Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

AM #345 Round 2

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

AM #345 Round 2

Had an amazing weekend of racing, 4 races and 4 podiums!! Showed up plenty early on friday to set up and be able to relax and get to bed relatively early.

Sat started late. I decided to stay in bed a bit longer than I usually do and skip the first practice. Second practice was showing scattered showers so I just went out for a few laps to get a feel for the bike and find my groove. Only once race on sat in the afternoon, LWGP.

LWGP: I missed this race at Round 1 due to my crash in T6 so started from dead last in 12th. The flag went off and I got an incredible start that catapulted me into the lead going thru T1. Stayed there for a couple laps until John Dorans Jr ‪#‎109X‬ got by me and we stayed there the rest of the race with some close battling but I couldnt get by and finished in 2nd.
    Sun was a beautiful day right from the start. With track temps between 90-100 degrees it was good and sticky. 3 races on Sun, hope I dont run out of steam.

Woke up on time on Sunday to get the front tire on my bike swapped out and get some fresh PIRELLI rubber on it. Turned out tho that my reserved tire was needed elsewhere and I was able to pick up a mostly new takeoff to get thru the weekend.

LWSB: Started from pole position and got the hole shot into T1 the #613 of Doug Cooke got by me after my muffler fell off coming over T5 and i was assessing what had happened to my bike and why it had just gotten so loud all of a sudden. We fought neck and neck through lap traffic before I finished behind him in 2nd. (Got the muffler back and secured it to the bike better)

Thunderbike: Started from third, Rich O'Connor was MIA from the 2nd grid spot, Got the holeshot again and held 1st for a while before Doug and Kris Hopkins made it by and I got hung up in lap traffic before catching up to the back of them but finishing 3rd.

LWSS: This is the race that I really care about the most. started from 2nd on the grid. got squeezed out off the start by merging traffic and had to check up on the brakes to avoid an incident. came out of T2 in 5th and was determined not to stay there for the rest of the race! was able to work my way up to the lead through the first half of the race and was able to use lap traffic to help keep the guys trying to chase me down at bay. Was expecting Kris Hopkins to make a big push to get by on the last lap and was able to pass the 2 Nov leaders into T3 the hold Kris up and crossed the line in first for my first ever AM win!! A great finish to a successful weekend.
    Huge thanks for the support from Erin Snow and my BT1R teammates, RSP Racing, ECK Racing, MTAG/PIRELLI, and all of our sponsors Woodcraft CFM/Armourbodies, The Penguin Racing School, DP Brakes, Shorai Batteries, Race Tech, Lucas Oil

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Re: AM #345 Round 2

Good weekend for you B.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Great weekend for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by GingahNinjah View Post
    LWSS: This is the race that I really care about the most. started from 2nd on the grid. got squeezed out off the start by merging traffic and had to check up on the brakes to avoid an incident. came out of T2 in 5th and was determined not to stay there for the rest of the race!
    Thanks for not making a pileup, sorry if I pinched you at all. I was gridded in 1D and was happy to get a killer start and the holeshot! I held it for all of three turns... someone took me into T3.

I keep getting these great starts but then going backwards in the race lol.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Lifer

Sorry Kris. You're welcome Brian.

Heyo, merging traffic right here! I thought I was clear of you on the start, I will keep a straight line going forward. Ridiculous fun battling all weekend, let's do it again soon! Good job avoiding cones too.

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post
    Good job avoiding cones too.
    Dunno if you noticed but the cones on the inside of T2 are now laid down with standing cones behind them. yay lol

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt