Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

EX 820: 2012 LRRS Round 7

EX 820: 2012 LRRS Round 7

Wow. What a season.

Friday..
    For the first time all year we got to the track early on Friday. It was nice to get set-up in the daylight.

Saturday..
    Practice went decent. I just spun around and loosened up a little. I cut both sessions short because I was going to run GTL for the first time all season.

Race 3... GTL... Since I have not run this all season started back in T12. My plan was to take it easy on the start and run a fast track day session. I had a good start and fell in behind a group of 4 or 5 riders who were having their own battle. I decided to follow for a few laps and see how things shook out. I started to settle into a good rhythm and started picking my way through the guys ahead. After I got past this group I settled in and I brought it home in 14th.
    This race went real well for me. I expected that my extreme physical fitness would carry me.......... To pit road early that is.... I finished this race feeling fresh and ready for a sprint race. I was pretty pleased. Oh. I forgot to mention that I put down a new PB during this race. Laps 9 and 10 were sub 1:20. With the best being a 1:19.704.

Race 8 LWGP..... About the time we get the second call the rain comes. Sweet. WTF. I really was hoping to get this race in dry. I thought there might be a 18 hiding out there waiting for me. Not to be. We had 33 entrants in this race. The LWGP continues to be the largest grid with some close racing. I am glad to be part of this show. Due to the rain we had many riders decide to sit this one out. Not me. I had a decent start and brought it home nice and steady in...............4th place. Holy shit. 4th friggin place. I'm happy as shit.

Saturday evening. We had a great cookout with our friends from ECK and RSP. This was a great time. The highlight of which was the presentation of Maddie Hawky to Emma. It has been hard to keep this a secret. She was speechless. Thanks to Keith Draghi for all his help making this happen.

Sunday.

Race 8... LWSS. I had one of my best grid spots all season. 2D.
    Green flag drops and I get a great launch. I exit T1 right on the tail pipe of #82 The holeshot master. This did not last real long I dropped to 5th by the end of lap 1. Then had a great race long battle with BJ Worsham. That was fun. I just could not muster a pass. I got close a couple times but not close enough to get by. I brought it home in 5th.... Sweet another top 5.

Race 12... F40L...I started on the inside for this race. The start was a little nutty for a bunch of old guys.
    I took it easy then found the 565 going by. Hmmm. I can't let my friend Chuck beat me without a fight. I put my head down and worked my way past the 565 and brought it home in 8th place.

This season has been a whirlwind journey for me. I have met so many great people along the way. I am so glad that I let myself get talked into racing with the LRRS. The racing is fun. The organization is great. The people are amazing. I cannot believe how far I made it this season from my nervous Rookie Race start in April until my first Expert top 5s in the final round.

I really want to thank a few people. First and foremost I need to thank Emma. She has made racing so much fun for me. I am a lucky Dad to have such a great kid. She can run a stand and tire warmers like a boss.

I need to thank the ECK and RSP crews for all the mentoring and friendship along the way. I would not have had the smooth season that I did without these great people. Tony's Track Days for all the training and track time. Mike Kurtz at MTAG for the Pirelli tire support. Miles at Street and Comp for being there when we needed him.

I also would like to shout out to my great garage mates. Lou, Jay, Marco and Dave. You guys really make it fun!!!

I mostly need to thank Wendy. She is a wife that any racer would dream of. I am so fortunate to have such a supportive wife. She takes care of getting me ready to go every event and keeping me organized and fed. She really makes it happen.

I can't wait for next season.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Rada; 10-10-12 at 08:52 PM.

Re: EX 820: 2012 LRRS Round 7

Unfortunately I can only like this original post once

Great season Adam!!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

the Butlers.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

What a season. I watched LWSS from T6 and you looked badass keeping the leaders in sight.

'02 SV650 street|woods|race LRRS #128

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Glad I wound up with you and the rest of the guys in Garage 2. Its been awesome, that's all there is to say. Long long winter ahead.

ROTY for sure.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

A excellent report and I like the human factor very much. Thanks!

You're the man. Seriously....AWESOME job! Can't wait to see what you have in store for next year!!

Strawberry rhubarb pie?

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

ROTY. That is all.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PainfullySlow View Post
    ROTY. That is all.