Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Central Mass Powersports #123 - Round 6

Post Central Mass Powersports #123 - Round 6

Central Mass Powersports Round 6 #123 ~ pause ~

Saturday, race 5 – HW Supersport – GSXR600 (9th) (18.9)
    I like to use this race as a mental warm up for the weekend. Each round I’ve gone a bit faster in this race, I’m using that as a positive marker for progress. This round I had a quiet, lonely race in the back of the pack – nothing noteworthy to share.

Saturday, race 12 – MW Grand Prix (Dash) – GSXR600 (13th) (18.9)
    I entered the dash this round, something I don’t usually do. I know my speed and times put me right at the threshold to be potential last lap traffic. The last thing I want to do is impact a battle going on for the lead of the race.
    I mainly entered to keep my Saturday exciting and to see if I could finally make a pass on Cody stick. I’m proud to say, I finally passed the young man. I’m not so proud to say, I think he was having some bike issues – may not have been a fair fight. 
    Scott Greenwood, Eric Wood and Christian Cronin passed me on the last lap as clean as you could ever ask for. Thank you for being the professionals that you are, I truly hope I wasn’t in the way.

Saturday night –
    This round we decided to say thank you to the corner workers and bring a tradition back from my west coast adventures. We hosted a bbq for the corner workers where all donation proceeds went to the Karen Hornbecker fund for injured riders. We also brought slow races to LRRS. Both were a blast! Sav rounded up the food from local restaurants prior to the event, Duncan took helm at the bbq and I tried not to get in the way too much. I personally enjoyed the chance to get to know some of the corner worker crew, great selfless souls.
    Central Mass Powersports #123 - Round 6-bbq-jpg
    After everyone was fed and happy, it was time to go (slow) racing! For those of you who aren’t familiar with the concept, it’s simple – 100ft straight course with a start and finish line. Participants stage at one end of the course, green flag drops and race starts. LAST one to cross the finish line wins the race.
    CMP’s very own Jimmy Alessandrini (#969) won the inaugural race as well as the next 2! 3 time undisputed slow racing champ. Best part is half the entry fees for the slow races were the winner’s prize. Jimmy decided to forgo collection and let his winnings go to the injured rider fund donation. In total we were able to raise $168 and put a lot of smiles on faces. Thank you to all who participated and donated!
    Central Mass Powersports #123 - Round 6-slow-jpg
    Sunday, race 6 – Unlimited Supersport – rain KTM (DQ)
    PSA – Motards are not eligible for supersport. Don’t be stupid like I was. I threw rain tires on my KTM knowing I had back to back races (race#6 UN SS/race#7 Motard). As I planned to only run 1 lap and pull in, I figured I’d just use 1 bike instead of switching from KTM to GSXR and keep things simple. I failed miserably. 5th place points in unlimited supersport would have put me in 3rd place overall for the season championship. Now, it’s not happening. Lesson learned – hope you got it, too. Don’t do that, you'll feel dumb.

Sunday, race 7 – Motard – rain KTM (5th)
    As you know, my plan was 1 lap and pit in. I did so without drama. I had a lot of good reasons to take this approach on Sunday and am glad I did. As you’ve also realized, Sunday was a bit of a bore with 2 races consisting of 1 parade lap and pitting in. Still have a little carbon left to blow out of the system.

Final thoughts -
    I’m very happy to report CMP #508 is okay after a big off in t6. Sav is one seriously tough guy. He was run over and only has bumps and bruises. With Sav and Duncan both on the mend, intern Jack (CMP #495) and I were left the task of flying the CMP flag. Saturday we gave it our all and Sunday I packed it in a bit. I did this for many reasons. The soft approach isn’t exactly my style but putting my competitive drive/ego to the side for 1 day will pay off in the long run for the team.
    Thank you to all who joined us for a little fun (and fundraising) Saturday night!
    We’ve got 1 more round to go, Oct. 3 and 4th. Championships will wrap up and CMP riders will be in the hunt. If you’ve contemplated visiting, this is your last chance! Come on up and enjoy some of the very best racing on 2 wheels to be found in the Northeast.

As always, with great support from Central Mass Powersports, TSS Graphics, Advanced Traction, The Beantown Sound, Kixsports, RaceFuelZ and ChainwheelMoto.com!

Zoom!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Re: Central Mass Powersports #123 - Round 6

Well we certainly learned a lot as a team this weekend.
    Thank you for putting the event together, and I'm so sorry I wasn't able to help with the bbq more.
    Thank you for helping my family with where to find me and keeping people updated in my condition.
    October will be fun. Lots of testing ground for us and the beginning of our 2016 plans.
    Last thank you, for keeping the CMP fort strong although most of us were gone.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!