Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Corner working 3 / 10 my take

Corner working 3 / 10 my take

I figured id chime in with some sort of race report too

I was in 3/10 split all weekend so had a pretty good vantage point for most of the racing. The weather was amazing, no rain at all and honestly maybe just a little bit too much sun oh well sunburns heal...

Saturday:
    was a pretty busy day in 3, there were a lot of lowsides coming in, a couple people getting taken out by bikes that had crashed behind them and caught up under breaking. For the most part I think it was just the normal bumps, bruises, sprains, and mostly minor bones broken. We havent had an ambulance on track during racing in a while, happened in 3 after one of the multi bike incidents was nice seeing everyone behaving.. Great racing though, everyone seemed to have plenty of grip and were out there having a blast.

T10 only had to crashes on Saturday and I believe both of you are on here. First was a lowside into the airfence and the second was a pretty spectacular highside yard sale coming out of T10 in the dash. Both crashers seemed to be ok which is obviously great news.

Sunday:
    Sunday started out cold in the morning which no doubt played a part in a couple of the early morning lowsides in 3. There wasnt a whole lot going on today in 3/10 with crashers except for those lowsides, the action was all in T7 and T8. Some pretty hard get offs, hopefully everyone will turn out ok. One of the T8 incidents destroyed a bike but the rider escaped unharmed. The rider was a great guy to talk to actually and even helped pick up his parts lol

The weekend of amazing saves:

First and foremost.. to the guy who hit 5 cones, then ran over 5 tire bundles and pegged an airfence without going down... Get that video up soon and I want a link lol. It was a full faired bike, I heard T1 call him down then correct it saying he didnt go down! When the guy came through 3 the whole underside of the bike was rubberized lol.

There were some other things that punctuated the weekend of amazing saves... Saw 1 highside attempt on exit of 3 today, guy was so far up and over the front end of the bike id be shocked if he didnt have a rubber strip on his helmet from his front wheel. He saved it and rode halfway up the hill in the lawn before deciding to pit. Also saw someone in a lean apexing T4, tun over the curbing with both tires and getting air, landing back in a lean and continuing... as well as someone who missed the apex to 4 by about 3 feet to the right of the apex cone, made it through the grass and back onto the track. There were a couple other fairly close calls on highside hill this weekend as well.

Summary:
    Overall it was great to see everyone, the weather was amazing, the racing was as good as it gets... lots of buzz in the pits about people get PBs and people just enjoying being up at the track. Most of the on track incidents werent too bad. Busy corners seemed to be T2 T8 and T9 (some spectacular get offs in T9 saturday). I want to thank everyone for being nice to and taking care of the corner workers, we have fun being out there and are happy to help. Headed to bed Peace!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Add me on LinkedIN
    Buying or selling a car? Free listings - FeaturedCars.com

Bikes:
    07 GSXR 750 (Street)
    88 YSR50 (Street Hilarity)

Re: Corner working 3 / 10 my take

Quote Originally Posted by Loun View Post
    Saturday:
    We havent had an ambulance on track during racing in a while, happened in 3 after one of the multi bike incidents was nice seeing everyone behaving.. Great racing though, everyone seemed to have plenty of grip and were out there having a blast.
    I was in race 3 and have to say having the ambulance out there was....well, interesting! I felt like I was drag racing the ambulance coming out of T2.

John

04 KTM 125SX
    05 CBR600RR
    07 KTM 250XC-W

that bike in turn 1 needs to post up the video soon, i saw it in real life (I was working in 1) I called him down after taking out the 5 cones and the first 2 sets of tires, after he hurdled the last 3 sets of tires and clipped the air fence i had to cancel my rider down call.... i thought it was a sure thing that i would be diging bike bits out of the tires, but instead he just made a HUGE mess out of turn one and then finished the race.

The work to pick up after the non-even was well worth seeing the non crash.

Quote Originally Posted by JRide View Post
    I was in race 3 and have to say having the ambulance out there was....well, interesting! I felt like I was drag racing the ambulance coming out of T2.
    We haven't had an ambulance on a live track for almost three years! I actually had two conversations that morning about how it hasnt happened, and it must be because people stopped crashing where we could safely attend to them without stopping.

So much for that idea.

As for the crash in 1 - I was in the tower watching 12 at the time, and by the time the call came in, I swiveled my head to one, saw someone putting off through the NASCAR oval, leaving behind a trail of debris that looked like a tornado touched down. What a mess!!

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by reiobard View Post
    that bike in turn 1 needs to post up the video soon, i saw it in real life (I was working in 1) I called him down after taking out the 5 cones and the first 2 sets of tires, after he hurdled the last 3 sets of tires and clipped the air fence i had to cancel my rider down call.... i thought it was a sure thing that i would be diging bike bits out of the tires, but instead he just made a HUGE mess out of turn one and then finished the race.

The work to pick up after the non-even was well worth seeing the non crash.
    any chance you saw Sunday's T1 race crash, 1st lap in race 3? I was one of the bikes down, black and white bike red helmet. a low side in front of me, I went hard on brakes and got pushed from behind. Think I was run over, mid concussion and broken ribs.

Saw that from the stands in T6, all sorts of machines down and sliding in T1.

I didn't see Saturday but I saw some of the aftermath, I don't recall seeing that many ambulance rolls or injuries in one weekend. What the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by CMG241 View Post
    any chance you saw Sunday's T1 race crash, 1st lap in race 3? I was one of the bikes down, black and white bike red helmet. a low side in front of me, I went hard on brakes and got pushed from behind. Think I was run over, mid concussion and broken ribs.
    #411 on the CBR??

Saw that mess split second after it happened.. 5 bikes involved with 4 on the ground.. All i remember saying as I ran for the fence was he's not moving.. he's not moving and then I saw you start moving. Glad to hear you're OK and feel for the ribs..broken left side 3 different times.

-John

"It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast,.. than to ride a fast bike slow."

07 Husky SM510R

I saw it from the 3/10 as you all started piling in but wasnt over there. Hope they have you on some good meds for the ribs, been there a couple times. Suuucks heal quick and try not to laugh much lol

Add me on LinkedIN

Bikes:
    07 GSXR 750 (Street)

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    #411 on the CBR??

Saw that mess split second after it happened.. 5 bikes involved with 4 on the ground.. All i remember saying as I ran for the fence was he's not moving.. he's not moving and then I saw you start moving. Glad to hear you're OK and feel for the ribs..broken left side 3 different times.
    close, I'm #421 and its an R6. I got called back to hospital earlier today telling me there was too much swelling and they wanted more pics. turns out they id'd a partial lung collapse after I left and wanted to see it again. Big props to all in the med center including Kathy and Dick. seasons over for me.

hey man. I was the lowside in T10 whose bike didn't explode into a million pieces. thanks again for making sure I was ok and helping get the hawk out of the barrier. bike has something electrical amiss, but I'm 100%

Scott
    1990 Honda Hawk NT700 (rebuilt?)
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848 (retarded fun)

Quote Originally Posted by CMG241 View Post

I was watching for the "1=OK" call from up above.....that was a real scary thing to see. Yes, you did get run over. I was worried about you, glad you are (relatively) OK.

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

thanks all, I just realized I'm 241 like my username but still same guy with black leathers and red helmet.

"I just realized I'm 241 like my username" Mild concussion you say... just how hard was the hit to the head?? jk :p Heal up and im glad it wasnt as bad as it could have been. Looked really rough from where I was standing.

smf no problem, yours was the easier one to deal with. I know a lot of you guys in street clothes and im horrible at remembering numbers so dont mind me if I have no clue who you are when I dig you out of a barrier or some tires

Add me on LinkedIN

Bikes:
    07 GSXR 750 (Street)