Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

CCS Expert 820 LRRS round 3 race report.

CCS Expert 820 LRRS round 3 race report.

I have been looking forward to the Classic this season. My plan was to get there early and have fun. I made the decision to only race the SV this round and see if I could get my fat ass back into the teens.

I skipped out of work at 11:30 Thursday and Emma helped me finish packing and I hit the road solo. Sadly I had to wait for the ladies to come up Friday night...

Friday.
    Hit practice to see how Lucy was going to fair. She was doing a good job standing in for the other SV. My times were slow but I felt pretty good.
    LWSS: Rada V.S. Catahoula!!! :dule: LWSS is our place to get after each other... This was a good race. I got an ok start and hit the road chasing that fast Monster. I slipped by on the opening lap and fell into a good pace. I finished the race 12 of 18 with a best lap of 1:20.9! Finally finding my speed from two seasons ago. My confidence is coming back on the brakes.

RSP fielded an endurance entry on the #820 SV650. I ran the first 40 minutes and ran mostly 20s and 21s with a best of 1:20.4 IRRC. I ran the last 15 minutes too and was only mildly tormented by the 6 and 82 team riders as they sauntered past me on the front straight... Thanks for waiving guys...:

Saturday it turns out I was spent. I ran LWGP and sucked. I spent the race at the back of the pack. Finished 22 of 27. Not too proud of that...

Sunday I was in for F40L and LWSB. F40L was more of the same as LWGP. crazy back of the pack action. I finished 17 of 19.... Hmmm. That was pretty lame. That was race 8 and I was supposed to go out in race 11. I was really thinking that I would sit it out. I was tired and pretty frustrated with my dismal performance in F40L. I pulled my big boy pants up and went out for my first ever LWSB race. I didn't expect much as I am the heaviest guy on the slowest bike.... The green flag flew and I put the hammer down and set sail. I came around after lap1 in 17th place. I decided to push for all I was worth as I could see my buddy BJ Worsham up ahead. I passed a rider or two and tracked BJ down. We had a great back and forth battle. It was not until we caught up to the 76 in T11 that I could pass them both and put Keith between us that I could get away. But then Keith put that Monster to use and smoked me down the front straight. I may have shook my fist at him a bit... Lol:p I over took him on the brakes and did my best to get away... I picked up another rider or two along the way and finished 12th. Holy cow that was one of the most fun races I have had in a long long time. I managed to pull in 1:21.0.
    I still did not get my 1:19 but I had a great time racing with some great friends non the less. It is so much fun racing in the LW class.

We also had a great time at the BBQ Saturday night. Thanks to all that came and contributed. Thanks to Wendy for all her great help. These make the race weekends a great time.

I need to thank Wendy and Emily for all the help and support that they bring to the track for me. They really are the corner stone of my race effort. The RSP Racing team for all the great support and times.

All the sponsors that make this happen for me. Especially Scorpion Cellular, Woodcraft, and Sport Bike Track Gear. These fine outfits make it happen.

I won't be racing in July so until August...

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Rada; 06-24-14 at 06:58 PM.

Re: CCS Expert 820 LRRS round 3 race report.

Sounds like it was a great weekend especially considering you weren't using your race motor. Congrats!

Wait, no racing in July? Wtf? Lame...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Re: CCS Expert 820 LRRS round 3 race report.

Way to go, potato!

Thanks again for loaning us Lucy to run the endurance race on, that was a flat-out blast! Teens are a-callin' your name! Twist it!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!