Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

#910 Central Mass Powersports Rd 1

#910 Central Mass Powersports Rd 1

What a weekend! Getting the bike ready came down to the wire and I ended up opting out of installing my new bodywork. #123 Chris Dove and I packed up his box truck and my trailer on Tuesday night and headed up to NHMS on Wednesday afternoon, we were joined at the track by #112 Clayson Baker. The original plan was to do Thursday and Friday practice to shake the dust off. I got on the bike Thursday for the afternoon session and promptly threw it down in 1A. No damage really other than replacing a foot peg and lever guard.

I felt horrible on the bike. Absolutely terrible. Super heavy on the bars, not engaging my legs, drastically exaggerating body position - none of these are good things. I decided to skip Friday practice, save the $150, as the conditions were basically the same as the day before. CMP also had 2 riders in Basic school so Chris, Clay, and I spent the day assisting them and watching them on track.

Saturday practice 1 for Group 1 was cold, I went out and just tried to work on engaging my legs and ease up on the bars. Ran a 1:39 in practice, probably should have used an hour glass instead of a transponder. Not much changed in practice 2, but I started feeling a bit more comfortable.

Race 3: Amateur GTO
    I did GTO round 7 last year and I love it, great way to open a race weekend. I wasn't too upset with this race being shortened to 20 minutes considering the difficulty I'd been having on my bike. I finished 11th and my position remained pretty much static throughout.
    Best lap: 1:29.646

Race 8: Heavyweight Superbike
    Not an awful lot to report here, I was slow again but feeling a lot better and like I was starting to do the right things again. I finished 13th and had a couple of battles near the back of the pack. A bit disappointed in lap time when i pitted in but that wasn't something i was going to let bother me this weekend. Good times.
    Best lap: 1:29.604

Went out to dinner at TGI's with the garage 10/11N clowns and cut up a bit. Had some fun, had a couple of beers, made it to bed by 9:45. That's a successful Saturday night in my book.

Sunday practice went well. I was originally going to skip is because I figured the weather would be crap, but it turned out to be decent so I went out and turned 7 or 8 laps and felt great on the bike.

Race 6: Middleweight Supersport
    I was gridded a several rows from the front and had already determined before the weekend started that I would not be pressing my nose into the turn 1 cluster fuck. I let that play out, then set myself to catching whoever I could. I made about 5 or 6 passes and had an absolute blast out there. It actually started feeling like I knew how to race a motorcycle again. I finished 18th and feel like I have nothing to complain about. I also dropped 2 seconds of my pace from the day before.
    Best lap: 1:27.584

Race 10: Unlimited Superbike
    Same strategy on the start. I caught 3 guys throughout the course of the race and needed spent the last 2 laps lapping novices and reeling in #858 Adam Kells and #876 Lloyd Palmer. I needed about another half a lap to get that done and finished about half a second behind them. Felt great out there. Dropped another 2 seconds.
    Best lap: 1:25.430

Huge thanks to Central Mass Powersports for supporting our team. Everyone in the garage helped each other getting in and out of races. All of my tools actually ended up back in my tool box where they were found. Clay got his first expert podium. The CMP Grill and CMP living room kicked ass. Everyone chipped in for loading/unloading the trailers. Awesome time. Also thanks to Plaistow Powersports and the guys in 10/11N for their helping hands throughout the weekend. We're in for a fun season in the CMP garage with such great neighbors.

Although I had a painfully slow start to the weekend, I was fairly happy with where I ended the weekend. I'm still a few seconds off my pace from the end of last year, but I finished all of my races, picked up points, and got faster every race I went out. That's something someone can build on. I made big strides quickly when I started last year and I guess I expected to pick up where I left off and I was very disappointed to find that to not be the case. I'm looking forward to progressing as the season goes on and I'm fully expecting to be very competitive in the amateur middleweight class this year.

As this is New England, I'd be remiss if I didn't end on a bit of a salty note. Why the hell did all of you ass clowns vote to shorten races to 6 laps??? Sunday was the best day on track by far and you jamokes want less track time? Yes, I understand the right side was getting cold...ride accordingly. Really weak move, bros.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Re: #910 Central Mass Powersports Rd 1

good job this weekend dude. and I am with you on not shortening the races to 6 laps.
    and next time remember... before you call me, ask yourself, is this textable?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Forgot to swing by and check out that trailer... was a bit preoccupied :/

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    As this is New England, I'd be remiss if I didn't end on a bit of a salty note. Why the hell did all of you ass clowns vote to shorten races to 6 laps??? Sunday was the best day on track by far and you jamokes want less track time? Yes, I understand the right side was getting cold...ride accordingly. Really weak move, bros.
    I agree entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I agree entirely.
    Seconded

Lifer

With 2 more laps I could have easily blown my podium finishes.

Fun hangin with ya dude, and nice progression/improvement. You'll be right there for next round.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Keep it up buddy! It's great to see you out there. Spring will be here any day now.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube