Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

ECK #316 LRRS Rd 4

ECK #316 LRRS Rd 4

So I got to the track early Saturday morning at about 2am. Got unpacked and got to bed by about 3:30. Woke up at 7, teched and skipped first practice because it would have been rushed, and relaxed a bit. Decided to try to adjust the forks to try to get better feel out of the front in second practice. Messed with compression and didn't like it at all as the front was just too stiff so we tried preload. Preload felt much better but was a little hard to turn in, so we backed off a little on it for the first race.

First race Saturday was GTU. By following Justin Landry's super secret starting advice I got a great start and go good into T1. I get passed by a few people and settle in for the rest of a rather uneventful race. My rear tire starts sliding again, which was a problem I had dealt with the previous Loudon weekend also. With a freshly rebuilt shock under me by Ohlins and a custom exhaust shield that I had made to keep the heat off the shock, I knew the settings were now the problem. I ended up finishing 8th out of 12 with a best lap time of 1:18.237. I was pleased that I ran consistent 18's the whole race.

Here is the video from that race. Editing these would have taken forever, but the action starts at 5:30.

My second race on Saturday was MWGP, otherwise known as the Dash for Cash. I got a brand new front and rear for this race as the rear was from the last race weekend at Jersey and the front had seen 2 rears, so it was time (Thanks MTAG-Pirelli). I got another great start (from where I was gridded) and get picked off by a few people. About 5 laps in Alex Guilbeault passes me on the inside of T3. I stay with him and try to outbreak him going into 11, but I carried a bit too much speed and ended up jumping the outside curb and didn't get enough of a drive. I'm still right on him for the next lap until I see an opportunity in T11 again. This time Alex has settled in behind Larry and has slowed a bit. I again late brake T11 and go a little wide sweeping by Alex and Larry before flopping for 12. I don't see anyone again for 2 laps until Alex sneaks up the side of me in T3 AGAIN and pushes me wide. This time he checks out a bit and starts to pull a gap. I try to reel him back in, but he puts lapped traffic between us and cruises to the finish ahead. Well played. Ended up with 12th out of 22 riders with a new PB of 1:16.378. PS...I left the stickers on my tires and didn't crash.

Here is the vid. Action starts at 3:49.

On Sunday I skipped first practice in order to save my rear tire in order to be able to run both my races on it. Second practice I went out and felt great. Relaxed and confident I ran consistent 17's which I was extremely happy with.

First race on Sunday was MWSB. I was gridded up next to Guilbeault and the goal this race was to keep him behind me at all costs. On the start Houk cut into the planned line I was going to take so I had to let off a bit. Still a good start, but not as good as I would have liked. I got passed by Riley Rogers on the inside of T3 on the first lap and Ron Poulin on the second lap. I tried to keep up but they eventually checked out. Otherwise it was a pretty uneventful race. 9th out of 18 with a new PB of 1:16.341.

Here is the vid. Action starts pretty much right away.

Last race was MWSS. I wanted to dip into the 15's in the worst way this race so I could keep up with Poulin and Rogers. I thought I had a great start until Landry decided he was having none of that. He came down from his wheelie a little sideways and BAM. We collided and I hammered back on the gas to try to keep some speed going into 1. A huge thank you to Woodcraft for their lever guards...if I didn't have these I might have gone down. I was trying to keep up with Brian Killmeier and gave it a little too much gas on the exit of 12A and almost highsided. I collect myself and Mike Wayent passes me on the outside and gives me the thumbs up on the straight because he thought he was going to hit me haha. I manage to get him back on the front straight and completely blow 1, 1A, and 2 because I am still a little out of it mentally. I manage to collect myself by T4 and am back on it. I hold my position for a while until Riley tries to sneak up the inside of me in T3. He goes a little wide after apexing and I get him back up the inside. Next lap I know he is going to try it again so I go 6 feet inside on my line to keep him from going inside. He STILL goes inside on me and this time makes the pass. DAMN! I manage to not lose him too much, but Ron Poulin makes the same pass on me on the inside of T3 AGAIN! WTF! I watch the 2 of them battle it out for a few laps and can tell that their competition is losing them time. I see my opportunity on the last lap as Poulin passes Rogers on the inside of the entrance of T12 and it costs them both some time. I tried to find an alternate line that would allow me to carry more speed but I get stuck in Rogers line and end up finishing right behind both of them. Great race and I again finish in 9th out of 13, but hit a new PB of 1:16.300.

Here is the vid. Action starts at 2:55.

And here is the rendition of the race from Mike Weyant...he catches my almost highside on film.

I would like to thank my team mates for helping me get my suspension all sorted and for all their help this weekend. I am extremely thankful that I have such knowledge that I can tap. I also want to thank Joel Allen for all the advice he has given me over then extent of the season. Also I would like to thank Tony's Track Days for the track time and education, Pine Motor Parts for the paint, Woodcraft for the go fast parts (and the lever guards!), MTAG Pirelli for the outstanding rubber, AestheticRain for the web site, Arcy at On Track Media for the killer photos, and Miles at Street and Comp for the parts. I had a blast this weekend and can't wait to see what next weekend will bring!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Re: ECK #316 LRRS Rd 4

The hype was real, times are coming down fasttttt.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Sick report... it was a great weekend, Congrats on the new pb!

LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

I heard there was some smack being laid down before the racing. You definitely backed it up. Great job. Soon enough you will be in practice 9......

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Impressive! Good job man

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Your progress on that bike is nothing short of staggering. Way to go preteen! Just dont highside in front of me, k? =)

Glad my "super secret" starting advice is working for you. Gotta be just right with it or the SOB will bite back hard..ala my wheelie,collision with you. i borrowed rui's go-pro for that race so i will share the footage with you once i get it. nice work kid

LRRS Expert #99
    08 R6

"why tip-toe through life to arrive safely at death?" Tony Campol

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Mike View Post
    To quote PK, I "went in too hot and ran out of talent".

professional lurker burtonboarder23's Avatar

lookin good man, Lauren has a bunch of photos shes going through. Should have some to kick your way later this week

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Could you elaborate on that a bit? Just telling me not to run a specific tire, and giving me no true logical explanation is like telling me I'm going to get my dick sucked tonight, and not by whom."

Smutty got way too fast way too quick on that bike.

I will be picking your videos apart and watching very carefully.

LRRS 878 Clapped out Gixxah

Great job man. You are making progress like a mad man!!!!

Practice nine in no time

Freakin awesome performance man! You are flying

CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto