Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NV #113

NV #113

Well, I will start with Bomo Day Had a Blast but had some Tip over sensor issues sorted those out and then at the end of the Day dropped the bike in the trailer but I did get so much out of the two days it was crazy. I knew I had to do pads but after a close inspection I had bent a rotor Bad. So I pulled my 06 1000 apart and took the rotors off of it and installed them with a set of EBC HH pads. Well got up to the track early Sat morning changed tires out and went to practice. Both sessions went Great brakes were Killer and allowed me to break a bit deeper and carry a bit more speed with confidence. First race I did was the MW GP race and it was a Shit show and had a guy swooping all over the place and hit me bringing out the red flag. I had not a scratch on the bike so no biggie. We restarted and had 9 bike pile up thank god I was in front of it. They put our race back to the 10a race and I took a 3rd in the race…….First podium ever. So Sunday felt great in practice and my speed was there. So, Sunday I get the same grid spot get an ok hole shot and flow into 4th and play it safe following them waited and 1st place guy is way out so he is forgot about, but 2nd ends up eating it in turn 3 and the whole time I had the guy in front of me in a few turns so I held off and passed him and walked way and didn’t look back. Fishished with a 2nd place and a PB lap time of 1:20.1 and knocking on the teens Door…can’t wait for Next race weekend..

Just wanted to say a special thanks do DAN “legal speed” and Boston Moto, Landrics Custom, Pro-Lux Racing, Dunlop, and all THE FANS that come out……GREAT WEEKEND I’M BEAT BUT HAPPY……WOOOOHOOO

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: NV #113

Wow sounds like you did awesome man! Way to be! So when you get your first podium you have to top it with another int he same weekend? NICE!

BTW...where are you pitted?

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

sounds like you were rocking it out there, great job mang! 20's are no joke! tees are in your sights! way to go!

Hope to come watch ya next race weekend....

Shawn look Great on Sunday. Like he said he was in 5th on the first lap. The leader had just checked out. So we'll call it 4th. The pack of 4 were tire to tire for a few laps. Then Shawn picked off one to be third (4th) then the first bike in the pack of 4 started to check out and Shawn picked off another, Second (3rd) then when then came back around the second place bike was no where to be seen, Shawn was in actuall second. I don't know what the gap between 1st and 2nd was but there was no way Shawn could get him. I watched the race from turn 6 and Shawn was pretty dead nuts on his line every lap. Congrats to a great race and a good weekend.

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Nice job!

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Wow sounds like you did awesome man! Way to be! So when you get your first podium you have to top it with another int he same weekend? NICE!

BTW...where are you pitted?

We pit right behind turn 3 bleachers Row A...

Quote Originally Posted by FireboltEric_MA View Post
    sounds like you were rocking it out there, great job mang! 20's are no joke! tees are in your sights! way to go!

Hope to come watch ya next race weekend....
    Yea, U Really actually helped get me there since I was Running your Tip over sensor Still but I will pull it and mail it to ya this week BUD thanks and heal up fast..

Quote Originally Posted by Sheppo View Post
    Shawn look Great on Sunday. Like he said he was in 5th on the first lap. The leader had just checked out. So we'll call it 4th. The pack of 4 were tire to tire for a few laps. Then Shawn picked off one to be third (4th) then the first bike in the pack of 4 started to check out and Shawn picked off another, Second (3rd) then when then came back around the second place bike was no where to be seen, Shawn was in actuall second. I don't know what the gap between 1st and 2nd was but there was no way Shawn could get him. I watched the race from turn 6 and Shawn was pretty dead nuts on his line every lap. Congrats to a great race and a good weekend.
    Thanks For the Support bud Great to see ya up there......

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Nice job!
    Thank you chipster....

that sensor had some fast still in it.... keep it till you find another, it seems to be working for you pretty well, dont ruin a good thing..

LRRS #516

Well done, dude! wish I was there for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Palm Bomb View Post
    Well done, dude! wish I was there for it!
    Thanks Man appreciate it.....

Nice dude, do you have 10 races yet? You've got the times, you should bump up and play with us. There are 3 or 4 guys including me around that pace, the racing is fun.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Sweet, way to go

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by ceo and a bunch of numbers View Post
    Nice dude, do you have 10 races yet? You've got the times, you should bump up and play with us. There are 3 or 4 guys including me around that pace, the racing is fun.
    Thanks, Would love too but I got 2 wins and still a bit off there pace but hopefully by the end of this season I get a Bump.....that would be KILLER

Good job, man. Like I told ya, lookin good

Pitt, CEO and timmy thanks.....Lots of work finally paid off

Like I say u are the man of the moment.........all in one packet.... The fans ...the chick..... And the old man who ask for your autograph

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    Thanks, Would love too but I got 2 wins and still a bit off there pace but hopefully by the end of this season I get a Bump.....that would be KILLER
    So wait, do you have 10 races or not? LOL you didn't answer my question.

If you do, why on earth would you stay as a novice one more second than you have to?!?

This weekend there was a 9 bike pileup, and you personally were hit by another bike...

GET THE FUCK OUT OF NOVICE ASAP.

AM you will be midpack with those times.... and you won't be racing with a bunch of retards.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

So wait, do you have 10 races or not? LOL you didn't answer my question.

If you do, why on earth would you stay as a novice one more second than you have to?!?

This weekend there was a 9 bike pileup, and you personally were hit by another bike...

AM you will be midpack with those times.... and you won't be racing with a bunch of retards.

