Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

am #221 round 5 report-ish

am #221 round 5 report-ish

had an amazing weekend and just wanted to recap briefly,

saturday race 4 hw ss.
    gridded a few rows back as Its only my third amature weekend and i have crap for points. get a good start and come into turn 1 in 3rd behind justin and mike, get passed by brad at the exit of one and he slams the door hard on me in 2 when i try to take it back, hang with them for a few laps then brad decides to drop a 16 and checks out a bit. place 4th and was happy with it.

race 7 unlimited gp.

again gridded in the back for lack of points this time nail the start, come into turn one at the head of the pack (what an amazing feeling that is) put my head down and dont look back until last lap i enter 12 and BANG theres brad, straight lines 12 into me after im tipped in, i stand it up and run across the grass, somehow keeping it upright, him and clarky we're apparently in a heated battle in a different race in the same wave and caught up to me as my brakes were fading bad. i take the checkered in first and have my first amature win. I may or may not have stood up a wheelie from 5 to the entrance of 6 i was so thrilled.

sunday race 5 unlimited superbike;

new brake pads and a totally new compound had me all over the place trying to figure out how to use them, got a good start came out of turn 2 in 5th, someone almost highsided in 12 right infront of me (blue 848 i think) and i passed tyler somewhere, ended up 3rd

sunday race 11

same thing, good start, then chased justin, brad, mike, and rode mr santerre's ass the entire race and could not get by him, so my worst finish of the weekend was 5th. not to shabby,

thanks to everyone at the track who looks out for me. savvas being my topless umbrella girl, clay for the cigarettes and great banter, everyone in center9 10 and of course boston moto for teaching me how to get to 17's within 2 years of my first trip down hot pit at a track day. very grateful for how well my rookie season is going. looking forward to 16's and hopefully passing brad and clarky one of these days

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by k_cotter; 08-20-13 at 03:04 AM.
    Lrrs/ccs expert #221
    1812 paint and body, www.thiefindustries.com, Choate Tree Service,
    Addrenaline Cycle, Swansea Ma, Townsend Computer Technologies, "Innovation in imaging"

Re: am #221 round 5 report-ish

I got you booboo! Great to see you doing amazing times and most important having fun.
    And of course I'm happy you decided to stop crashing! Now put a fucking shock on that bike and go become an expert already.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

great job out there man. you're definitely looking good and coming up fast. this weekend was a blast!

looking forward to some great battles at the end of the year.....maybe without the contact, haha

i'm gonna upload some videos tonight and i'll send them your way.

LRRS #313

Impressive

Nice job keith!

Glad i could keep you behind me at the end of the day on Sunday! I knew you would be right on me!

Like you, i was content seeing consistent 18s. Looks like we'll have to push for consistent 17s to keep Brad and Mikey in check!

~that which doth not kill me can only make me stronger~

LRRS / CCS - #103

It will be nice when I (hopefully) come back to racing and all of you are experts... that way I can continue to be best of the worst while you guys have graduated to worst of the best

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

if you have dreams of ROTY I suggest you ask for expert when you feel you are ready.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    if you have dreams of ROTY I suggest you ask for expert when you feel you are ready.
    I was curious about that, seems like a hard prize to win on a mw

Lrrs/ccs expert #221
    Addrenaline Cycle, Swansea Ma, Townsend Computer Technologies, "Innovation in imaging"

Quote Originally Posted by k_cotter View Post
    I was curious about that, seems like a hard prize to win on a mw
    not necessarily. my rookie year the kid that won it did his first round in August and was expert for the following April was on a MW. its really no different doing it on a MW than any other bike.

but lets look at who else would be in the running. Savvas maybe is in running. I'm just scrolling through the Amateur overall right now looking for names I think started as novice this year. Doug Cooke is the highest I can see that started this year. he's on a LW and currently has the most points of any AM that started this year unless I'm mistaken. Chris Mackin is also ahead of you but I'm not sure how they factor in someone who races years ago and had to start all over again.

rulebook says top 5 finishes get you points in AM and top 10 in expert.

So I think you're in the running. why not shoot for it. you wanna get to expert anyway right? you're improving quickly so I think if you keep going the way you are they are gonna try to bump you after the year anyway.

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Grats on the weekend guy and your first AM win sounds like it was a successful weekend for the NESRians in the center garages this weekend!!!

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

not necessarily. my rookie year the kid that won it did his first round in August and was expert for the following April was on a MW. its really no different doing it on a MW than any other bike.

but lets look at who else would be in the running. Savvas maybe is in running. I'm just scrolling through the Amateur overall right now looking for names I think started as novice this year. Doug Cooke is the highest I can see that started this year. he's on a LW and currently has the most points of any AM that started this year unless I'm mistaken. Chris Mackin is also ahead of you but I'm not sure how they factor in someone who races years ago and had to start all over again.

rulebook says top 5 finishes get you points in AM and top 10 in expert.

So I think you're in the running. why not shoot for it. you wanna get to expert anyway right? you're improving quickly so I think if you keep going the way you are they are gonna try to bump you after the year anyway.
    It's not solely based on points... they have awarded it in the past to people who didn't have the most points.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

But when you go to expert you lose your AM points

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    But when you go to expert you lose your AM points
    Correct but roty is based on aggregate points, not your points in your level.

Either way, like I said, they don't always use points (Jim and Brett's year)

They also don't define a "rookie" rider (my year someone who did their rookie race the year before won).

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

According to my understanding you need to get your license and compete on the same year. So Keith definitely classifies for that! Points don't seem to be so important though you are right.

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

I just need a bump to AM and for Savas to skip a round of racing and I should be in the running for Rookie of the Year.

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

yeah points aren't the sole factor but this year the rulebook more clearly defines a points system than in years past. I think its more to show who is riding well making good improvement. either way if you get to expert in your first year I think that gives you a leg up on the competition if they don't go to experts and the points system they defined also suggests that. so I still think the few guys I listed should be near the top of the list currently. if I'm missing anyone that could be up there also I apologize.

Doug Cooke is the highest I can see that started this year. he's on a LW and currently has the most points of any AM that started this year
    Yeah but that guy is slow and hasn't won any races. Plus his bike looks like hell. And he's old.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Ill bump as soon as i can, but I'd really miss battling with brad clarky and Tyler though, maybe we'll all bump and wrastle with white plates

Lrrs/ccs expert #221

my.nhms.com got a little makeover today. the rookie standings actually have info now. Keith you're on top with 102 points with Cody Baudette in second at 96 and Scott Settino third with 92

edit: that info doesn't make a lot of sense since its seems to be listing just Novice stuff and not even all of it for some people cause I know Settino has a lot of NV points

Last edited by CBR929RE; 08-21-13 at 11:29 AM.

my.nhms.com got a little makeover today. the rookie standings actually have info now. Keith you're on top with 102 points with Cody Baudette in second at 96 and Scott Settino third with 92

edit: that info doesn't make a lot of sense since its seems to be listing just Novice stuff and not even all of it for some people cause I know Settino has a lot of NV points
    Yeah looks like that just lists points earned in the actual "rookie" class....which doesn't make much sense.

LRRS #313

Quote Originally Posted by WinVT View Post
    Yeah looks like that just lists points earned in the actual "rookie" class....which doesn't make much sense.
    since it looks like they're updating stuff maybe they're just getting that thing working. seems like it would be a tough undertaking since its difficult for the system to pick out who they should be grouping together without being told specific people to gather info for.

Well I think I should win. I have a shit ton of points and still ride like a rookie. Think that about covers all the bases

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Slowpoke387; 08-21-13 at 10:08 PM.
    LRRS #387

Settino had his first weekend as AM! He did very well and did a lot of races.

Here's the video from HWSB where I almost take you out in the second to last lap.

LRRS #313

Whoa! Welcome to front of the AM pack there, Cotter!!! hahaha nice vid brad

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast