Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Am. 121 Round 1 2012

Am. 121 Round 1 2012

I did 3 races on Sat. and it was alot of fun. Cold, but still a good time. I had come up with the intention of doing fri. practice, but the wind and cold changed my mind and I decided to save my tires and just watch. I went out for practice on sat. morning and froze my hands while I tried to shake off the cob webs. I was riding on my new suspension/geometry setup, but never really went fast enough to notice any difference from stock. I just did a bunch of laps and tried to get back up to speed, but all the talk about cold tires put me in self-preservation mode so I never even dragged my knee. I slowly started to feel like I was getting faster, but in reality I was doing times similar to my 1st ever weekend racing last April.

Races:
    I did am. gtu, hwss, and mwgp. Got a crappy start in gtu because the starter didn't do his usual, "wave the flag before the 1 board is all the way over"... instead there was a slight delay so it threw me off. I was in 5th or 6th for the 1st lap or 2, but got passed by Brett and another guy which put me in 8th. I held on to that position till the end to finish 8th out of 11 finishers.

HWSS was the highlight of the weekend for me as far as the fun factor goes... I got a good start, ran as high as 3rd or 4th for a lap, then got passed by a couple. I was running in 7th ahead of Justin right till the end where he must have gotten a better drive onto the straight to snatch the checkered by a few bike lengths. I swore in my helmet as I crossed the finish line, but it's a lot of fun when the racing is close. I took another 8th out of 11 riders.

MWGP was wierd, and I got killed on the start. Basically I fell right to the back of the pack and stayed there the whole race, pulling off my slowest laps of the day. Mainly I think I just didn't want to crash w/all the spectators watching! I finished 12th, or "DFL".

Overall the weather just got to me psychologically and blew my plan to come out swingin' for the 1st round of the season. All the races were cut down by a few laps due to what Eric said was "tire temps were actually losing heat w/each lap"... It was awesome to get back on the track, and I had a ton of fun racing, but did times in the high 20's all day. The good was that there isn't a huge gap in time to the front runners, so this should make for some exciting racing as the weather warms up and we can all push it a little harder. I'll see if I can get into the top 5 for next weekend!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

Re: Am. 121 Round 1 2012

Glad to hear you made it through the first weekend unscathed, Brian. Tough temperatures to do anything productive. Hopefully next race weekend the weather cooperates a little more!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Brian
    15 S-Works Venge

This is better than crashing and burning because you pushed too hard. Better by a mile.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Yeah I just read about MMarsden's broken collarbone from first practice...

LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

Orly?!

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Nice job for a cold weekend to keep it on 2 wheels!

And good talking to you Saturday!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by lrrs313 View Post
    Tough temperatures to do anything productive.
    a lot of people were way off their game, I'm looking forward to a warmer May round

Last edited by brady; 04-30-12 at 06:32 AM.
    '02 SV650 street|woods|race LRRS #128

Luv u Bubbles u did good...

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

I am glad that you enjoyed your MWSS battle. IMO those are the best where you have someone to dice with the whole time...the actual positions be damned! Congrats on making it through a rough weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by PainfullySlow View Post
    I am glad that you enjoyed your MWSS battle. IMO those are the best where you have someone to dice with the whole time...the actual positions be damned! Congrats on making it through a rough weekend.
    I agree. if I'm having a good battle with someone and finish in the back I don't care as long as its fun.

Brian I hope that inside pass in 7 wasn't too rough. I just wanted to get by as quick as possible and I made sure to leave you plenty of room on the inside of 8. I enjoyed pulling it off though.

No Brett, all clean passes brother... took you longer than T3 like you predicted though.

LRRS am #121

Quote Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
    No Brett, all clean passes brother... took you longer than T3 like you predicted though.
    haha I forgot about that. Shawn needs to find it on the video and post it