Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

AM 220 Rd 4 Make the best of it.......

AM 220 Rd 4 Make the best of it.......

Let me start off by saying I had fun even with what happened. Friday got up to the track in the early evening after waiting in Bos traffic. Get everything set up and when I wake up Sat am hearing the rain, I look out and see my EZ up bent to hell already, It just folded in on itself.... PFFTTTTTTT.......what a piece. Anyway, Jerry rig and tie down even more secure. Go out for am practice and I found that if I wasn't in the right gear then I was in big trouble. So I go out for Race 2 and get 9th. I ran into the problem of not being in the right gear after working pretty hard to catch up to guys and then having the sv just bog down big time.

Race 6- I crash in turn 3 on lap 6 I believe. Couldn't tell you how it happened but it low sided and I bounced right up. I thought my day was done but the corner workers told me I just had a bent footpeg so I put helmet and gloves back on and finished. Bike seemed okay.

Sun Practice- I felt really good out there and made sure to practice and keep a mental note of what gear I was in. GTL rolls around and I get another horrible start and work my way up to 11th or 10th and have a battle with Lorna Murphy. Passed her with 2 laps to go, but what do ya know..... I am in the wrong gear again and she passes me no prob. How excruciating....

On the way home sunday, I get a shredded tire at exit 4 south bound on 93 and have to get a tow. Thank god I had tripple A+

Anyway, I need to attend a penguin school and get retooled. My starts are horrible and looking at the AM races you see we are all so close together with a sec or two separating 12 racers. No PB's, just matched it. back to the drawing board I guess. Thanks to Tyler and Doug Tsan-terre for letting me use their warmer as chicken hawk didn't have my rear ready. My Wife and I had a damn good time pitting next to everybody and can't wait to see everyone in Sept.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    AM#220

99 cbr 900 street
    02 sv 650 race

Re: AM 220 Rd 4 Make the best of it.......

Was a great weekend - always good seeing you Link!

Don't worry about the PB - you looked good out there. The times will come.

Glad the crash wasn't worse and you were able to finish out the weekend! Sucks about the shredded tire!! Guess it could have been worse - you had AAA and nobody got hurt.

Take the advanced Penguin class - get that gearing sorted out and you'll be in the teens...

~that which doth not kill me can only make me stronger~

LRRS / CCS - #103

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Glad you had fun and dont sweat the times, speed will come. Once you get your shift points down solid you wont need to worry so much about your gearing and things will start to fall into place.

Man it was good to see you this weekend Link! It had been a while! Sorry to hear about the off and glad the bike and you were ok. Look forward to seeing you again!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Man it was good to see you this weekend Link! It had been a while! Sorry to hear about the off and glad the bike and you were ok. Look forward to seeing you again!
    Your getting damn fast Bro. I can see teens in your future, and one day you may even give new meaning to the name PRE TEEN.

AM#220

99 cbr 900 street
    02 sv 650 race