Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

CMP/CCS 4/10-11

CMP/CCS 4/10-11

finally the start of my 2010 season down at Carolina motor sport park. new track to learn along with new parts and setup. was hoping to come away with top 5 finishes with decent points, things changed quickly. friday practice was cold and track was wet from morning rain so most of us waited till around 11am to head out. didnt want to really needed to get out and figure everything out. got up to speed quick and dialed in turn in and braking points, was still coming to grips with the quick shifter. i just didnt trust it enuf to hold it wfo and shift. last session i just let it rip and put in some fast laps letting the shifter work like its supposed to.

day 1, skipped morning practice too early to ride. race 1. supertwins got hole shot, lead till halfway next 2 laps a pair of 1098's got by. kept them close till 1 crashed going into last lap. finished 2nd with nobody in sight behind.
    f40 same deal, hole shot caught experts by turn 1 got by 1 thru t2 and on tail of next guy for entire race. second to last lap looked behind and nobody in sight. flag to flag win.
    heavy weight ss. did pretty good, back tire was shot and sliding all over the place. held 4th for a while. got passed by another ducati, in the process of getting back by him had a big slide leaned over in 5th going around 100-110. decided to stay put, finished 5th. and got a new rear tire

day 2. did 1 round morning practice building up speed for 4-5 laps scrubbing in the tire. heavyweight supersport. thought i finished 5-6. were 3 experts ahead and 2 crashed lap 2. unfortunately a group of 3 of us caught him and he decided that he wasnt going to be passed. really held us up but did help me pass the guy in front when he blocked him going into the white flag lap. i got up beside him and he finally waved me by an last lap. got back to the pits took the leathers off and checked the score to find it was 2nd, just prelim results tho. had to run back grab the bike, ride it to tech. run back & grab tools and stand, run to tech so they can check it for all the stock parts per the rules. too much fun/work before lunch . final results were 3rd did notice i was dragging my toe sliders alot all day and touched the shifter down a couple times so raised the rear 5mm and it helped everything
    F40. holeshot, got past last expert by t2 hounded next expert till same area lap 2. went around outside of t1, over the curb in t2 beside him he got ahead for next 2 corners till running off the track. put me 1st AM, 3rd overall. kept 2nd place expert in site till 1/2 way when he eased away. after looking back a couple laps had at least a straight lead. was feeling so comfortable with the bike was able to do some small slides in a couple corners on purpose. even got to do a nice 2nd into 3rd victory wheelie toward the checker
    final race, supertwins. again both the 1098's got by as we got into the experts(all 2) kept them close in case of a mistake. by half way they were beyond me catching so i kept an eye behind and just managed the gap back to 4th the rest of the race. pretty good start to the season with 2-1st in f40. 2,3 in supertwins and 3,5 in heavy ss. 3 weeks to next round and cant wait

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: CMP/CCS 4/10-11

f40 from sat. YouTube- CMP F40 f40 from sunday YouTube- cmp F40 day 2 saturday supertwins YouTube- supertwins cmp

what did you think of the track? i hate the whole back section after the kink. Speaking of the kink. i got hit by wind coming through the kink on sunday. holy shit i thought i got hit by another bike.

David King | ASRA/CCS/WERA SE EX #484

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    -Benjamin Franklin

it kinda grew on me with speed. the series of rights after the left 12&13 kinda sucked because of the seam in the paving mid track. same with 5,6,7. had enuf passing areas to make it fun