CEO..Sorry, I thought it was wins....but I think after Aug I will have more than 10. And yea I would def love to Bump just to help step up my Game....Sand Baggin is GAY i could care less about pay outs and such...I just want to go faster and be a better more exp racer...so I am going to see where I stand and if i can Bump...race with some better talent.

Practice was a bit fustrating when your trying to get you fast on and there is Joey slow poke doing 1.40's and all over the place.....def blows and not safe at all.

CEO..Sorry, I thought it was wins....but I think after Aug I will have more than 10. And yea I would def love to Bump just to help step up my Game....Sand Baggin is GAY i could care less about pay outs and such...I just want to go faster and be a better more exp racer...so I am going to see where I stand and if i can Bump...race with some better talent.

Practice was a bit fustrating when your trying to get you fast on and there is Joey slow poke doing 1.40's and all over the place.....def blows and not safe at all.
    That's the spirit! The big change in AM is predictability... everyone is on line within +/- 5 feet and not doing random swoop moves and that shit. Also, you need to experience riding your hardest and sweating bullets and then having Jeff/Christian/Scotty/Eric passing you as they lap you like you're fucking standing still

I would check right now, If you have COMPLETED 10 races as a novice as of today, I would send your email to Don immediately. That's my opinion

You can't bump mid-weekend so if you've got 9 races or less, you're stuck doing another novice weekend with all those yahoos...

And FYI if you choose the right races/classes you can still get some podiums/contingencies in AM with your lap times. I personally have chosen to do the larger grids though because there are more folks to race with and it's more fun for me.

Last edited by CEO; 07-20-10 at 08:48 AM.
    Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

That's the spirit! The big change in AM is predictability... everyone is on line within +/- 5 feet and not doing random swoop moves and that shit. Also, you need to experience riding your hardest and sweating bullets and then having Jeff/Christian/Scotty/Eric passing you as they lap you like you're fucking standing still

I would check right now, If you have COMPLETED 10 races as a novice as of today, I would send your email to Don immediately. That's my opinion

You can't bump mid-weekend so if you've got 9 races or less, you're stuck doing another novice weekend with all those yahoos...

And FYI if you choose the right races/classes you can still get some podiums/contingencies in AM with your lap times. I personally have chosen to do the larger grids though because there are more folks to race with and it's more fun for me.

Cool Thanks For the advice I am going to see where I stand. Hopefully get a bump soon that would Be KILLER.....app it
    and I just looked and I will need 2 more races to have 10 SWEEETTTTTAAAAA.....

U think that these are consistant enough to not get Run over time wise????

01:25.800 2010-07-18 17:23:18 5
    01:21.676 2010-07-18 17:24:40 5
    01:21.828 2010-07-18 17:26:02 5
    01:21.459 2010-07-18 17:27:23 4
    01:21.524 2010-07-18 17:28:45 4
    01:20.989 2010-07-18 17:30:06 2
    01:20.351 2010-07-18 17:31:26 2
    01:20.156 2010-07-18 17:32:46 2

Last edited by Pigman; 07-20-10 at 09:58 AM.

There are guys in the AM ranks that still do that. It gets scary and a bit frustrating because Im not about to throw it away on a risky pass in practice. 1:20 is certainly fast enough to play round with some guys in the AM ranks. Come on up. Youll only get faster by playing with faster guys.

James

Cool Thanks For the advice I am going to see where I stand. Hopefully get a bump soon that would Be KILLER.....app it
    and I just looked and I will need 2 more races to have 10 SWEEETTTTTAAAAA.....

U think that these are consistant enough to not get Run over time wise????

01:25.800 2010-07-18 17:23:18 5
    01:21.676 2010-07-18 17:24:40 5
    01:21.828 2010-07-18 17:26:02 5
    01:21.459 2010-07-18 17:27:23 4
    01:21.524 2010-07-18 17:28:45 4
    01:20.989 2010-07-18 17:30:06 2
    01:20.351 2010-07-18 17:31:26 2
    01:20.156 2010-07-18 17:32:46 2
    That's too bad that you need two more, you'll have to wait until round 7 to be an AM.

With those times you would absolutely be fine in AM... really it's like bumping to an advanced track day group, you're nervous to do it and then you think "why didn't I do that a while ago, all these guys are smooth and good riders"...

James is right there are some people who still cruise around in the 8am practice but I still think at least they are predictable...

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

That's too bad that you need two more, you'll have to wait until round 7 to be an AM.

With those times you would absolutely be fine in AM... really it's like bumping to an advanced track day group, you're nervous to do it and then you think "why didn't I do that a while ago, all these guys are smooth and good riders"...

James is right there are some people who still cruise around in the 8am practice but I still think at least they are predictable...
    They are still going for their Sunday ride in practice 2 as well. I dont know how many guys I came around the outside of in turn 1 and in the bowl. I think Im starting to like the outside pass.

Running consistent 1:20-1:21s you wont be up front but you wont be last. Consider this. I got a 3rd in HW supersport with a fast lap of a 1:20. The 1st and 2nd place guys checked out before I could get to 3rd so I had nothing for them and by the 5 or 6 lap I was all alone. I might have been able to turn 25s and still hold onto 3rd.

Last edited by union; 07-20-10 at 01:34 PM.
    James

Agreed. Bump it up asap.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by mauro#749 View Post
    Like I say u are the man of the moment.........all in one packet.... The fans ...the chick..... And the old man who ask for your autograph
    BUMP!

I thought I was the only dude that old guy wanted an autograph from! Man my whole image of me is shattered now. I feel dirty.

CCS LRRS #454

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast