Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

AM 151 Racey Report - GET WEIRD round 5

AM 151 Racey Report - GET WEIRD round 5

This was a fun weekend. It's so great to have a place to go and a garage I can call home. The Amsoil guys helped me out a ton this year with that. So this is my third race weekend, my second as an amateur and everything is just now starting to come together. The butterfly's are going away and my flow is starting to come to me. The classic, my first AM weekend was a bit overwhelming.

The weekend was full of PBs. I thing I got a tenth or so every race. I did both practices as usual. Then GTL to start the weekend. I like GTL. It's a good way to warm up for the weekend, shake the cobwebs off and get in the zone. I ended up falling into pace and riding on the rear tire or a faster SV. I passed him a few times only to loose my place on the straight. Oh well. 6th/ 9 of 1:24.9.

Next was LWGP don't remember much of it. 9/12. I think I got in some traffic and had trouble cutting through. There was a red flag I think and it screwed me up. 25.2

Sunday:

I got a hot tip to switch to a 46 sprocket from an expert and I had one so I did it and went out for our one practice. Sam Greenwood 228 passed me and it seemed like a good carrot so I wick it up and immediately I ended up loosing the rear in 3 and almost eat a front fender for breakfast when I hopped up. It was close. I forgot which racers stopped but thanks for not killing me. Mucho gracias.

3 races with the day start with LWSB. I don't really remember this race either. 24.9 7/14 getting better. I couldn't get around 938 Mike Wankums ducky. The thing was fast. I tried in 8 on the lap and almost went into the sandbox in 9. Whoops. No harm done but I didn't get the pass.

LWSS. Podiums MOFO! Braps! This is really the only race my stocker bike is not outgunned in. 3/12 Sav 508, Harlan 551 and Sam 228 were way ahead. I'd love to ride with those guys but they are on another level right now. I got a decent start and found myself behind Mike 938 again. I knew I had to do something early to get I front of him so on the second or third lap I went around the outside of 9 and got him. I saw 228 crashed and I knew that put me in third. The head went down and I rode my ride and looked back 5 or 6 laps later and saw no one and cruised to my first AM podium. Pumped!

Thunder bike. 6/8 I'm outgunned in this one for sure but it's a fun race anyway. I got behind Paul 651 and his fast 749 at first. I got him in 9 and put the head down again. When the white flag ca me out I looked behind and saw no yellow so I figured I'd cruise it in for the last lap of the day. That lap ended up being a 24.4 and my new PB. Open track not pushing and all alone. It's funny how that works.

All in all it was a great weekend. The wifey came out for the whole weekend and was a real champ about sleeping in the trailer and it was great to see and race with everyone. I can't wait for two weeks to go by. It's all starting to click and I feel like it will be another great weekend. I know I got maybe another half second if I can string together the right lap but beyond that it's hard to say without some work or a carrot to chase. Some changes with the bike may be in order too. I'll have to poke a round and see what others are running. Here's to hopping for good racing and low lap times! Thanks everyone.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by maxim_X; 08-18-14 at 08:30 PM.
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Re: AM 151 Racey Report - GET WEIRD round 5

Congrats in the PBs and the podiums. You really are developing incredibly fast. Very happy to have known you prior to racing.

You will get more podiums for sure.

My best weekends are when I have family and friends up there. Make the wifey come up every weekend if posisble haha.

See you in like 10 days lol

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Amazing progress. Keep the faith, that stock SV will do quite a bit when you set your mind to it =)

Thank you. Turn 3 is really throwing me so I'm thinking of doing some front end upgrades, and more power couldn't hurt anything but that won't be until next year. I'm a fat ass so the stock front may underperform with a slower lap time for me compared to others. A lightweight battery couldn't hurt either.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube