Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

ECK Racing #39 - LRRS 2014 Round 4 Report

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

ECK Racing #39 - LRRS 2014 Round 4 Report

High-sided on the first lap of the first practice on a false neutral, which skipped the rear tire. The rear tire slid and caught, throwing me over the bike. The bike then decided to follow me and hit me in the lower back.

Result was a fractured pelvis and soft tissue damage to my left shoulder and knee. Definitely a season-ender. That's a new PB for my crashing. All of the rest were boring low-sides. This crash was the first that I can say I was genuinely scared to death, while it was happening.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Re: ECK Racing #39 - LRRS 2014 Round 4 Report

Heal up Chuck!!!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

I cringed when I heard about this Saturday night. High-sides are no fun. Damn sorry, man, wish you a speedy recovery.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    John
    CCS/LRRS Expert #69
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2004
    "Speed has a kind of affinity for me, it's the time God and I have our little talks."

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    I cringed when I heard about this Saturday night. High-sides are no fun. Damn sorry, man, wish you a speedy recovery.
    I have crashed a few times previously, but they've all been low-sides. This crash seemed to happen in slow motion. Not sure whether the fracture occurred when I was ejected from the bike and my legs were spread over the gas tank. Or, if it occurred when the bike hit me from behind.

|

Sorry to hear Chuck. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

I'm glad it took them 40 seconds to get the red flag out while Chuck was in the middle of turn 1.

I saw the waving yellow in 1 at S/F. Rolled thru 1 and could not believe that there was a rider in the middle of the track. I saw the after effect of riders in the grass from them avoiding the situation. I could see the pick up crew 1/4 way thru the grass to get to the rider. Probably Scott as that kid is a jack rabbit. I easily roll thru as I was one of the last riders into T1 and around Chuck on his hands and knees while the bike was immediately next to him. The bike was closest to t1A . I gesture to T2 to wave the flag. I gesture to T3 to wave the flag. I should have stopped and grabbed the radio and called for a red flag. I rolled up to T5 then the red flag comes out. My pace thru these areas were far form race/practice/TD pace as I was expecting a Red to come out and funnel us thru 3/10.

40+ seconds to request a red flag is absolutely not realistic for Control to figure out if they need a red flag and call it out to all stations. Yes I've cornered worked.

Heal up Chuckles.

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    I'm glad it took them 40 seconds to get the red flag out while Chuck was in the middle of turn 1.

I saw the waving yellow in 1 at S/F. Rolled thru 1 and could not believe that there was a rider in the middle of the track. I saw the after effect of riders in the grass from them avoiding the situation. I could see the pick up crew 1/4 way thru the grass to get to the rider. Probably Scott as that kid is a jack rabbit. I easily roll thru as I was one of the last riders into T1 and around Chuck on his hands and knees while the bike was immediately next to him. The bike was closest to t1A . I gesture to T2 to wave the flag. I gesture to T3 to wave the flag. I should have stopped and grabbed the radio and called for a red flag. I rolled up to T5 then the red flag comes out. My pace thru these areas were far form race/practice/TD pace as I was expecting a Red to come out and funnel us thru 3/10.

40+ seconds to request a red flag is absolutely not realistic for Control to figure out if they need a red flag and call it out to all stations. Yes I've cornered worked.

Heal up Chuckles.
    Agreed. I looked over at the T1 flagger and could not believe they weren't waving a red flag. I was literally ON the line and my bike was covering the outside line of T1A. I think I was scared the most at the point where I was on my hands and knees, because my legs would not move. I thought I was paralyzed and didn't even realize that because I was up on my knees, that I wasn't.

|