Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

BT1R #345 Round 2 Report

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

BT1R #345 Round 2 Report

Brian's Round 2 report:

Well that was an eventful weekend!! After missing the Formula 3 race on sat due to being at my sisters College Graduation, Grats Laura, and the party afterwards I made it up to the track around 10PM. Im really glad I dropped the bike and garage stuffs off on friday before heading to CT and I only had to set up camp and passed out early.

Woke up early on Sunday feeling good and well rested and on a mission. This was to be my first round of solid weather with hopefully no mechanical issues since last August when i turned one lap and a PB of 1:25.1 I know I can do it and today was my chance. I had 2 practices and 2 races to push hard for low times and a bump to AM! First practice was smooth and felt good. Started out slow and gradualy pushed it faster into the 26's Second practice was similar and saw the first 25's of the day.

Race 4:
    Gridded on the front row of wave 3 in 3rd, I like being on the outside, and got an ok start but some guys from behind got around me and i made it out of T2 in 2nd with the 2 guys ahead of me whom I know turn 26's, 151 and 829. I was determined to not let them get away from me and was ready to do battle and then it happened... the 151 passed passed the 829 on the brakes down the hill into 6 cleanly and when the 829 tried passing back on the outside and tipped right into the 151 taking them both out sliding into the gravel. not how I wanted to take first but I kept on it. By about Lap 4 or 5 I had caught up to and passed Roland on his 125 2stroke from wave 2 thought to myself "sorry Roland" then I think it was the end of lap 6 i came upon a group of 3 amateurs coming through the T12 chicane. I figured that i would be following them to the checker but when I saw an opportunity to get around them into T1 on the outside cleanly I took it and kept on going. passed a few more of the AMs and took the checkered flag for the win. Laptimes were a bit all over the place due to getting through traffic but managed to link 2 .25's together!!

Race 11:

was a bit of a blur both the 151 and 829 guys were able to get their bikes straightened out in time for the race and I was ready for a battle and hoped to battle it out with them for the whole race this time. there was alot of back and forth and position changes between us and it was traffic that seemed to be the equalizer in this race as i seemed to be able to get thru the lap traffic of AM's easier than the other 2 guys and ened up with the win. My heart def skipped a beat at one point while passing a couple of AMs on the outside headed up thru T4 and I ran it really wide while on the throttle and ended up off of the left edge of the track. I fortunately saw it coming and managed to get the bike stood up and rolled off the throttle enough to run it out till i was able to get back on track and get back in it while managing to hold my position. I crossed the line in first while turning a couple more .25's with other laps being slower due to traffic

All in all a SOLID day of racing with an anticipated coming bump to AM in time for the Classic in June. Loved having some solid competition to push me faster. Huge thanks to my My Family, the entire LRRS family,My teammates in BT1R, RSP, ECK, Tonys Track Days, Penguin Race School, my sponsors Lionheart Moto, CFM Woodcraft, ArmourBodies, DP Brakes, Yoshimura Exhausts, Shorai Batteries, Lucas Oil

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Re: BT1R #345 Round 2 Report

2 for 2, that's awesome. 25's will get you bumped and competitive in AM classes. Keep it up.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |