Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

AM #473 - LRRS Round 5

AM #473 - LRRS Round 5

I felt pretty good going into the weekend for my fourth round after missing round 1. It was going to be my first round as an amateur for I was a bit nervous about the faster pace. Bike felt perfect, so I loaded up the trailer and got there early Friday morning for practice.

Practice went well, track temps were pretty hot and the bike felt planted at almost all times. I learned a ton on Friday as it was my first practice being able to get a tow and check some lines in the new class. I was feeling pretty confident going into the weekend.

Sat

Race 5 - HW Supersport: First race was pretty late in the day as there was a ton of red flags in the morning and after this race the thunderstorms started. I was gridded last and got a terrible start, I passed one or two going through turn 1 and slowly started working my way through the field and started feeling more confident. The race was called early because of a red flag and was extra short because the races were condensed.

Race 11 - AM MW Grand Prix : Nothing too exciting in this one, but I did manage a munch better start and got into a rhythm by the end of the race. I logged a couple clean laps and ended the race content with my pace.
    New PB 1:20.838

Sun

After Saturday I was feeling good after running in the new class, I was really anxious to race on Sunday morning. Threw on a new rear for the day and was ready to go. After riding morning practice I knew this day was going to be painful with how hot it was already at 9AM

Race 2 - HW Superbike: Gridded in the back again since I don't have any points, once again got a terrible launch (really have to work on that) but managed to pass a handful of people through 1, 1A, 2. Had a couple good fights with people through the race and I can completely say that I had more fun in this race than any other. Don't really remember any specifics about the race but was back and forth with #323 a few times and started to close on the last lap but I couldn't get him by the line.
    New PB 1:20.224

Race 6 - Unlimited Supersport: Don't remember anything about this race except for the fact that I was extremely tired, think the heat was getting to me and I blew a handful of corners throughout the race. I feel like I was making mental errors throughout the race and almost had to take the nascar oval twice in the race.

Overall it was a great weekend and I'm really happy with how the bike is running. Big thank you to everyone this weekend and people who stopped by the garage. Hope everyone heals up quick in center 8 and makes it back for the next round!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS EX #473
    Thanks to my 2017 sponsors: Dunlop, Sidi, Woodcraft, Bell

Re: AM #473 - LRRS Round 5

Sounds like a successful weekend... those times just keep coming down, don't they?

See you next round.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS AM #860

Those are some pretty impressive laptimes! What bike are you riding?

Lifer

Doug is on a GSXR600.

Quote Originally Posted by DeskJockey View Post
    See you next round.
    Where the hell were you this weekend?!

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Where the hell were you this weekend?!
    I was on the beach all last week and weekend, on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. It was all fun and sun until Friday morning, when I realized everyone was practicing and I didn't even have a bicycle to sit on and make noises. It was actually much more frustrating to miss a weekend than I had expected...

Last edited by DeskJockey; 08-19-15 at 09:03 PM. Reason: clarity
    LRRS AM #860

Lifer

Ha ha! Wonder what it was like to miss a race weekend. Sucks to be ..wait.

Don't even THINK about missing next round. I need you to help re-attach my exhaust every time it falls off. And to inspect my safety wiring.

LRRS AM #860