Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Am 820 Rada does the Classic

Am 820 Rada does the Classic

The 2012 Loudon Classic was my first Classic. I rolled into town Thursday night and set up camp in South Garage 2. First order of business was to roll over and see MTAG and get a new set of Pirelli Diablo Supercorsas installed. Thanks guys.

Friday:
    AM LW GP. I was gridded on the second row. I got a half decent launch and come out of T1 in decent position. I put my head down and made a couple passes and was given a couple gifts. Thanks Brett for not quite hitting the wall. It was way easier passing you than if you had stayed on line. Once I made my way to second place I found that Chris Rau was long gone. I had 19s on my mind so I put my kicked it up a notch and went after it. Bad move. I came through T12 about as fast as I ever have and dragged a foot peg on exit. Whooops. I spun the rear and tossed it away. After a little slide and somersault I came to rest right in the line. Time to roll. I booked it for the infield and took cover.

The race was not a total loss. I managed a new PB. 1:20.000. O so close to a 19. Oh well.
    By the time I got back to my pits after a nice visit to the infield care center my pals from Eck and RSP were already working on my bike. Thanks guys. We got the bike back in order for Saturdays action.

Saturday:
    Practice revealed that my shifting was not right. I would miss shifts into 4th and 5th. Oh Joy.
    AM LWSS : Pretty un-eventfull. I got an OK start and settled into a decent pace. I spent much of the race trying to figure out how to go fast with the messed up shifting. I finished up in 5th place. I don’t remember much about the race. I was too distracted.
    AM F40 LW. KB beat us all. That’s it. P2

Saturday night we stayed up until 11:00 working on the shifting issue. I thought we had it fixed until Sunday morning practice. Better but not perfect. Still missing into 4th.

Oh Sunday:
    I decided it would be fun to enter AM MW SS.
    I gridded in Row 5. Whoa. The front row seemed pretty far away.
    I got a great jump on the flag drop and rolled out of T1 in about 7th or 8th place. Woohoo it’s on now. I made a pass in t2 and another in t9 only to get dusted on the front straight. I eventually faded to 11th but had so much fun. Even if I was giving up 40 HP to the other guys I think I might do it again.

Overall it was a fantastic weekend of racing and hanging fun with my pals.

My sweet wife Wendy came up to watch and help out. Thanks so much for your support. I could not do this without my best friend Emma. She is so much help. She really makes the racing fun. Not to mention that she is an ace with a PitBull Stand. I also need to thank all of those that helped me get my bike back together. Especially Chuck Boucher for loaning me a master cylinder to replace the one that I broke. Mike Weyant and Lou Peck for coming to see me in the infield care center. The Chaplin for the golf cart ride back in my skivvies. Kevin Russell, Gino and all else who lent a hand in sorting things out with the shifting. Lastly Thanks to Dave Oliveras and JettaJay for being cool ass garage mates.

Oh. And we followed it up with two great days with Tony’s Track Days. Emma got to ride and rode like a pro.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Rada; 06-21-12 at 07:16 PM.

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Re: Am 820 Rada does the Classic

Way to go Rada. I am kinda scared to say that white plates are going to be coming your way. I believe that 1:20.000 is enough to qualify...

Congrats on the new PB!

As far as you know, you actually made teens. 1:19:9995 rounds to 1:20:000, so you're all good.

Sorry to hear about the trip to the care center. Sounds like things could have been worse, as it was a trip to the care center is better than a trip to the hospital.

If you hadn't been up 'til 11:00 working on the shifter you would have been up until 1:00 drinking margaritas, so you saved yourself some hydrating

Thanks again for the snacks! You looked great out there even when you were having shifting problems.

Always a blast Adam! You'll be rocking the teens next round for sure...you've been making steady progress and won't be plateauing anytime soon.

Already time for Expert?

Retired LRRS/CCS EX #212 | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Dainese USA |

good to meet and race with you this weekend, sorry about the get-off and the tranny issue.... Your definately laying down some fast times

Awesome racing man! That t12 wobble of mine was def a pucker moment!! I was also surprised to meet your bike in that same turn as well. You are turning great times, hopefully I can match your speed in sections of track where you are faster, otherwise I'm in big trouble! My only hope right now is being as wide as possible :-)

CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto

Good weekend Adam! Where are the updated pics of your arm, ya know the ones where it looks like a zombie arm.

I had no idea you ran a MW race, that's awesome. Thoughts on running LWSB then?

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

do MWSS again but make sure to stay behind me. You're quickly catching me in time so I'll feel ashamed if you pass me.

Here is a little reminder of how NOT to get through T12

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

you almsot saved it huh?

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    Where are the updated pics of your arm, ya know the ones where it looks like a zombie arm.
    Here is one of my Bike Week Tats.

Not the stellar image I was looking for....
    These two studs did a great job hustling my and the bike to safety. Thanks Jim and Heath

And Jason you're right. Dave's awesome margaritas would have been much more fun.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Am 820 Rada does the Classic-554660_4153433199708_473626948_n-jpg   Am 820 Rada does the Classic-252601_3758711159842_238179223_n-jpg   Am 820 Rada does the Classic-601294_2858957571936_2109625732_a-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    you almsot saved it huh?
    Sorta almost. I tried pretty hard. In the end I should have just let it slide and I would not have broken as much stuff.

Heath should be a model

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Heath should be a model
    He's hot and get's all the tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Rada View Post
    He's hot and get's all the tail.