Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AM 331 round 5

AM 331 round 5

got about 3 hours sleep if that friday night/saturday morning because of work. Got to the track and changed my front tire and got a new Ballistic battery from S&C to fit my new subframe. that thing is light as hell, I think its listed as 1.1lbs. get teched. Miss both practices which sucked because I wanted at least 1 to make sure the bike was good after all the work I had to do to fix it after a crash a couple weeks ago.

GTU
    well time to see if the bike is good and how I deal with hitting the brakes for T1. I decide to just take it easy and ride more like its a track day session than a race and not care if I get passed. finished what I thought was last but turns out it was 8th of 9 because 187 Justin Torres was listed in 9th so he must have had a problem because I know he was ahead of me off the start. Did some 22s and 23s for the last half of the race so I was pretty happy because it felt like a Sunday cruise. The bike felt great, better than before because of all the weight savings and the new (used) front tire. Only problem I found with not having a power commander now is on/off throttle is really abrupt but its smooth everywhere else, good old Honda engine.

HWSS
    Was still dead tired so I was just gonna putt around and work on not braking much and flowing through the corners since it worked out pretty well in GTU. Finished 10 of 12 and ran more 22s so I was happy.

MWGP
    felt a little less tired after sitting and resting for awhile but still not looking forward to 12 laps. red flag cause of the rain pile up from those supposed Experts. I was happy that the decision to move the race to Sunday was left to the riders. I think it was a good choice.

Sunday
    skipped first practice cause it looked shitty out and sure enough everyone said the track condition sucked. got out for second practice and tried to get some speed. I think my best was a 26 wtf, I thought I was going decent.

MWSS
    rain started before the riders meeting so I decided to slap on the rain wheels with the help of my awesome garagemates. gridded on pole for this one. flag drops and I'm going into T1 with Roger Ealy Jr ahead of me and someone trying to come around the outside. I said to myself fuck this guy, this is the best start I've ever gotten and I'm holding it. Roger squeaks out a little gap and we run 1-2 for 4 laps and apparently had a huge lead on everyone else. funny part is my out lap was faster than the next 2 laps. how I managed that I don't know. Right after the halfway mark the red flag flies so I think sweet I just took second but no they call us back to pregrid and ask if we wanna restart or call it done. I wanted it done cause it was basically dry now and I knew I wouldn't get that kind of start again. I guess most people were on DOTs so we go again for 5 more laps. mother fuckers the rule book says after halfway its done so I'm kinda pissed and I don't wanna destroy my rain tires. finished 8th of 12th so not bad. but running rains in the dry is awful, you can feel every tread block of the front tire especially under braking. I didn't destroy them though so I'm happy with that. How Ealy managed a 22 with them I don't know.

MWGP part deux
    with some help we got the wheels swapped again. can't thank my garagemates enough, they came through.
    off we go and I hear this Duc behind me all the way till T12 when he barges his way through fucking me for the straight. Damn you Boosh, that was a good pass though. He still didn't pull on me even with that built 848 and no drive from me. I love my weight advantage. I tried to hang with him but he inched away and made his way past other people quicker than I could. Finished 10th of 13 with a best laptime of 1:20.9. ok this is getting better.

MWSB
    632 Brendan Tanner, 911 David Olivares and me spent pretty much the whole race the same distance apart from each other, 50ft maybe. it kind of felt like we were all stuck right in the low 1:21s. I don't know what happened to 187 Justin Torres, and 183 Josh Gallusser crashed so I was given 2 spots to finish 8th.

good news from this weekend is the bike is riding pretty damn good with the one exception being the on/off throttle fueling but no big deal there. I also was using the brakes a lot less this weekend and riding pretty close to the lap times I normally run so I feel its setting me up for some improvement later.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by CBR929RE; 08-12-12 at 10:25 PM.

Re: AM 331 round 5

Brett Im too tired to look at your other reports but you usually finish better than that right?
    Glad to hear the bike is running well. Let me know how that battery works for you.
    See ya in a couple weeks bud

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Nice job dude! It's always hard to try to shake off the jitters the first time after coming back from a crash. And this weekends weather didn't help the mental state at all. You'll get em next weekend tigah!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Good job shaking it off Brett!

CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Brett Im too tired to look at your other reports but you usually finish better than that right?
    Glad to hear the bike is running well. Let me know how that battery works for you.
    See ya in a couple weeks bud
    yeah I usually finish midpack not back of the pack. I think it was also that overall the pace of everyone else was up this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Nice job dude! It's always hard to try to shake off the jitters the first time after coming back from a crash. And this weekends weather didn't help the mental state at all. You'll get em next weekend tigah!
    yup. I was so cautious braking for T1 that it pretty much changed the way I rode. I think it kind of worked out though. Usually I would drop 2 gears down to 2nd into T1 and hold that through T2. This weekend I tried just staying in 3rd through there to carry a little more speed and it seemed to work pretty well. I need to get my lap timer fixed or get a new one to really determine how much it changed things. I shoulda just stuck it on to see if it works but I never bothered.

You only hit 4th on the front straight?

If that's true you might want to regear.

i had you in my sight in that wet/dry/whatever race on sunday

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Sounds like you did pretty well overall. You got your times dropped and managed to stay on two wheels despite adverse and changing weather conditions. Honestly thats a win in my book. As I have to remind myself often, they cant all be great weekends but this is far from the worst. Use this as motivation and come back with a vengeance next round =)

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    You only hit 4th on the front straight?

If that's true you might want to regear.
    if I could get on the gas sooner out of 12 I'd hit 5th. sometimes I just bounce it off the limiter for a second rather than make the upshift only to go right back down. I could change gearing but the bigger problem is me not ripping it open like I should. but I have noticed I can get away with doing a lot less shifting than guys on R6s and some GSXRs because I have more midrange than them. I see guys making downshifts into 6 and upshifts in 8 then downshifts into 9 all while I stay in third right on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    yeah in the second part after the restart and I still finished ahead of you.

Was that the second race? I was in hot pit and wondered why I saw so many bikes riding through all of the puddles.

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    Was that the second race? I was in hot pit and wondered why I saw so many bikes riding through all of the puddles.
    that was race 1 (MW SS). the track was wet, until the restart. frency, me, and brett kept looking for puddles to keep our rain tires cool.

EX 105

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    that was race 1 (MW SS). the track was wet, until the restart. frency, me, and brett kept looking for puddles to keep our rain tires cool.
    yeah as Jim said it was actually race 1 but it looked like 2 since it was a restart. It was funny watching a bunch of us practically ride the wall down hot pit so we could go through the puddles. sucks there weren't any out on track to give us an advantage though.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    if I could get on the gas sooner out of 12 I'd hit 5th. sometimes I just bounce it off the limiter for a second rather than make the upshift only to go right back down. I could change gearing but the bigger problem is me not ripping it open like I should. but I have noticed I can get away with doing a lot less shifting than guys on R6s and some GSXRs because I have more midrange than them. I see guys making downshifts into 6 and upshifts in 8 then downshifts into 9 all while I stay in third right on them.
    Ya that's what I do but that's because I do t know how to do it the right way

Glad to see you got everything back together in time. For a while it sounded like it was going to be close... It was good to see you smiling during the awards on Saturday and I'm glad your "off" didn't set you back.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Glad to see you got everything back together in time. For a while it sounded like it was going to be close... It was good to see you smiling during the awards on Saturday and I'm glad your "off" didn't set you back.
    yeah it was cut as close as it could be. I finished the bike right before having to go to work friday night. gotta do some more work now since the brackets I made for the exhaust broke. they were kind of a last minute hack job anyway but I made them work for the weekend.

I was at the track, I'll always be happy being there even if I'm not running as good as I know I can.

Last edited by CBR929RE; 08-13-12 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Glad to see you got everything back together in time.
    +1

Good round shaking off the crash. Sounds like you're getting back on track and prepped for a solid Round 6.

Retired LRRS/CCS EX #212 | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Dainese USA |

i'm still impressed how quickly we did your and frenchy's wheel swaps between the end of race 1 and race 2A

EX 105

team work

Shit Corey says:
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarider102 View Post
    I think that a smooth motor would help me be a bit smoother

Nice comeback round, especially with the weather. I don't know how some of you do it with that little sleep! Actually, I remember those days...barely.

'02 SV650 street|woods|race LRRS #128

brett, i want your goal for round 6 to be...staying behind me.

EX 105

i'm still impressed how quickly we did your and frenchy's wheel swaps between the end of race 1 and race 2A
    me too. I still even had time to sit down for a couple minutes and have a drink. can't thank you guys enough, its great having good people around.

Quote Originally Posted by brady View Post
    Nice comeback round, especially with the weather. I don't know how some of you do it with that little sleep! Actually, I remember those days...barely.
    I don't know how I pulled this one off also. Saturday night I coulda went to bed at 6 but I forced myself to stay up till 9 just so I wouldn't have been up at like 2-3am. I gotta figure out how much vacation/sick time I have so I can determine if I can take off the friday before the next round from work. if not I'm gonna cheat and go in early so I can finish a little earlier.

brett, i want your goal for round 6 to be...staying behind me.
    lol. that will never be my goal

AM 331 round 5

1 quick note on MWSS: The entire field has to complete the halfway lap. I was in turn 10 when the ted flag came out and there were 2 am amatuers ahead in turn 11 that did not complete lap 4. That's why we had to restart and do 5 laps. Believe me, I tried to get it called complete to save my rains but that was the deal and it was by the book. All in all sounds like you had a good weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottg22 View Post
    1 quick note on MWSS: The entire field has to complete the halfway lap. I was in turn 10 when the ted flag came out and there were 2 am amatuers ahead in turn 11 that did not complete lap 4. That's why we had to restart and do 5 laps. Believe me, I tried to get it called complete to save my rains but that was the deal and it was by the book. All in all sounds like you had a good weekend.
    Good to know. Thanks for the clarification.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast