Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Back on the Bike, Loudon race #5

Back on the Bike, Loudon race #5

Well this weekend was probably the best weekend I have had at Loudon. I went there not expecting to race. But 6 was nice enough and let me race his bike (with my motor in it )

Fri:
    Didn't practice, watched 6 practice, it was a bit sad. Seeing 6 hold the throttle wide open coming into 3 but with his other hand on his hip. So I came to the decision to let him take my motor for the rest of the season.
    It actually was really exciting to me. First time taking a motor out and putting the motor back in. ( Oh I love wrenching) So he let start preparing both bikes to take motor out while him and DDK took off to get dinner. Umm dirty, barefoot and sitting on the floor by the bike on a friday night is what I call a perfect night!! THANKS 6, Love ya!!
    It was a successful night.

Sat:
    well didn't practice, got to put wrenches skills to the test. First pratice, saw Andy crash into 3. Came in, he took off to cool down. And he let me loose () He came back and we finished the bike for him to race that afternoon.
    Watched him race. Still the bike was down on power with my motor. I must have over heated at the LAPS day. :/ oopps

Sun:

Alright, got to go out in 2nd practice. Went slow, sadly my fastest lap was a 41. But i felt comfortable and on line except 3. Soo good practice. DIDN'T CRASH!! or hit a wall
    Raced in LWSM did ok, except my start. I had this asswhole on an orange EX do a 12:00 wheelie next to me and then set it back down right in front of me. Then have him loose a number plate. God!! HEY!! orange EX guy learn how to ride a BIKE!!
    Fastest lap was was a 1:34 on a bad motor. my personally best is a 1:30 soo it seemed fair. I know where i can go faster tho.
    But the last lap the motor was done. I pulled off at T6.
    Had a solid race. First time dragging a knee thru most of the corners. Coolest feeling ever!!!!
    Thank you to the LAPS guys!!! You guys really helped me out. I stopped braking into 9 and 6 and started breaking after the 1 board. Just like you told me.
    SOO THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! but i still can go faster. I am hoping i'll be at the next track day

Kid

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS AM #666
    Chick Racers Rock

Re: Back on the Bike, Loudon race #5

Rock on kid!! We will get the motors done and get you back out there in 3 weeks!!!!

LRRS #951
    My girlfriend wants to be like me when she grows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Sometimes violence IS the answer. The answer every other time is busa.

Nice! Glad you are doing better. Kept listening for your number on the scanner hahaha.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Nice! Glad you are doing better. Kept listening for your number on the scanner hahaha.
    haha shocking isnt it. I kind of like not crashing, I in have money in my pocket when i leave loudon.

LRRS AM #666
    Chick Racers Rock

Quote Originally Posted by onefootedkid View Post
    haha shocking isnt it. I kind of like not crashing, I in have money in my pocket when i leave loudon.
    Not pushing it, but if you really want a good view of the fast guys and see what they are doing, take the next race weekend and cornerwork. It will net you some cash, and get you a great seat to see the corners in a way you won't get to otherwise. Many racers come out and work turns that they feel uncomfortable in to see what others do, the reference points they use, and the lines they take. It's easier sometimes than trying to figure stuff out while you're on a bike, since you can take the time to really think about people's suggestions and see them in action without having o do it all in a split second.

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

Next trackday I am going to try and get there early and do a track walk.

Sorry to hear about the motor troubles. Are you guys sure it is overheating?

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by mzdagrl View Post
    Not pushing it, but if you really want a good view of the fast guys and see what they are doing, take the next race weekend and cornerwork. It will net you some cash, and get you a great seat to see the corners in a way you won't get to otherwise. Many racers come out and work turns that they feel uncomfortable in to see what others do, the reference points they use, and the lines they take. It's easier sometimes than trying to figure stuff out while you're on a bike, since you can take the time to really think about people's suggestions and see them in action without having o do it all in a split second.
    Ya I keep wanting to corner work when I am not racing. How do you sign up?? Just go to the LRRS website??

LRRS AM #666
    Chick Racers Rock

Congrats on getting the unofficial "hottest wrench at Loudon award" 6 is a lucky man!

Looking forward to seeing you out there in Aug.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Next trackday I am going to try and get there early and do a track walk.

Sorry to hear about the motor troubles. Are you guys sure it is overheating?
    Let me know if you can get there early, if you don't mind. I would like to tag along.

Ya we figured it just might be that the my radiator was to small for the engine. When Andy's engine went at new jersey he was using my radiator. But between the two motors mines runs better. So we think it might be a quick fix like a head gasket. . . .we have to tear into them both these next two weeks. CANT WAIT!!

LRRS AM #666
    Chick Racers Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Yknot View Post
    Congrats on getting the unofficial "hottest wrench at Loudon award" 6 is a lucky man!

Looking forward to seeing you out there in Aug.
    haha thanks!!

Can't wait to be back at loudon!! see you then!!

LRRS AM #666
    Chick Racers Rock

6, Kid, Doc, I think we need to plan a wrenching / camping week in a garage and just go through the 3 ill Hawks from top to bottom. It's time to sort these buggers out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    6, Kid, Doc, I think we need to plan a wrenching / camping week in a garage and just go through the 3 ill Hawks from top to bottom. It's time to sort these buggers out.
    Wana taka a look at this motor with me??

LRRS #951

EX's can wheelie?

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    EX's can wheelie?
    Over backwards if you fuck up enough....

LRRS #951

To go along side the corner working suggestion... even if you aren't out there working, just pay close attention to how fast experts on bikes similar to yours ride. Make note (literally write it down if you have to) of where they're coming in, what their line is in relation to reference points you'll be able to use out there, where they're getting on the brakes, where they tip in, where they apex, where they get back on the gas and what their line is out of every corner. Everything you need to know about how people are as fast as they are can be seen from the sidelines if you pay close enough attention. Then its just a matter of learning how to do it, and thats when learning body position, how to brake, how to get on the gas etc will slowing bring you up to their level so you're capable of achieving the same lines and techniques the fast guys are using.

Between that, bench racing advice, and straight up practice thats how I learned. I can't even tell you how many hours I spent watching an analyzing experts when I was a novice. I used to pit in T3 (before they demolished any view) specifically because it was my worst corner, just so I could watch them all the time.

Congrats on an awesome weekend though, nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNicholson View Post
    To go along side the corner working suggestion... even if you aren't out there working, just pay close attention to how fast experts on bikes similar to yours ride. Make note (literally write it down if you have to) of where they're coming in, what their line is in relation to reference points you'll be able to use out there, where they're getting on the brakes, where they tip in, where they apex, where they get back on the gas and what their line is out of every corner. Everything you need to know about how people are as fast as they are can be seen from the sidelines if you pay close enough attention. Then its just a matter of learning how to do it, and thats when learning body position, how to brake, how to get on the gas etc will slowing bring you up to their level so you're capable of achieving the same lines and techniques the fast guys are using.

Between that, bench racing advice, and straight up practice thats how I learned. I can't even tell you how many hours I spent watching an analyzing experts when I was a novice. I used to pit in T3 (before they demolished any view) specifically because it was my worst corner, just so I could watch them all the time.

Congrats on an awesome weekend though, nice work!
    That's a good idea to right everything down. I did videotape a bunch of the EX races and watched them over and over again to see where their reference points were. It might be to much to ask, but i'll ask anyways. Would you mind, if you had time, to show me what they are doing coming into the corners?? During a practice or race?? I kind of get it, but I still don't at the same time. Feel free to say no. I will totally understand.

Thanks Ryan for the advice,
    Kid

LRRS AM #666
    Chick Racers Rock

3?

Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

6's, Kid's, and your 2nd Hawk?

6's, Kid's, and your 2nd Hawk?
    You mean Rich's Hawk. It needs the calipers 6 took off it.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Crap, right, forgot you traded it. Damn hawks just migrate too fast for me to keep track. Your 'A' Hawk seemed faster than me so I know it doesn't need anything.

Gone, I offered them to you before i sold the front end, we thought the issue was the master cylinder. Did it turn out to be the calipers?

LRRS #951

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    EX's can wheelie?
    ha when I heard about it on facebook I accused him of lying or cheating cause an EX can't wheelie.

You guys must be too new to remember the epic EX wheelie off the start video. The one where the guys spins and turns while the entire field passes him and he is unscathed. THAT is how you wheelie an EX, though Andy's sounds pretty good as well...

Paul_E_D

Ya I keep wanting to corner work when I am not racing. How do you sign up?? Just go to the LRRS website??
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...916&ref=search

next round its full day work only. just tell that you want to volunteer 1/2 day if full day isnt an option and your more apt to be able to choose your corner.

bring lot of water, sun screen, gloves and comfortable shoes

Detailed PM sent

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast