Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

#99 Classic Results 14's

#99 Classic Results 14's

Thursday - Couldn't take an extra day off, been working 12 hour days to help wrap things up before the career change. Get some errands done on the way home, pack up the trailer (had to pack up 4 bikes), get ready to hit the road around 8:30 (way later than I wanted) and find my trailer cord severed. Sweet. I fix the chord, ends up being around 10:00 by the time I eat and am ready to roll, been up since 5:30am, decide to sleep and drive up in the morning.

Friday - Get up while still dark up, and trek to the track (missing practice 1 wasn't too big of a deal afterall since it was a damp cold morning).

Practice 1 - Go out and feel like I'm tied to a poll (felt like 20's), think I ran some 16's or low 17's. Always better to feel slower than you were (rather than the other way around).

Race 4 - MWSB
    Gridded somewhere horrible, get way too courteous into T1, end up in 10th off the start. Justin gets by in 1st or 2nd Lap... I make a few passes and end up in 8th or so stuck behind out of town Selpe #114. His bike makes power, so it's tough to get around him and he has a train of us behind him waiting for him to slip up. Follow him around for several laps, on the 6th and 7th Lap I lose 5 positions (one to tim as he got hit by norman) due to lappers (I need to stop playing nice) and finished 13th/19. props to the Tim and Justin for finishing in top 10. Ran a bunch of 16's, because #114 was pacing us, ran a 17.7 and a 20.7 when i was caught up in the 5-wide groups of lapped traffic!!!! ugh.

Race 12 - MWGP (dash for cash)
    Gridded ok, still too courteous, come out of T2 in 10th or so... End up in 9th (just out of dash $). I close the gap to 8th, running a 15.1 (Personal Best), then get parked behind him again... pucker moments in the apex with #114 again, to watch him gap me on all the straights. Ran 8 Laps in the 15's, 4 or 5 of them were better than my personal best. Props to Tyler Sweeney for getting into $, making a balls pass around my front tire into 1, and capitalizing on selpe's bobble in 2 (that I had been in position for, and waiting for until then, damn it!). Norman got around in the last lap too, and found his way around 114 of Selpe. Pumped for PB 15.1 (especially after no sleep, and 3 hour drive that morning), but frustrated I am not getting around traffic.

Saturday - Track's wet for practice, feel like crap, decide to rest.

Race 7 - HWSB
    They gridded me 2a, but I'm 4th in points (and only 6 behind Carter) so i nicely ask to be put back in 1D. They do so (thanks LRRS!) and I decide I better take meg's advice and not be so nice into 1. I get the PERFECT timing, so close my wrist thought it could be a jump start, and i let off the throttle a touch... sent me bouncing a bit on the launch, was 3rd into 1, but a balls pass in 1a got me into 4th out of 2... I was content. Carter has an outlap of 17.XX to my 19.5 (one of my best outlaps, because I was ahead of a lot of the traffic, but not as fast as it could have been because I was being a puss after some little slippage in warm-up - track was dry, but chilly).
    Carter ran back to back 14.9's I strung together 5 14's with 14.5 being my best in Lap 6. I closed the gap up tight, then Carter used a lapper as a nice pic around the treehouse in lap 7, I decided to not follow the lapper around for the next 3 turns (like I had done in fridays race), and zipped around him in 9. Was able to click a 16.0 even with the lapper. Closed the 1/2 second gap back up with a 14.9 to Carter's 15.5 on the 8th lap, but could not find a way around him befor the checker... I finish 0.16 seconds behind my first expert podium, and some very important championship points.

Thought there must have been 2 beacons on the wall, ran to the tech garage, confirmed my 14.5!

Sunday - Throw on some shagged tires for 2nd practice, enjoy the slip and slide, practiced in the 17's, came off when I felt loose.

Race 1 - MWSS
    Track was pretty cold, as first race of the day and no sun may do... Got a good start (top 5 I believe) Lyskawa got by me somewhere between 1 and 3, and hoping to get towed but Tyler Sweeney lit a fire and shot by me into 3 and took over 6th. OK then, let's go. put in an 18.3 outlap (my fastest I think) but had some big slips coming from the rear end. It was a Medium rear, on it's 2nd race (they work MUCH better on their 1st race). Backed up my 14's in the 2nd lap, and just seemed to be loosing momentum... the yellow bikes disappeared (later found out Tyler went from a PB in the 15's to a 13.8 that race!!!). On last lap, I was just trying to manage my slides, and Joel got by me in the bowl. Finished 8th. Came off, tire was SHREDDED. pressures were on, so figured it may be weather or suspension. Mike M bouncing around the pits like richard simmons, managed to pop by and sort me out... the faster pace called for some new settings. (I'm logging everything and learning a ton about proper set-up this year).

ASRA race # 4 - The Classic
    Rob throws some new tires on (med plus for the long race) - I rest up and psych myself out about being a puss and having to run 20 laps. On both the original start and the restart, riders who think their names allow them to move around on the hot grid in front of me, take the liberty to line up in my way. This wont happen again, as it's very distracting to launch with a rear tire 20" from my front tire. Had a great start on first flag, an ok start on re-start. Was started in 11th (3c) ended up 11th once we got settled in for a few laps. I lost a couple guys I'd like to hang with behind the 114 bike AGAIN.
    Running 15's behind him all day, finally got around him mid-race. Chasing him had me spent, so by the time I got around him I only had enough steam for a few more 15's and no 14's... I was able to Gap him and martire, since mike was also caught following him. Got the signal from my pit help that I made a gap, squeezed my tank, and slowed pace about a second for 4 laps or so. My "GAP" signal went away, so I got back into pace until the last lap where I had time to turn around and see my gap. The last 2 flicks through 11a and 12, and turn-ins in the bowl highlighted how tired I was haha. Carter had an easy-off in T3 on the 19th or 20th Lap, and I was able to grab a free spot. Finished 9th in my first race over 12 laps... And first ASRA race. Was pretty cool finding out I was getting a check too! haha.

Hoping that warmer track, and some better starts will find my with a 13.99 this season. I know Tim and Justin are not far behind for the 14's (and kevin either), and I like being their carrot better than them being mine

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

Re: #99 Classic Results 14's

Great read man! Congrats on those 14s! Keep them coming and get yourself into group 9, you can sleep in, rest, and still go out

Good Job Kitt! Congrads on the PB!

Rob Ruggiero
    lrrs ex#828 (retired)
    www.speeddemoncycles.net

Wow! Friggin SWEET! Now just imagine if you lost 20 pounds!

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

That is showing them how it is done, Now man up and quit being so nice out there.

Congrats on the PB... That is friggin' moving fo-sho!

Sweet, way to go homie.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Wow! Friggin SWEET! Now just imagine if you lost 20 pounds!
    Just got off the phone with speed demon rob... that may just be in store for next round.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    Just got off the phone with speed demon rob... that may just be in store for next round.
    He does Liposuction too?

Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

He does Liposuction too?
    doc, for a slopw fatass, you are really harping, eh? I lost 10 since winter... and have been working too many long days to dedicate to gym. going to be working less hours hopefully in the month to come.

losing 12 pounds myself, and putting bike on diet.

doc, for a slopw fatass, you are really harping, eh? I lost 10 since winter... and have been working too many long days to dedicate to gym. going to be working less hours hopefully in the month to come.

losing 12 pounds myself, and putting bike on diet.
    Slow is relative. I am kinda quick on the Hawk...

Fatass... I just figured I would welcome you to the club.

I even brought you a bunch of Heiniken LIGHT.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Heiniken LIGHT.
    lol, thanks doc.

Congrats Kitt.

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    Congrats Kitt.
    thx dude... 13.99 may be in sight*

Last edited by Kitt; 06-14-10 at 11:08 AM.

congrats man. well done.

Scott
    1990 Honda Hawk NT700 (rebuilt?)
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848 (retarded fun)

Again, congrats man.

John
    CCS/LRRS Expert #69
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2004
    "Speed has a kind of affinity for me, it's the time God and I have our little talks."

thx dude... 13.99 may be in sight*
    Ya man, 14s are knockin on the door of really fast on a 600. From here on out, improvements will probably come in small increments. tiny differences in technique will add up. A little more mid corner throttle to keep momentum, trailing off the brakes a little sooner, getting to WOT a little sooner. Putting all these things together for the whole lap, lap after lap.

That last second for me was the most rewarding part of my whole career.

Paul_E_D

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.508 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Fast times and consistent, too. Good stuff.

If you'll take advice from someone who has never been in the 15s, let alone 14s, I think you might pick up a tenth or two between 10 and 11. It sounded like you could get on the gas a split second earlier and hold it longer if you let the bike drift another 5 feet wide left out of 10.

Last edited by Degsy; 06-14-10 at 11:53 AM.

Looked good out there man... and a big congratulations on the new personal best! FIgure a tenth or two would be hard to come by.. but dropping over a whole second over a couple races is pretty sweet.

The best advice I’ve ever been given is to not forget where you came from.

Yo, you ran great this weekend...especially in the Classic.
    Good job bro!
    I bet you could of gotten another 2/10 if you didn't have that loaded potatoe and full rack when we went out to eat on Friday night.....next time go for the half rack and veggies

....I'm slow enough to eat whatever I want

Chris
    LRRS Expert #160

Awesome writeup.. It was frustrating just watching you behind him, never mind actually being on the bike.... Good ride though, way to keep your head on.

LRRS #951
    My girlfriend wants to be like me when she grows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Sometimes violence IS the answer. The answer every other time is busa.

Ambition Outweighs Talent strgt's Avatar

Nice job Kitt, thats fast!

www.streetandcomp.com
    LRRS/CCS/WERA Am. #290
    NESBA Adv. #290

Quote Originally Posted by strgt View Post
    Nice job Kitt, thats fast!
    thx man, makes me very hungry for the 13.99

good job dude! 14s are no joke... ur now a group 9 rider lol

Plaistow Powersports Racing
    Lrrs/ccs/ahrma EX #26

Awesome job on the 14s man. I watched your race and I think you can make up some time by opening up your line into T1 and maybe using some brakes in T1a to set up T2... it should be good for at least another .2 seconds.

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

I thought you would never get there.

Congrats. Very well done. That takes a lot of effort. You have put you time in.

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast