Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AM #110 : LRRS 6 Race Report - The Luxatio Erecta Weekend

AM #110 : LRRS 6 Race Report - The Luxatio Erecta Weekend

Got at the track on Th evening and stayed at Red Roof Inn.
    Track day Friday with Penguin was great, but my bike was acting up… Toward the end of Friday I changed my rear tire (which was almost down to the carcass). My goal for this weekend was to keep up with the AM group.
    Sat morning: I went out in Practice 1, changed my shifter from STD to GP and I could not get used to it. Between session, I changed it back to standard and went back out … Sat morning Practice 2 was great, but I was slow (comparing to the AM) … so slow that I did not pass even 1 bike in the whole session.

Sat Race 2: GTL
    Outlap: 1.32.0
    Best Lap: 1.26.4
    Josh gave some great pointers regarding GTL strategy and I applied them. Ended up 6 out of 10, warmed up and pretty excited about GTL. This is the type of race that I think every racer should do for the beginning of the racing weekend; it puts a good pace on the rest of the day. I was pleased with the results, pushing my break markers more and was very happy I finished it, thought got lapped twice by the EX.

Sat Race 9: AM LWSB
    Outlap: 1.29.6
    Best Lap: 1.25.4
    This was a great race. I got a great start and was behind #817(Lorna). I caught up to her in the 3rd lap and tried to pass her in T3 but she slowed down so much that I almost rear ended her and killed my drive. Next lap I was decided to pass her in T3 and I adjusted my drive in order to come out of T3 with a better drive than her. Did that, passed her in T4 and then she got me on the inside of T6 on the breaks … In order to do that she had to get out of the bowl wide and with almost no drive and I came back , passed her out if T7-T8. I got a weird like entering T9 (due to the pass) and Lorna got me on the inside of T9. She freaking gave me a heart attack coz I did not expect that and had to break in the transition between T9-T10 in order for her not to take out my front tire / me to tap / rear end her … 1-2 laps later we had a red flag and ended up 7 out of 11.
    It was a great race, and I learned lots the differences between racing with NOV and AM. I managed a below 1.30 outlap and a PB of 1.25.4

Sunday morning: I skipped practice 1 and went for practice 2 and did only 2-3 laps to warm up.

Sunday Race 1: AM Supertwins
    Outlap: 1.31.9
    Best Lap: 1.27.8
    I doubt I will do this race again unless I have an 848/ Panigale. I eneded up the last one and was getting frustrated that I could not even keep up with the Ducs or Savas.

Sunday Race 4: The Luxatio Erecta
    I wanted to finish in the middle of the pack in this race. Since I started riding motorcycles (spring of 2009) none of my bike had never ever been down, not even on the driveway. This race put an end to this and I had my 1st ever crash, which was 100% my fault. Got a decent start, was behind Brian #345. After the outlap in the 2nd lap I was catching up to him and went hot in T6, hot in T9 and was closing on him. Noticed his bike had a lower drive then mine out of T4 and on straight line. Went very hot in T11 … and disaster happened… could not take the turn and decided to go on the grass out of T11. I used the rear brake on the grass to slow me down (and it did) but right before I got back on the nascar oval my bike started to fishtail … once on the oval it high sided me and I landed on the belly; banged my helmet a little but stood up right away and did not lose consciousness . I was aware I was outside the racing line and wanted to go and get the bike .. but something was very wrong with my right arm .. got it dislocated. Ambulance took me to the ER in concord in less than 30 mins and they drugged me out pretty good and put it back. Apparently what I had was a very rare type of shoulder dislocation (luxation eracta – not a joke!). My arm bone was sitting on my scapula. I’d like to thank to the medical stuff (will bring you coffee and lunch in LRRS#7), to my gf who took care of me and had to heard me flirting with the nurses when I was all drugged up, to Scotty Greenwood who helped me put the bike on the trailer, to Serban, Brian, Roland and all the corner workers and oficials that make sure that we are safe on the track. Thank you all.

Hope I will be all healed up by LRRS#7 and race but if not, I will still be there !

Dan

PS One of the AM riders accused me on Saturday morning of some reckless riding. Buddy, it was not me. There more than one red bike in the garages, make sure you get the right number before you try to jump someone. My bike has on the undertail #110 and I also have #110 on my helmet.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by DanRo; 09-02-14 at 08:38 AM.
    LRRS AM #110 '02 SV650s
    Racing for: Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Sponsors: Woodcraft CFM, Armorbodies, Yoshimura, DP Brakes, Lucas Oil.

Re: AM #110 : LRRS 6 Race Report - The Luxatio Erecta Weekend

Nice write up. It was fun racing with you. Sorry about the crash, hopefully we will see you in October.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Glad you are alright buddy. you have got time but dont try and rush your recovery. dont wanna take the chance of doing more damage.

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Quote Originally Posted by DanRo View Post
    PS One of the AM riders accused me on Saturday morning of some reckless riding. Buddy, it was not me. There more than one red bike in the garages, make sure you get the right number before you try to jump someone. My bike has on the undertail #110 and I also have #110 on my helmet.
    listen rookie, dont get all high and mighty when someone with more experience tells you that your lines are off. they probably are. I'm seeing more and more of these new riders with a "not me, it's you" attitude. Maybe next practice, follow that rider and see what they're doing differently from you. You've got one weekend with yellow plates, and i'm sure it's probably you...and not them. They're not telling you to insult you, they're telling you to be safer for yourself and everyone around you. You've got like 3 race weekends under your belt and you've already twisted up that bike badly, from what i saw on the wrecker.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

You have two ears and 1 mouth for a reason. Convincing yourself that I'm not capable of identifying you correctly after racing with you the entire season is a real stretch.

I approached you as a friend, fellow racer and from an angle of care for your safety. What you do with the information I provided is on you.

I hope you're not too banged up and make a full recovery, crashing sucks.

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Great writeup! Sadly there were more than a few crashes this last round, sorry to hear that you were one of them. All things considered it sounds like you came out of it pretty well. You have a knack for analyzing your times so I am sure you will be gaining ground before you know it.

Good luck with the recovery and see you in October!

Quote Originally Posted by cdovego View Post
    You have two ears and 1 mouth for a reason. Convincing yourself that I'm not capable of identifying you correctly after racing with you the entire season is a real stretch.

I approached you as a friend, fellow racer and from an angle of care for your safety. What you do with the information I provided is on you.

I hope you're not too banged up and make a full recovery, crashing sucks.
    I appreciate your concern but what I was trying to tell you was that I did not pass Roland on the little bike (that is what u mentioned and I tried to tell you when I came to your garage). That is the reason why I do not think it was me. I listened to you and wanted to figure out/ correct what I was doing wrong but it did not sound like something that I was doing . After that I asked 4 experts that passed me/lapped me in races if I was doing anything sketchy and they told me no ...

If I do anything reckless I want you guys to tell me so I can fix it asap...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    listen rookie, dont get all high and mighty when someone with more experience tells you that your lines are off. they probably are. I'm seeing more and more of these new riders with a "not me, it's you" attitude. Maybe next practice, follow that rider and see what they're doing differently from you. You've got one weekend with yellow plates, and i'm sure it's probably you...and not them. They're not telling you to insult you, they're telling you to be safer for yourself and everyone around you. You've got like 3 race weekends under your belt and you've already twisted up that bike badly, from what i saw on the wrecker.
    Jim: I do not " dont get all high and mighty when someone with more experience tells you that your lines are off" because I know my lines are off. I always try to improve them and I am open to constructive feedback. I also am not trying to put the blame on someone else but #123 mentioned that I passed Roland on the blue little bike (#763 I think) and on the both Saturday practice sessions I did not pass one bike! -> that is the reason why I am SURE it was not me, and as I mentioned there is at least another bike that LOOKS very similar like mine and rider has a very similar suit/helmet that can be easily mistaken with me. I have #110 under the tail of the bike as well as (after the Sat Morning discussion) I put a big #110 behind my helmet to avoid any confusions.

Bike is in a good shape: right controls , frame sliders and exhaust are a little banged up. If I would have been operational, my bike would have been fixed and ridden in Thompson on Monday morning.

LRRS AM #110 '02 SV650s

whether it was you or a mistaken identity, you're wrong for getting all defensive. consider yourself lucky for having someone say something to you. we have a guy in MW that's so bad, he's been warned from officials to fix his lines or he's gone....he's had THAT many complaints on him.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

This is like arguing with a girl. I never said you passed Roland. Again, 2 ears - 1 mouth. Use the ears to their full potential and let the mouth take a break when receiving feedback. It's a skill that we can all improve.

I'll say no more, good luck.

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by DanRo View Post
    I appreciate your concern but what I was trying to tell you was that I did not pass Roland on the little bike (that is what u mentioned and I tried to tell you when I came to your garage). That is the reason why I do not think it was me. I listened to you and wanted to figure out/ correct what I was doing wrong but it did not sound like something that I was doing . After that I asked 4 experts that passed me/lapped me in races if I was doing anything sketchy and they told me no ...

If I do anything reckless I want you guys to tell me so I can fix it asap...

Jim: I do not " dont get all high and mighty when someone with more experience tells you that your lines are off" because I know my lines are off. I always try to improve them and I am open to constructive feedback. I also am not trying to put the blame on someone else but #123 mentioned that I passed Roland on the blue little bike (#763 I think) and on the both Saturday practice sessions I did not pass one bike! -> that is the reason why I am SURE it was not me, and as I mentioned there is at least another bike that LOOKS very similar like mine and rider has a very similar suit/helmet that can be easily mistaken with me. I have #110 under the tail of the bike as well as (after the Sat Morning discussion) I put a big #110 behind my helmet to avoid any confusions.

Bike is in a good shape: right controls , frame sliders and exhaust are a little banged up. If I would have been operational, my bike would have been fixed and ridden in Thompson on Monday morning.
    So what's the issue? I seem to be involved in this yet I'm not aware of it! I don't remember you passing me, but I do remember following you at some point. That doesn't mean you didn't pass me, it just means it wasn't sketchier than other passes from my point of view so it didn't leave an impression on me. The one thing I do remember is considering a pass on you outside of 11, but noticing you going a bit wide so I opted to stay behind and not jump the curb to complete the pass. (I did attempt that once to pass Jake Vader when he got caught in traffic there once, not something I recommend on a regular basis)

Anyway, my overall impression from what I can remember is that you looked like the typical "rookie amateur". You have a good idea where to go, but your lines could use a bit of refining here and there.

So, I'm interested in hearing more about this issue, since things can look very different from different perspectives.

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

English isn't Dan's first language, sometimes there are misunderstandings on his part.

That said, I was watching the races, and I could tell you were going to go down that day. You were crossed up, AND pushing too hard for your skill level, muscling the bike and your lines were... iffy from where I was sitting. It just looked like you were a little overwhelmed at the pace you were running (from the stands)

Every time you pick up pace and learn a new way to drop time, you're going to have to re-adjust all your reference points. Those take some refining, and it's easy to drop all the good habits (body position, throttle control, line selection) that are the building blocks of speed when your focus is 100% committed to riding 2 seconds a lap faster than you've been before and basically holding the bike on track.

The listening is what will help you advance. If you get feedback from another rider, positive or negative, take it gracefully, or you might not get any more.

Holy shit show over here

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Holy shit show over here
    Funny thing is that I seem to be in the middle of it and don't even know why!!!

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763

Quote Originally Posted by rolker View Post
    Funny thing is that I seem to be in the middle of it and don't even know why!!!
    Please, everything scandalous eventually traces back to you.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

I blame Roland. He is pretty sketchy.

It seems I was at fault after all (what can I do? - I am a stuberned guy!) ... Thanks to everyone who wrote on this tread, these will make me a better rider in 2015. One thing that Mark (thank you) said is very true - I was riding above my skill level, I pushed myself too much especially on Sunday.

After today's visit at the PCP, it seems that 1 month is not enough to recover; I will be in Loudon for LRRS #7 and be pit crew (tire warmers, umbrella girl, water etc). I will get the parts for the bike this week and have it ready and running for next year.

Thanks all,
    Dan

LRRS AM #110 '02 SV650s

Heal up dude. I have some parts if you want to not buy all new stuff

Great attitude Dan, heal up well. I'll be looking forward to dicing it with you next season.

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763

Quote Originally Posted by rolker View Post
    Great attitude Dan, heal up well. I'll be looking forward to dicing it with you next season.
    What, you'll be sporting white plates next year!

See... he's already starting MOAR shenanigans!

GTL = Gym Tan Laundry?