have never gone into turn 1 so close to another racer as I did in this race and everyone remained on their line without issue
    The AM LW starts into T1 this weekend were closer and safer than last round in my experience, too.

Nice work out there as usual. I'd like to say it's great racing with you, but usually all I ever see of you is a quick pass and then you're gone.

'02 SV650 street|woods|race LRRS #128

Great racing with you, and getting to meet ya after awards. You were hauling ass this weekend!

CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto

Quote Originally Posted by brady View Post
    The AM LW starts into T1 this weekend were closer and safer than last round in my experience, too.

Nice work out there as usual. I'd like to say it's great racing with you, but usually all I ever see of you is a quick pass and then you're gone.
    +1 on all of this! Def the closest first-T1's than I've been a part of in the past year.

Bill Cool --- NEMRR EX #8 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

one of these days Justin Ill be able to hang with you, traffic always seems to ruin my fun of hanging onto your tail for a sub 22 run. good job at the classic. see you next time!

just looked at the lwss times its now wonder its close racing the times of the top several are pretty close.

Last edited by catahoulabuldog; 06-29-12 at 02:08 PM.