Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

ECK #316 Round 1

ECK #316 Round 1

Finished the motor swap and putting the bike together on Friday before heading into work. Boss met me out 2 hours early since I came in 2 hours early so I got to the track a little after midnight! Got unpacked with the help of the crew and Savvas offered me a hotel room for the night with him. After a good night of pillowtalk till about 3am we caught some shuteye and went to bed.

Got to the track in the AM and reg'd and teched only to find out that I had forgot to safety wire the oil drain bolt. Drilled it and safety wired it and passed. Glad they caught that...seriously. Thank you to all you guys in tech from keeping me from being that guy.

Swapped my daytona rubber for something that would work at loudon from the guys over at Dunlop and got out for second practice only to find out that the bike wouldn't accelerate past 13 or 14k. Pulled in pretty quickly and shared my problem with people in the garage. The celebrity Mark Bolduc (tlrman) happened to be in the garage and listened to the bike while caressing the throttle for 2 seconds before coming to the decision that the throttle bodies had come out of the boots. With the help of Doug (sheppo) and Eric Reiter (ct1200) and of course Mark again we managed to get the throttle bodies seated again and the rest of the bike together. I was a little nervous because I didn't have any practice at any sort of speed going into the first race.

Race #2 GTL

I got a great start off the line and was 2nd into T1 right behind Scott Greenwood. I then continued to gang banged as everyone and their grandmother passed me by the end of lap 1. I started off in the 21's and finished with an 18.2. Not bad. Got 8th out of 13.

Race #11 MWGP

I had some new Dunlop rubber on for this race so I was stoked to get out there and get racing! I got a decent start the first time and settled into 15th out of 25. Holy crap this was a big grid! Slowly got up to speed and started battling with...an SV?! WTF! He had awesome corner speed and I could barely pull him down the straights. I later learned he was no other than the #91 of Seth Hahn. Damn. Anyways, I finally manage to get by him in T3 only for him to repass going into the bowl. I tail him for the rest of the lap and take the outside line going into T12 to get a drive on him going onto the front straight. I manage to get by him only to come out of T4 to 2 bikes laying on the ground and a guy jumping up and down waving his arms. We all go back to pit and put our warmers back on.

For the restart we all had new grid positions. I had lost a spot from my original grid but I was pretty close. This time I got a great start and went around a couple of people going into T1. One of my goals was to be less timid going into the first couple corners off the start and to be more aggressive so this was awesome! I got into the groove by following and dicing with a few of the fast guys and then the pack in front of me pulled away once they got settled in. I ran comfortably and with 3 laps to go Justin Landry passes me on the entrance to T1. I follow him for 3 laps, wicked happy that I am actually able to somewhat keep up with him (he's fast). In T10 on the last lap we catch up with 2 AM's. Landry isn't able to make the pass on either one of them before 11. Landry takes the inside line going into 12 so I take the outside so I can hopefully get a drive on them coming out of 12A. Well one of the AM's checks up in 12 and Landry is forced to go over the curb in T12 sending him right into my line! I had nowhere to go and am forced to jump the curb in T12A. I get back on the gas only to see Alex Guilbeault passing me on the outside of T12A. DAMN! I ended up finishing 13th out of 25 starting. I was pleased as punch. I got down to a 1:16.5 during that race which is only .5 seconds off of my PB.

In Sunday practice I was working on my braking into T1 when my mind overloaded and I forgot to preload the front end before hard braking. I tucked the front at about 125mph. The bike smashed into the soft barriers on the Nascar 1 wall and ricocheted all the way down to the outside of the roadcourse T1. I seemed like I slid forever and hit a cone at about 60-70mph (ouch). Thankfully I got right up without any injuries and am not sore at all today. Bike is pretty rough but it will be ready for round 2 or BUST!

Thanks again to Mark Bolduc (the magician) for the diagnosis and help, Doug Shepherd for the help getting the bike together, Mo Kaddam for helping strip the bike, and Eric Reiter for helping as well. You guys are awesome! Thanks to all my teammates for all the help and all of my sponsors listed in my sig! Thanks to Arcy of On Track Media for the great pic too!

It was great to see all of you again and I can't wait for Round 2!!!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Re: ECK #316 Round 1

I had fun Smutty. I enjoy the whole wrenching part of being up there it's how I can be a part of the action with out putting on leathers.. LOL

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

thats probably exactly how I crashed last year. it was good for you that they took out the nascar tires they had behind the soft barriers.

Back within a .5 of your PB is a good way to do your first round... I did the same!

Re: loading up the front, I kind of stopped thinking about that. I think I subconsciously use my rolling off of the throttle to set the front and then just get on the brakes hard as I move my hand to the front brake (?). Do you do something different?

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Get a smoked visor. That is all.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Good job man.

Your little T1 bike mod sounded like something exploded. I expected to see a mushroom cloud when I turned around. There was a collective "whoa" from the Legend cars people. We were all happy when you got right up.

LRRS 878 Clapped out Gixxah

Thank you for breakfast Sunday, you look dreamy cooking bacon when I'm waking up...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Wait wait wait, one more thing. You offered me eggs Sunday morning...were those eggs fresh from your house? Please tell me no, cause if I missed out on those delicious bastards I'm gonna be pissed.

Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 04-29-13 at 03:19 PM.
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

You ran a solid MWGP. That turn 11a-12 moment was very hairy...if it happens again im going for the super man seat grab..you go for the no handed lander..lol.

When i say you can brake later into 1, i didnt mean wait till your about to eat shit and then hit the brakes. baby steps bro baby steps..

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS Expert #99
    08 R6

"why tip-toe through life to arrive safely at death?" Tony Campol

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Mike View Post
    To quote PK, I "went in too hot and ran out of talent".

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Thank you for breakfast Sunday, you look dreamy cooking bacon when I'm waking up...
    i think we should make a sunday tradition out of it. Smutty cooks, we eat?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

I was too busy trying not to crap myself going into T1 to notice that it was you that crashed there. So glad you are ok, that could have been nasty.

I am sure that you will have that thing slapped back together and ready for round 2...

Quote Originally Posted by lrrs699 View Post
    You ran a solid MWGP. That turn 11a-12 moment was very hairy...if it happens again im going for the super man seat grab..you go for the no handed lander..lol.

When i say you can brake later into 1, i didnt mean wait till your about to eat shit and then hit the brakes. baby steps bro baby steps..
    you're suppose to wait till you see God right? I think he screws with me and I see him at like the 3.5 board then he takes a couple steps back for everyone else and laughs at me when I park it before 1

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Psssstt.. all this on a stock motor with a stock ECU...

Congrats brother... Good to see you out there.

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Quote Originally Posted by Sheppo View Post
    I had fun Smutty. I enjoy the whole wrenching part of being up there it's how I can be a part of the action with out putting on leathers.. LOL
    It really is appreciated Doug!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    Back within a .5 of your PB is a good way to do your first round... I did the same!

Re: loading up the front, I kind of stopped thinking about that. I think I subconsciously use my rolling off of the throttle to set the front and then just get on the brakes hard as I move my hand to the front brake (?). Do you do something different?
    Thanks man! Feels good to get that outta the way the first round doesn't it haha?

And that is normally what I do too, but I shortened up my throttle roll of to squeezing the brakes transition so it didn't have enough time to load the front.
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    Never.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggeywackyo View Post
    Good job man.

Your little T1 bike mod sounded like something exploded. I expected to see a mushroom cloud when I turned around. There was a collective "whoa" from the Legend cars people. We were all happy when you got right up.
    I didn't hear shit haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post

Wait wait wait, one more thing. You offered me eggs Sunday morning...were those eggs fresh from your house? Please tell me no, cause if I missed out on those delicious bastards I'm gonna be pissed.
    They were not haha. Next round I will have ones from home.
    Quote Originally Posted by lrrs699 View Post

Thanks man! And yeah...no. You can have the superman seat grab. I'll do the bubba scrub.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    i think we should make a sunday tradition out of it. Smutty cooks, we eat?
    You supply the food and it's a deal!
    Quote Originally Posted by PainfullySlow View Post
    I was too busy trying not to crap myself going into T1 to notice that it was you that crashed there. So glad you are ok, that could have been nasty.

I am sure that you will have that thing slapped back together and ready for round 2...
    Thanks man!
    Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    Psssstt.. all this on a stock motor with a stock ECU...

Congrats brother... Good to see you out there.
    Thanks fast guy!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Click, Save as new background.

Smutty is my Hero!

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Yeah but too bad you can see his face...

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Agreed. Your face ruins those cool pictures.

Good job this weekend, except for the crashing part, and the spilling "wine" on me part.