Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

AM 331 round 5

Re: AM 331 round 5

Quote Originally Posted by Scottg22 View Post
    1 quick note on MWSS: The entire field has to complete the halfway lap. I was in turn 10 when the ted flag came out and there were 2 am amatuers ahead in turn 11 that did not complete lap 4. That's why we had to restart and do 5 laps. Believe me, I tried to get it called complete to save my rains but that was the deal and it was by the book. All in all sounds like you had a good weekend.
    ahh good to know. I knew the whole field hadn't completed it because I got it at the end of the straight and the start/finish flagger only had the halfway sign out. only amateurs that had crossed at that point were me and Ealy Jr. there were also 2 EXs somewhere behind us too.

I'm still happy they asked us. that was cool of them. rulebook or not its nice that they gave us the option. this one just didn't go the way I wanted like MWGP did.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by CBR929RE; 08-14-12 at 12:02 AM.

All the MW races this weekend were great (as always), I always try to keep an eye on you guys as the bikes are easy to spot. After this weekend I know, first hand, how hard it is to shake off a front straight crash, good work.

I'm also quite surprised by 4th gear down the front straight...I thought 5th was extremely common, but what do I know, I haven't ridden a 600 in some time.

Good catching up this weekend, see ya in September.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    All the MW races this weekend were great (as always), I always try to keep an eye on you guys as the bikes are easy to spot. After this weekend I know, first hand, how hard it is to shake off a front straight crash, good work.

I'm also quite surprised by 4th gear down the front straight...I thought 5th was extremely common, but what do I know, I haven't ridden a 600 in some time.

Good catching up this weekend, see ya in September.
    I think 5th gear is the norm. we'll see how the rest of the year goes before I decide if I'm to change gearing. I think on a motard you gotta get your gearing right on for where you're running or you'll be losing tons of time. on a bigger bike you get more of a range as to what works. and its still dependent on which bike you're on. The R6 has nothing in the low and middle rpm range where my Honda makes smooth power all the way up. My bike is above 40ft/lbs of torque from 8500-14000rpm.

Chalk it up to a shake down weekend. And a good one. It was definitely a weather and tire game type of weekend.

LRRS 878 Clapped out Gixxah

Quote Originally Posted by wiggeywackyo View Post
    Chalk it up to a shake down weekend. And a good one. It was definitely a weather and tire game type of weekend.
    I think sometimes it reads like I'm a little harsh on myself and I kind of am but I'm still happy with how the weekend went. I was pretty much only about a second off in consistency from where I was the weekend before and coming back from a pretty good crash.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12