Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

AM 331 round 3

AM 331 round 3

Friday
    GTU. because of a Mid Atlantic guy I'm pushed off the front row and start second row inside. hate that side and would much prefer front row outside where I would have been. flag flies and I get a mediocre start and get to T1 and the Mid Atlantic guy either ran into someone or someone hit his brake lever cause he was up and over the side and I'm pretty sure Ryan actually did hit him but just with the side of his bike. So Ryan and 2 others take evasive action and had to run around Nascar T1-2. I jammed on the brakes and got through T1. the 3 guys on Nascar oval are getting a head of steam to run into the back straight but I guess corner workers stood right in the line with their arms out and 2 of the guys touched trying to avoid them. not really sure. I think they both stayed on though. no red flag so continue on. Pass a couple guys, going underneath one in T7 which is starting to be my favorite passing spot. I was even complimented later on it from some guy who said everyone in the stands there loved the move. finished 6th of 11.

MWSB
    don't remember much about this was so probably not much memorable happened. finished 10th of 20.

Saturday
    MWGP The Loudon Classic. this is gonna be brutal. Started on the second row inside again. terrible start and after 1 lap I'm down to 15th. Passed Frenchy who had been beating me all year and was pretty happy about it. 8 laps in there's a red flag and we go back to pregrid and wait for about 15 minutes. We waited so long because they had to get new grid sheets to reset us. so we asked for 2 warm up laps. this time I start on the second row outside so I was in 8th. they also made it one wave with EX and AM separated by an empty row. I actually get a good start this time but 41 bikes into T1 blows and I lose a bunch of spots. put in some passes and got by Frenchy again so now I have bragging rights back. Spent the last 5 laps all by myself except for when some Experts lapped me. fun race. 1:20.075, almost back into the teens. finished 11th of 20

Sunday
    skipped both practices cause I had to run to work right after my races.
    back to back races today. shouldn't be too bad cause that's only 16 laps. Steve is bringing me a gatorade and my other gloves to pregrid between the races.

HWSS I think I finally figured out how to get my bike off the line decently, nice. good into T1. I felt like I was really moving in this race so I really wanted to know what I ran. finished 7th of 11

MWSS. awesome not having experts in front of us and later messing up our race. grid up in 1D. I haven't started on the actual front row since my novice days. and I get an umbrella girl. NICE. I roll into pregrid right from the end of HWSS and she hands me my Gatorade and gloves and tells me 19.9. I'm psyched but where's Steve. he gave her the stuff and it was awesome to have her help. for some reason I'm sitting there shaking and I don't know why. I was either really happy to get into the teens again or I was nervous cause of her. Got another good start so I guess the last one wasn't a fluke. I think I went into T1 in 5th. I can't remember if I was in front of or right behind my CEO. I spent the next 4 laps trying to get by him but I kept spinning and sliding the rear so he'd pull a little gap that I had to get back on the brakes. So I decided I needed to be ultra smooth rolling on the power for the rest of the race. Lap 5 I get passed by Dave Tasker who I know is faster than me and was confused thinking I got lapped but there's no way cause he's not that much faster. turns out he got a really bad start. a lap later Tanner Ose gets by me and I'm shocked because I've always passed him with ease before, he's riding very well this race. the 4 of us spent the next 3 laps in a train. best of 1:19.942, just over a tenth off my PB. finished 8th of 17.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: AM 331 round 3

We started in the same wave as you in HWSS, and I had fun trying to keeping you in sight for the first part of the race. Congrats on surviving the Classic and dipping back into the 19's!

'02 SV650 street|woods|race LRRS #128

Sounds like a good weekend overall. Good work making it through the classic, I was exhausted just watching.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

I actually wasn't tired at all after the Classic. GTU I was dead though. I work too hard and it sucks the energy out quickly and the lap times suffer. relax and the lap times drop. on sunday in a bunch of turns I'd actually pretty much let go of the left handlebar after I had my steering input done. I really do fight the bike way too much.

Nice report...congrats on getting back into the teens!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

nice new time brett. hopefully i'll be catching up to you guys soon. i really enjoyed when we all battled each other last season.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    nice new time brett. hopefully i'll be catching up to you guys soon. i really enjoyed when we all battled each other last season.
    new time? didn't set a new PB, very close though and after playing with the new laptimer for a few minutes on saturday night I know I can gain a ton of time in 11. hell just being behind CEO I know I can gain a ton there. he's knee down and I feel like I'm nowhere near even trying to get it down. I gotta view the data from HWSS and do some more analysis

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    ...and I get an umbrella girl. NICE. I roll into pregrid right from the end of HWSS and she hands me my Gatorade and gloves and tells me 19.9. I'm psyched but where's Steve. he gave her the stuff and it was awesome to have her help. for some reason I'm sitting there shaking and I don't know why. I was either really happy to get into the teens again or I was nervous cause of her....
    now who's your buddy for hooking you up!! She was pretty hot and very friendly, but I think you were probably shaking from the stress of just finishing a race and being right back on grid. Good weekend.

Shit Corey says:
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarider102 View Post
    I think that a smooth motor would help me be a bit smoother

Good job Brett, you were looking smooth!

CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto

Got another good start so I guess the last one wasn't a fluke. I think I went into T1 in 5th. I can't remember if I was in front of or right behind my CEO. I spent the next 4 laps trying to get by him but I kept spinning and sliding the rear so he'd pull a little gap that I had to get back on the brakes. So I decided I needed to be ultra smooth rolling on the power for the rest of the race. Lap 5 I get passed by Dave Tasker who I know is faster than me and was confused thinking I got lapped but there's no way cause he's not that much faster. turns out he got a really bad start
    Definitely a fun race man! I had a blast.

You were gridded in 1D and I was right behind you in 2D. You got a good start but I got a great start for once LOL... think I went into T1 in 4th so that sounds about right.

I have the video of the race I'll youtube it when I get a chance.
    new time? didn't set a new PB, very close though and after playing with the new laptimer for a few minutes on saturday night I know I can gain a ton of time in 11. hell just being behind CEO I know I can gain a ton there. he's knee down and I feel like I'm nowhere near even trying to get it down. I gotta view the data from HWSS and do some more analysis
    Funny Dave Tasker was telling me I could even go in there a little hotter so I was working on that a bit. Trying to carry good throttle through the transition from turning right to turning left before rolling off and starting the trailbrake is what seems to make the biggest difference for me going in there I think. The bike moves around a bit and you need to have confidence in the front as you throw it in and roll off but it feels real good once you do it. Seems a lot of folks drive out of 10 hard and then just carry light throttle as they transition over and that really kills entry speed.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

I actually wasn't tired at all after the Classic. GTU I was dead though. I work too hard and it sucks the energy out quickly and the lap times suffer. relax and the lap times drop. on sunday in a bunch of turns I'd actually pretty much let go of the left handlebar after I had my steering input done. I really do fight the bike way too much.
    I do this sometimes (release the grip), and with my feet too occasionally (but that's more to just alleviate some ankle soreness)...either way, as long as it works to help you relax!

You looked pretty good out there Brett...and I was def a little jealous you got an "official" umbrella girl

Bill Cool --- NEMRR EX #8 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    Definitely a fun race man! I had a blast.

You were gridded in 1D and I was right behind you in 2D. You got a good start but I got a great start for once LOL... think I went into T1 in 4th so that sounds about right.

I have the video of the race I'll youtube it when I get a chance.

Funny Dave Tasker was telling me I could even go in there a little hotter so I was working on that a bit. Trying to carry good throttle through the transition from turning right to turning left before rolling off and starting the trailbrake is what seems to make the biggest difference for me going in there I think. The bike moves around a bit and you need to have confidence in the front as you throw it in and roll off but it feels real good once you do it. Seems a lot of folks drive out of 10 hard and then just carry light throttle as they transition over and that really kills entry speed.
    ok then I was right behind you the whole time till Dave and Tanner got between us. for not being able to pass you it sure was fun as hell chasing.

yeah I think I carry light throttle there. Yup, GPS data from HWSS shows I am letting off WAYYYYYY to early.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    I do this sometimes (release the grip), and with my feet too occasionally (but that's more to just alleviate some ankle soreness)...either way, as long as it works to help you relax!

You looked pretty good out there Brett...and I was def a little jealous you got an "official" umbrella girl
    thanks.
    I had forgotten about having them there till I rolled into hot pit and saw her come walking up with my stuff. I was psyched. Before that I was just happy as hell to be on row 1. really wish we could do that race by ourselves all the time. I kinda like getting passed by experts cause I try to chase them as best I can but not having it for that one time would be great every weekend. maybe I'll do that Unlimited race with the novices next round.

Last edited by CBR929RE; 06-19-12 at 07:01 PM.