Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Central Mass Powersports Round 7 #123 ~ chasing championships ~

Post Central Mass Powersports Round 7 #123 ~ chasing championships ~

I arrived early evening Thursday night, set up the garage and got the bikes ready for Friday practice. Friday morning came around and we had a beautiful day! Warm sunshine, clean laps – ready to rock for rd. 7.

Saturday, race 4 – AM Super Singles – KTM (2nd) 1.28.0
    It’s Saturday and first up for me is a wet AM Super Singles race. I am 20 points ahead of 2nd place Sam Lakas (#969) so I just need to finish. I got a great start and took the holeshot lead into turn 1. Jeff Blake (#919) took a jab at me and I let him go, that was tough - discretion is the better part of valour. At the checkers, I was second place to Jeff (congrats on your first AM win) and the new 2014 AM Super Singles Champion! Wheelies for all!

Central Mass Powersports Round 7 #123 ~ chasing championships ~-1-jpg

Saturday, race 11 – AM Ultralight Superbike – KTM (1st) 1.33.7
    I knew going in this was just a fun race. Roland had too much of a head start on me from earlier in the season when I was a novice. I went out with the intentions of not stacking and having a little fun. My rain tire was smoked after the earlier race so I focused on getting way off the bike and keeping it on the meat of the tire. Checkered flag and another win for 2014, I finished second in the championship to Roland. Congratulations on your championship, Roland (#763)!

Central Mass Powersports Round 7 #123 ~ chasing championships ~-2-jpg

Saturday, race 12 – AM Middleweight Grand Prix – KTM (14th) 1.31.1
    Another fun race with no real implications on any championships. I chose to run this race on the KTM rather than the GSXR as I already had wets mounted on the KTM. Good times, finished a respectable 14th and brought it home in one piece.

Central Mass Powersports Round 7 #123 ~ chasing championships ~-3-jpg

Saturday night now and it’s Christian’s (CMP #316) moment to shine. Low Down Racing was hosting a Halloween party with a costume contest. I’ll just let this picture tell the story…

Central Mass Powersports Round 7 #123 ~ chasing championships ~-4-jpg

Sunday morning comes around and it’s gorgeous out! Woohoo – dry weather racing!

Sunday, race 3 – AM Lightweight Superbike – KTM (7th) 1.23.2
    Pretty unmemorable but FAST race. I battled with Rick Kaeser (#444) for a bit and brought it home in 7th. Another fun race with little to gain by pushing, gained more experience and set my focus on the upcoming AM Motard race.

Central Mass Powersports Round 7 #123 ~ chasing championships ~-5-jpg

Sunday, race 5 – AM Motard – KTM (1st) 1.22.2
    I had this race highlighted on my schedule, a must win. Sam (#969) is only 11 points behind in 2nd place. On the grid, his bike stalls and won’t restart. Poor Sam worked all night the night before repairing his Yamaha to no avail. I was gutted watching him walk off the grid. A little pressure relieved, I set off with the holeshot into t1 and never looked back. I took the checkered flag in first and celebrated with a fist pump ala Lorenzo. With CMP’s help, we’d now secured our second championship for 2014 - AM Motard!

Central Mass Powersports Round 7 #123 ~ chasing championships ~-6-jpg

Sunday, race 6 – AM Middleweight Supersport – GSXR (crash) 1.19.1
    Final race of the season for the GSXR. As this year was a building and learning year for the GSXR, none of the races were for championships – just experience. I was feeling a little chipper and decided to hang it out a little. A few laps into the race and I’m passing people I’ve never seen in a race before. I made it as high as 4th and was on my way to the podium when I pitched it into t1 at 100mph+…it didn’t stick. I ran out of talent right at the apex and found myself skipping along on my back. Tuck the arms, keep the legs together and we’re good. Bike wouldn’t restart (broken clutch lever) so I watched the finish from t1. I know what I did wrong and got the experience I was looking for. Good to know this thing is a ripper for next year, game on. New personal best of 1.19.1 and a big smile on my face.

Central Mass Powersports Round 7 #123 ~ chasing championships ~-8-jpg

Sunday, race 8 – AM Lightweight Sportstman – KTM (1st) 1.22.7
    Final race of the season for the KTM, so bittersweet. Holeshotted t1 and never looked back. Ran a quick spirited race but kept it in check. I took the checkered flag in first and that’s a wrap for 2014! Big wheelies all around and a little burnout for the lady in the treehouse – thank you for keeping an eye on us all season!

Central Mass Powersports Round 7 #123 ~ chasing championships ~-7-jpg

Credit to all the amazing support we received this year from Central Mass Powersports in Lunenburg, MA. Gary Pescatore (CMP GM) and I met last December ’13, we had mutual experiences and friends. What a ride it’s been – I told you we’d give ‘em hell, thank you for believing in me! The CMP crew – Al, Todd, Jimmy, Ethan, Will, Dave, Jon, Seth and anyone else I’ve forgotten – thank you. Pirelli tires (Mtag/Tony/Mike) kept us glued to the track all year while TSS graphics kept us looking as sharp as a pro AMA team. Jon Dixon at Advanced Traction twisted the clickers that Peter Kates (GMD) built and the bikes were dialed all season. It’s been an amazing race season that far surpassed my expectations and goals, none of it possible without your support. Thank you and we’ll see you (hopefully with white plates and new challenges) in 2015!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Re: Central Mass Powersports Round 7 #123 ~ chasing championships ~

Handsome Devil, experienced / knowledgable dude with great attitude. Race craft excellence. Fun on and off the track.
    Great person. Christopher "Malkolm" Dove

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

You lapped me right at the end of race 8. On the cool down I pointed my bike at you while you launched that wheelie down T5. Imagine how foolish I felt when I made it back to the garage and found I'd switched the camera off on the grids when they held us to for the restart and never turned it back on. Dwope!

Wheelie looked good from my saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Handsome Devil, experienced / knowledgable dude with great attitude. Race craft excellence. Fun on and off the track.
    Great person. Christopher "Malkolm" Dove
    Thanks man, you're a class act.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Sorry about the down. Way to rip it. Hopefully next year we can dice on the turds.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

It was good catching up with you on Sunday Chris. I'm sure I'll be in touch with you when I give this racing thing a try next summer.

2004 SV650
    1979 GS 850GN
    2005 Tt-r125
    NEMRR #246 - Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersports

Quote Originally Posted by Tas View Post
    It was good catching up with you on Sunday Chris. I'm sure I'll be in touch with you when I give this racing thing a try next summer.
    It was so cool bumping into you, Todd! I'm happy to help any way I can, hit me up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    Sorry about the down. Way to rip it. Hopefully next year we can dice on the turds.
    All good buddy - are you over the SV?

Lifer

On Track Media LLC | LRRS round 7 10-5-14

Ha! You 'tard guys are fuuuuneh.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    On Track Media LLC | LRRS round 7 10-5-14

Ha! You 'tard guys are fuuuuneh.
    End of that sequence is a great shot.

Lifer

He likes to smack some of them pretty hard with the HDR wand.

It's a fun sequence, you can tell I saw him half way through the wheelie and gave him a nod.

Quote Originally Posted by cdovego View Post
    It was so cool bumping into you, Todd! I'm happy to help any way I can, hit me up.

- - - Updated - - -

All good buddy - are you over the SV?
    Picked up a motard for 7 before I knew I wouldn't make it. I was gonna do 2 bikes. I'm not over the SV but If the tard work out I may switch the SV for a bigger bike.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube