Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

AM #365 Round 4 Race Report

AM #365 Round 4 Race Report

I came into this round with the bike at about 95% after a hard crash in the Classic. I actually did not feel like I was mentally affected by the crash in round 3, but clearly something was wrong as I struggled to do 25s all weekend and was riding a bit sketchy.

GTL

My usual race buddy Roland #240 was out, so I figured I would be dicing with Colin #782 and Dan #110 most of the race. This turned out not to be the case, as literally everyone ran away from me at the start. Colin, Dan, Lorna, and newcomers Steph, Isaac, and Gary all disappeared in front of me in short order. I had a lonely race doing mostly 26s and 27s until Isaac ran out of steam and I caught him near the end.

Best lap 1:25.3, Finish 16/21

LWGP

Started a little better in this one, but again ended up running mostly 26s and 27s. I decided to stop blipping my downshifts this round, which makes a huge difference and I am now a believer in no-blipping. I was playing with my pre-turn and line into 1, pre-turning/braking much later. Around lap 6 or 7, I made my real input for T1 and ended up pointed straight at the inside curbing. Both wheels and something hard hit the curb, and I got some air headed straight for the near curbing of 1a. I managed to save it without running off into 1a, but had to check up hard while the train of Larry, Noel, Dan, and Colin passed me. Super fun race for me, but it was the start of some sketchy riding on my part. Sorry to scare the shit out of everyone behind me for my curb hop.

Best lap 1:24.9, Finish 18/22

LWSB

I spent the whole race chasing Isaac in this one. Eventually caught up to him on lap 7 but couldn’t make the pass. I blew 6 and 9 trying to set up on the outside on the last lap, and knew I would have to go for it in 11. I set up on the outside again and tried to squeeze by on the outside before tip-in, but we floated wide and I ended up riding over the outside curb on the right before 11. Had a big moment on the other side, but managed to keep it out of the grass. Now off the line going through 11, I looked back to see Steph and Colin a few bike lengths back, and decided not to check up for 11a. Took 11a/12 slow and gear high after missing my downshift going over the curb, and clicked a downshift after getting it pointed down the front straight. Put my head down and went for it, and just when I thought I might keep my position, Steph flew by at the line to beat me by a tenth. Balls! Another fun race, another sketchy ending.

Best lap 1:25:0, finish 18/23

LWSS

Got the best start of my life and came out of T2 in, I think, 6th. At some point JC passed me and I thought it would be good fun to try to keep up with him. I pooshed veddy ‘ard, and on the third lap going into T3, I grabbed 100% brake pressure going across the painted line at the start of the chute. I’m not sure if it was the paint, the bumps, or just the hard brake grab, but I locked the front wheel and went down hard on my left side. Sky, ground, repeat, repeat, repeat. I immediately knew I had broken my collarbone. Balls.

Now for the most important part. Big thanks to the corner workers and EMTs for keeping me safe and maintaining an impressive level of professionalism while we all do stupid things in front of them. Huge, huge thanks to my Center 8 garagemates and to Chris (carbonzx10) for packing up all my shit while I was at the hospital. Big thanks to Ryan (DeskJockey) for saving me a $500 ambulance ride and managing the logistical nightmare of figuring out how to get me and all my shit back to RI. Super, super big thanks to Jeannine and Matt #414 for driving my van back to RI and unloading the bike and trailer for me. I owe you guys, big time. Also thanks to everyone who has reached out with well-wishes, and to Doug (carsick) and Dan (DanRo) for coaching me on what to expect with a collarbone injury. One final big thanks to Woodcraft for helping me stay in the game despite crashing my motorcycle every time I ride the damn thing. Sorry to everyone I missed, I’m not sure who helped with what while I was at the hospital but thanks just the same!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: AM #365 Round 4 Race Report

Heal up quick dude. Let me know if you need anything or if I can help somehow.

And don't poosh veddy ard again. That's what I do.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Heal up quick!

For LWSS you were indeed in 6th through T1-T2. It was a fun start to watch!

LRRS AM #860

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Heal up quick dude. Let me know if you need anything or if I can help somehow.
    This. Heal up bud.

It was fun racing you this weekend. Look forward to doing it again.

The T1 curb hop was entertaining. Glad it didn't go any worse. My first thought was "oh shit, here goes Pete". My second thought was "pass the sumbitch now!". You stuck to your "line" more or less and it was all good from my perspective.

Last edited by nhbubba; 07-31-15 at 09:47 AM.

Shitty ending to what sounded like a good start! Heal up as everyone said - collarbone breaks sucks like no other!

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Heal up buddy! good weekend. sucks about the collarbone, Ive been there.

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Heal up man! I don't know much about a broke colar bone, but racing injuries do suck. I come by after but you were already gone. I isn't realize that I was involved, even if it was just a little.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Lifer

I know this was from practice.. but.. HA! You look fuuuunny.

https://racingislife.smugmug.com/201...-4/i-z6RH9bH/A

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!