Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Boston Moto EX 66 Race Report....

Cool Boston Moto EX 66 Race Report....

Boston Moto EX 66 Race Report....

So…..First off I would like to thank all my sponsors for helping me get out there and able to represent them. Having EX plates I knew it was going to be a real fight this weekend but that’s why we Race. Well the weather was pretty brisk as it always is and Saturday morning we actually had a tad bit of flakes coming down and that made for a real cold first practice. I make it out and find that my clip-ons were to far forward from my usual spot no big deal. About three laps in I go into turn three and the front end washes out. No biggie my woodcraft frame slider took the fall and it just slid into the tires and smashed the front fender and I was back up and into the pits to asses the damages. Second practice goes well as I did adjust my clip-ons and they felt a little better and I was able to get some good laps in yet still, far off my normal pace. The only race on Saturday I was doing was the Dash and I was very eager to see where I would Fall….and fall I did. Flag dropped, I hammed it and my left clip-on rotated and came way back, I immediately got out of the race line back off and tried to fix it but only move and inch or two back out GREAT. I know it’s a point’s game, so I caught the back up after a lap or two and then got stuck behind smutty and kilmeier and watched them play park and run. Got around kilmeier and finished 18 th. But, I did not finish last, but close HAHAHA. Defiantly not where I want to be but none the less, points.

Now on to Sunday’s races and practice went much better I made some adjustments and tightened a few bolts LOLOL and put in some good laps and practice went well. I was in race 1 MW SB and that was a deep grid also but was up for it. Flag drops I get a pretty good hole shot hit mid pack and smutty tries to sneak in and the door got shut and file in and look for some space. Few laps the fast guys spread out I get passed and hold on for a 9th place and still a good amount off my normal pace but yet rode smart and rode to a finish.

Next race was race seven and was a very similar grid as the first race and I had a good amount work to do. Got a good hole shot filed and chased one guy and he left me and then it was a good race but I wasn’t really hitting my markers and defiantly need a good track day and get back up to pace but none the less didn’t crash and gained a better Idea of where I need to improve and finished 14th out of 17 not bad. Ogh, and I did beat smutty too, so one race is all he will get all season I am sure of it....

I really can’t say how good my woodcraft sliders held up and all in all I had a great weekend with my pit mates and friends. Thank You to all my sponsors and people who support LRRS. I LOVE IT ALL and wish I was still there.

I can’t wait for next Round and See u there….…..and THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT!!!

Thank You Kristen for the Pic..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Pigman; 05-01-12 at 10:36 AM.

Re: Boston Moto EX 66 Race Report....

Nice job Piggy and thanks for showing me around race 7 on Sunday

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Can I ride with you at the Bomo day?

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Congrats Shawn! Adventurous but def fun weekend

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Solid showing Shawn. Expert MW is no joke and just getting there is saying something.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Miss you!

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Well Done Bro! Solid improvement and racing with Experts is no joke! A few TD's and it will be GAME ON TIME!!!

And a BIG THANKS for letting me pit with ya for 1st round. I couldn't have gotten back out for race 6 if if it wasn't for you guys! I owe ya B-I-G!

I am a mess out there right now...SOOO Off Pace it is sickening!!

Yeah boy... tighten' up those clip-ons and go get 'em!

LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK