Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

#988 last race weekend report

#988 last race weekend report

Practice sessions- Usually I never make the 1st one but this time I manage to get out there and do a couple wet laps. really not much to do here so I just Site see and try to come up with a better plan for turn 1. 2nd session went by without incident and I was just upset that I didn't get to try anything at race speed.

Race 1 GTU- Got an okay start and made a few mistakes by blowing the turns trying to be aggressive. I totally got stuffed into turn 3 by a little asian kid. I believe his name is chun eung or something....rides a rs 125 I think. I was all jammed up after that and then we got red flagged. The restart went okay and about 3 laps into it the little bugger stuffs me again! I was laughing to myself on this one and was trying to catch up to the lead pack and to try and return the favor. Never saw the lead guys again.......I always had a few instances were I would catch up by out braking them but everything would be ruined by being in the wrong gear and having no drive. I would say every swear in the book watching those guys pull away and thinking to myself "is it really that hard to be in the right gear??? this is basic riding stuff". I finished in the middle of the pack around 5th I think.

Race 11- Same excuses here. Starts were okay and passed 1 or 2 guys but was never in contention for the front pack as I was always in the wrong gear and getting no drive. I had to laugh as I saw and had to dodge so much debris as it dropped off peoples bikes. Again-just found myself in the middle of the pack and finished without incident around 5th.

My goal was to break below 1:30 this year and yes I did that and have started to consistently get into the 27s. I set a PB of 1:27.1 but I also wanted to bump up to amatuer this year. I don't think that will happen with very low indexes and even if it did I won't challenge even the last person with such high lap times. This year I didnt do one track day and that was why I saw a lot of guys in my races bump up and finish high while I showed up on race day and tried to figure it out on the fly. Due to my line of work I can only attend so many races a year anyway.... Next year I will swear to get more practice and track days under my belt as I know I am capable of way better.
    Thanks to Denno and the guys at boston moto. When I switched to pirelli I was instantly a lot better and also thanks to bill tanzey for track help. What sucks is april is so far away.........

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    AM#220

99 cbr 900 street
    02 sv 650 race

Re: #988 last race weekend report

Congrats on a safe season and your goals accomplished. Yup. April is a long way away. The only good news is February is 28 days.

I have been warned many times about getting injured beacuse my employer and insurance will "Absolutely not cover it". There is something to be said for a safe and injury free season for sure. on the last weekend it crossed my mind a couple times. If I did get injured -talk about really screwing myself. The mortgage I have to pay is no joke!

AM#220

99 cbr 900 street
    02 sv 650 race

Just remember, if you get hurt, you were mountain biking. Or fell down the stairs.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

I always say to myself that I am gonna race my race, ignore the other bikes, go at 95% pace but I guess that would only happen if I had 1/2 lap lead or was down a lap. Funny how when you do back off and then check your times. Its safer and faster. It must be relaxing the grip or sumtin.

Quote Originally Posted by bdawkins20 View Post
    I have been warned many times about getting injured beacuse my employer and insurance will "Absolutely not cover it". There is something to be said for a safe and injury free season for sure. on the last weekend it crossed my mind a couple times. If I did get injured -talk about really screwing myself. The mortgage I have to pay is no joke!
    pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by CMG241 View Post
    pm sent
    Are you still at least going to do track days????

AM#220

99 cbr 900 street
    02 sv 650 race

nope. might be back in couple years, I have concussion issues