Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

ECK Racing 316 Rd 6

ECK Racing 316 Rd 6

SO this round again I got to the track at 2am on Saturday. I had to drink 2 energy drinks to stay awake, so they didn't wear off until about 3:30. Got a little sleep and got teched in the am and got the new tires mounted. I made the switch to Dunlop because I have aspirations to run a few AMA rounds in the near future. So I got some Dunlops mounted and was able to make it out for second practice to feel them out. The big difference that I noticed in the tires was during braking. It seemed that there was a lot more brake confidence and power in the front, so I knew I was going to have to work on moving my brake markers forward.

First race was GTU. I got a great start and was 2nd into T1 behind Greenwood. I was feeling great until I got gangbanged on the inside of T3 and lost like 3 spots. I get passed many more times and then finally settle into 7th. I see that the flagger is going to throw the last lap flag the next time we come around, but somehow that registered in my mind as the last lap. I block the inside of T3 and Gene tries to go around the outside. I am able to hold the inside line into 4 and win the drag race up the hill to T6. I finish the lap and let off when I hit the start finish line. I am just about to look behind me and congratulate him on a great race when he comes charging by me...SHIT! With one more lap to go I desperately try to catch him. I know this is going to be very hard since he is a good rider and I am not quite familiar with what I am riding on. He passes 2 lappers in T9 and I only manage to get by one in 9 and the other in 10. He ends up crossing first which leaves me in 8th. I ran 17's and 18's.

MWGP was pretty uneventful. Didn't get a great start because I chickened out and let up. And just kinda ran alone. 17's and 18's again.

On Sunday morning I had Kates come over and asked him what he thought of how the suspension felt. Gino Berrio had noticed that the clickers didn't do much of anything so we called in the reinforcements. After doing his bouncey bounce he determined that the shock wasn't doing much of any damping and that the valving was probably wrong. So out comes the shock with the help of Gino and off to Kates it goes. Ended up putting a stiffer and shorter spring in which will help with the setting of the preload as well as revalving the rebound and compression. Missed both practices but got it all back together and PK was satisfied. (As was Gino....yeah yeah yeah....Gino...you were right).

Right before MWSB it started to POUR. We had just finished getting the bike together and now decided to switch to rains. The track said that they were going to wait a little bit for it to try out. So while waiting it started to try. Decided to go with a DOT rear and rain front as it dried. Then they said they had driers on the track and they were going to wait some more! CRAP! With the help of Erik, Gino, Pete, Chuck, and Brendan we managed to get the front changed in time and got me out for the race with a little warmpth in the tires even. The bike felt like a whole new mount. It was a little nervous in the front end until I got some speed, so that threw me off a little. Nothing really special in this race. Rolled around by myself again and got used to the bike and tires while doing 18's and 19's.

For MWSS the track was dry and I was worry free about tire choice...finally. Got a decent start and settled in. Nothing eventful this race either.Ended up finishing with Tim Barber right behind me and managed to get down to a 1:16.5.

All in all this was a great weekend. I got comfortable on the new tires and can't wait to try a brand new set now! Also can't wait to get the fork springs swapped to a .95 rate instead of the .925 that I am running now. I just want to thank everyone in the pits for helping this weekend. You are awesome and made my weekend! I also want to thank Steve Guinard from Race Tire Service for the tires and help as well as Tony's Track Days, Pine Motor Parts, Woodcraft, Street and Comp, On Track Media, and Aesthetic Rain.

This was my last LRRS round this year sadly, as I am going to make the trip to Daytona for the ROC instead.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Re: ECK Racing 316 Rd 6

glad we all could help out. What PITA that shock is to get otu. I can take mine ont and put back in in a total of 5 Min.

Glad you got back to the 16's

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Re: ECK Racing 316 Rd 6

Solid weekend. Next time you decide to go past me in three, keep the bike somewhat in line you lunatic.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS 878 Clapped out Gixxah